Resource icon

[Open Assets] Final Lap Music! (KL_FinalLapMusic_V2.1.pk3)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ZeverousNova

Watch Symphogear
What originally started out as just pitch shifted, sped up music tracks, Snu and I present:

Final Lap Music!

We've collaborated to bring a feature that I wish was in the base game to begin with, but due to the SDL Mixer it isn't possible, so now music has faster variations on the final lap of a race, akin to Mario Kart. Every race track in SRB2Kart has been accounted for, and all the songs have been compressed to a manageable size with new looppoints fitting for a last lap.

Example:

Also included:

Custom map support! It's really easy to support your maps for this as it's been made to be really accessible, there's a documentation below for more information on how to setup your maps for it.

- Using debug commands to change the lap count could potentially break the check for the script since its map header based, but since it's debug related we're not responsible for whatever they may cause.
Thanks to Snu for optimizing and relooping/compressing nearly all the songs in the WAD, alongside handling custom map support and writing the documentation for it.

Lua Functions:

FLM_MapExists(int map) - Checks if the map specified already exists within the table containing all the supported maps.
FLM_AddMusic(int map) - Adds the specified extended map number to the table containing all the supported maps.

Custom Map Support:

Supporting your map for this WAD has been made really accessible and easy to understand! KL_FinalLapMusic_v2.wad uses different music lumps as the alternate tracks due to the SDL Mixer not supporting speed modification for music, so the first step is creating your alternate music track.

All the edits in this WAD was done in Audacity, so that's what I would personally recommend, but you can use whatever you prefer. The main changes done to every song was a 10% speed increase and a 5% pitch increase, so if you want to keep it consistent with my edits you can do the same. Of course, since it's a separate music lump you could even have entirely different music play in the final lap, it's all up to you!

Now that you have your music lump, the next and final step is adding your map to the table of supported maps. As of v2, all you have to do to add your map is add this to your Level Header:
Code:
LUA.FLMusic = [music lump name]
Once that's in your Level Header, the Framework will do everything else and add your music when the map is loaded!

Once that's done, you've got yourself a supported map! Save your changes and enjoy the tension of the final lap! If there's any questions I'm pretty much always available on Discord or here on the MB, give me a bell and I'll respond ASAP! - Snu

- The method for adding custom map support has been completely changed! Check the Documentation in the OP for more details!
- Support for the different maps in the v1.0.2 rotation has been added.
- The file is now a PK3, it doesn't save much due to PK3's not affecting music as much, but the smaller the better.

- Added Compatibility with kl_spbmusic by TehRealSalt; the final lap music will no longer overwrite the SPB music when you go onto the final lap while you have an SPB chasing you.
- If defined with a MUSICDEF, the music credits for a song will now show when the final lap music starts on the final lap.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• KL_FinalLapMusic_V2.1.zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 2,196
  • KL_FinalLapMusic_V2.1.zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 1,859
Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I haven't tested every track, but I feel I tested enough to give this one the go-ahead. With it taking up far less space than before, I think this is release worthy now!

Updated the wad to V1.1, changes include:
- Fixed FLM_AddMusic printing it added the final lap music even if it was already added
- Amplified Kodachrome Void's music a little more due to it being an XM Module

Updated the wad to V1.2, changes include:
- You can now add LUA.FLMusic to your map header to set what music lump is loaded on the final lap! This is setup the same way as the Music parameter and is useful if you've got multiple tracks that share the same song.
- The main WAD is now Wadzipped, it's not much but it should hopefully make it a tiny bit smaller until pk3 support is released for Kart.

Updated the wad to version 2, changes include:
- The method for adding custom map support has been completely changed! Check the Documentation in the OP for more details!
- Support for the different maps in the v1.0.2 rotation has been added.
- The file is now a PK3, it doesn't save much due to PK3's not affecting music as much, but the smaller the better.

Updated the file to V2.1:
- Added compatibility with kl_spbmusic by TehRealSalt; the final lap music will no longer overwrite the SPB music when you go onto the final lap while you have an SPB chasing you.
- If defined with a MUSICDEF, the music credits for a song will now show when the final lap music starts on the final lap.

Is it possible to make this usable in time attack?
No, it uses lua script, which automatically disables time attack. Though you could get around this by using a custom gamedata.
Besides, they won't be updating this anymore, as it's obsoleted by dynamic music

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back