Resource icon

[Open Assets] Many Minor Tweaks 5.3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I like where this mod is going at! Though there could be some more fixes/tweaks...

One suggestion I would add is an option a classic time limit, 10 minutes a stage like the classic games (either one where you decide to have the time flash at 9 minutes and end at 10, or one where you decide the number of minutes per stage).

I also found a lot of bugs.

1. Your lua script somehow prevents the Game Over theme from playing in a stage. And you might want to tweak for both the original theme and if someone used an alternate theme like Flicky™ by MotorRoach. (You should play this for yourself to see what you're dealing with.)

https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=45666

2. Whether the Super music is on or off, the drowning theme no longer plays in regular stages. As such, invincibility/speed shoes effects are present when hitting these power-ups when Super (invincibility sparkles/more after-images when Super). This also causes the music to play the level music instead of the Super theme, when I know "supermusic" is set to <on>.

3. After playing a boss, music no longer continues after being invincibility/speed shoes/getting a 1-up, etc. It restarts instead. Even when you're Super (whether the theme is on or off). Sometimes the boss won't even give way to the level music when playing a boss. It just continues the boss music instead of going to the level theme.

Last edited:
It seems like there's a problem where if someone dies in multiplayer when someone else is super, the person who's super's super form gets cancelled.

Anyway it's funny that you can't set your skin color in singleplayer. Because if you use devmode 1 in console, and then use color [color] in the console it allows this. Kind of odd.

Also you still can't fly after *Jumping* off a badnik/monitor... from the ground. I see no reason to limit flying anyway.

You cannot initiate flight / fly upward if you start descending (if your height starts going down) at all while in ball form.
You cannot fly upward if you start descending (if your height starts going down) at all while in flying/flight form.
If you ARE losing height / ARE descending at all you cannot fly upward.
Using a shield ability also does not work if your height is moving downward.
The Whirlwind Monitor negates all of these bugs from occurring I believe (I mean i'm playing the game as I'm writing this).
Flight in general just sometimes doesn't work, if i'm wrong about the descending thing while in flying/flight form.
Bubble Monitor also fixes the issue with initiating flight while descending / flying upward while descending issue... perhaps every shield fixes this issue.
Honestly I have no idea what's causing flight / swim to not work anymore. Just 50% of the time you're not allowed to fly, you just start falling whether you're spamming Jump or not.
Also this is pretty hard to replicate, but sometimes you can initiate flight after using tailsball (midair, as in not landing on an enemy). The falling glitch isnt hard at all to replicate its quite consistent. You've rewritten this tailsball code multiple times, i dunno if you'll be able to fix it. Best bet is to just tell others who cant get tailsball bop and flight to work consistantly is to use taillsball jump. Again thanks if you are willing to fix it, and if you do. Sorry to post this weird amalgamation of bugs that YOU might not even be able to replicate.
This just in... KNUCKLES GLIDE ALSO DOESN'T INITIATE IF KNUCKLES HEIGHT IS GOING DOWN EITHER. Probably the same with thok then... Tailsball bop seems to just screw up the normal jump of every character.
[This only happens if tailsball is set to bop.]

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Also I know this isn't your job, but can you tweak some shield abilities? Mainly the Bubble/Aqua Shield. I think you should go a bit higher if you bubble bounce of an enemy or monitor. And that it shouldn't delete all of your momentum. It wasn't this bad in the classic games, hell i don't think it destroyed any of your momentum in Mania. I could be wrong though. [Yeah, You can move WHILE going down by pressing Spin in midair, and move in the direction after bouncing off of the ground. Basically it doesn't screw around with your momentum. 90% sure.] Since Renovation (another mod pack) is all about tweaking shield abilities and character abilities... maybe i should ask them... uh dunno.

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Also, Maybe you could make changes to the HUD to make it slightly better, if you want to. You don't have to. But maybe something as simple as removing the white background from the life icon to make it transparent, or having it Sonic CD / Mania styled entirely. Do whatever you'd like if you want to do something. (Just another suggestion)

Last edited:
Wew, only been taking a break for a few days and I see a lotta bugs that need fixin. I'll make the next update dedicated to fixing them.

In all honesty, tailsball bop is in a huge state of disarray due to frustrated programming, the reason why it might be only working with the whirlwind and bubbleshield is because they act buggy with tailsball bop, so I disabled it from working when in that state. For now, I'll try to rewrite it in its entirety, and if I can't figure out a way to get it to work, then it'll just have to be disabled for the next update until I can figure out something.

As for the super state being cancelled when another player dies, that might be because I had an unnecessary player.iterate thing going on, my in-development script I have has that bit removed, I'll test it out soon to see if that fixes it.

And I'll need to investigate the bugs you reported carlrev, I did run into issues before with the music restarting, but I swear I fixed them. Maybe super forms call something else to make sure the music doesn't restart, but if that's the case, idk what value is set to actually do that, or if it's something lua can use.

EDIT: Good news, fixed the drowning/game over music, it was because of toggleafk of all things. It'll be patched in the next update. Bad news, it looks like I'll have to rewrite tailsball bop, because hoo boy it just doesn't look pretty.

Last edited:
This is pretty awesome! Tailsball opens up new Crawla/Badnik Bouncing opportunites!

Here's a suggestion that I think would be neat: reenabling Super Transformation in Ringslinger modes

That's on my backlog of things to add, actually! Been contemplating it, however the SRB2 Discord server had talks about how the emerald collection system is weird to detect for, so I've been holding off on it.

Might give it a go next update, assuming it doesn't make me tear my hair out. Obviously it'd be something to not enable by default, since I actually quite like the new system that's in place :p But options are always nice, ain't it?
This is pretty awesome! Tailsball opens up new Crawla/Badnik Bouncing opportunites!

Here's a suggestion that I think would be neat: reenabling Super Transformation in Ringslinger modes

Spent my entire day making this update, wew. Version 2.2 is now out!

This once more fixes a lot of things, this time I think I know for sure what's been causing issues with tailsball, superkey, etc.; to keep it brief, I was a fool and used pflag values directly, and pflag values also check for if autobrake/analog mode is enabled. If you messed with these settings, the script wouldn't work for you! It's been changed to check for them properly now, so this should no longer be an issue.
Another bug fix is with the music not playing properly, this was due to a problem with afktoggle, which affected single player as well. It's been fixed now, yay.

mmtdebugger has been overhauled entirely, now being useful for other lua script devs that want to see the player.pflags and player.mo.state info. I plan on adding more functionality in here later on, such as player.powers[x] stuff.

And finally, revamped code for super forms and tailsball bop has been implemented, in which this should be, for realsies, hopefully the last time I have to go back and fix this stuff.

by "player.powers[x]" you mean "charability [value] [value]"? For example, charability 1 4 gives Sonic the Homing Attack (which is Sonic Adventure styled). Many commands are restricted to devmode 1.

That's not what I meant in my post, but I did plan on adding this as a feature anyways. If it's restricted by devmode, then I'll implement it, since I don't think it being restricted by devmode is fun, since I often play using the custom save soc. (that and remembering all the number combinations isn't easy)

Anyways, what I meant in my post was that the debug mode would show what player powers are toggled, ala how the player pflags are currently shown. I should put up a screenshot of this stuff in action soon.
by "player.powers[x]" you mean "charability [value] [value]"? For example, charability 1 4 gives Sonic the Homing Attack (which is Sonic Adventure styled). Many commands are restricted to devmode 1.

Hey so just a heads up: I tried the whole skincolor thing, and it has a small bug at the moment. Trying to use "aether" will show the command description, and using "slate" gives the Aether color. So in short the actual Slate color is unusable by the command.

Oh whoops, I had forgot to change up the function used to detect skincolor stuff, it referred to slate as aether, and then it referred to slate again for it's proper color, and aether didn't have a proper place.

It'll bring it out in a bugfix update!
Hey so just a heads up: I tried the whole skincolor thing, and it has a small bug at the moment. Trying to use "aether" will show the command description, and using "slate" gives the Aether color. So in short the actual Slate color is unusable by the command.

Do you plan on making map [number] available in Singleplayer? Mainly for modding / addons. Of course, I understand if you wouldn't as I think you're allowed to select your level if you beat the game. But I mean like, changing your map to an addon's map or something.
I know you said anything restricted by devmode will be implemented, but I was just curious.

Ehh, there's two problems with that:
1. It'd be kinda difficult, since all I'd be doing is literally recreating the command, in my mod there'd be some point (e.g. ease of use, like my plans with charability to be human readable, instead of just numbers). It'd require a whole process to search all the maps to find, say, a zone's name.

Let's say you wanna use a command like "map Deep Sea 2", it'd have to find "Deep Sea" and act 2 of it. That *might* be possible, but it'd require a lot of programming...but moreover, the second problem makes this impossible.

2. To my knowledge, lua can't change the map. Heck, it can't even modify map header data like weather and stuff, which is lame and boring, and I so desperately wish it could to a certain extent.

So, to the point, it'd be impossible to make this due to restrictions in place on lua, and even if it were possible to change the map, it'd be kinda hard for my skill level to take this challenge face on to make the command easier to use.

EDIT: I just remembered, it is kinda possible to semi-fudge it using G_SetCustomExitVars. But unfortunately this only works when you're in a stage, and not...uh, anywhere else. So a total replacement of the command it out of the question unfortunately. Also it's kinda broken in 2.2, it is possible to get it to work, but it's been buggy overall in my experience, with it not liking special stages all that well. Also it'd be hard to get it to get along with unlockable stages.

I might still give this a go sometime, since the convience of just typing like, "mapname Egg Rock 1" would be kinda nifty.
Do you plan on making map [number] available in Singleplayer? Mainly for modding / addons. Of course, I understand if you wouldn't as I think you're allowed to select your level if you beat the game. But I mean like, changing your map to an addon's map or something.
I know you said anything restricted by devmode will be implemented, but I was just curious.

Last edited:
Im confused, when I type superkey customaction1 or even just customaction or any other key i can set it to, it just tells me what it is set to (spin) and says what the command does. :/
And yes, I have an addon so that's why i'd want to change superkey, because insta shield mod is blocking it from working somehow

Not like map is needed in SP anyways. It's intended for debuging or cheat so it's available using devmode so it will be redundant to add it in MMT. It's if hard and redudant why add it ?

The key you're looking for is "custom1". I'll go ahead and add clarification to what arguments commands like this accepts in the next update.

Im confused, when I type superkey customaction1 or even just customaction or any other key i can set it to, it just tells me what it is set to (spin) and says what the command does. :/
And yes, I have an addon so that's why i'd want to change superkey, because insta shield mod is blocking it from working somehow

New version time again!
v2.3 introduces two new...ish tweaks!
  • The first is supertrail, which gives you a ghost trail that is much more pronounced than what SRB2 gives you, looking similar to how it did in Sonic Mania.
  • The second is charability! This is functionally similar to SRB2's default "charability" command, however it's expanded by allowing human readable inputs, e.g. "charability telekinesis gunslinger"
  • Commands now detailed arguments for each, for example, all the keys available for superkey/cancelsuper, and all the values for charability.
  • skincolor also works in multiplayer now, if you need that as opposed to the regular "color" command for some reason.
  • mmthelp has been reorganized once more, and now the commands are categorized into various groups!
  • And a bunch of fixes, including but not limited to the Hyper Abilities script now being compatible (before, the script would only activate when the player lands on the ground)

You might want to fix the after-images for Tails and Metal Sonic as the code of after-images also apply for their tail and jet flame sprites It shows the player's sprites as normal, but then 3 tail/jet flame after-images appear behind the after-images of the player itself, so there is accidentally 6 after-images behind Tails and Metal Sonic (3 being the actual player, 3 being the tail/jet flame).

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back