SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Levels

Slipgate Cup v1.1 Details »»
Slipgate Cup v1.1
Developer Last Online: Mar 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 01-13-2020 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Re-Useable Content

Wew, this took some time to work on but it's ready now!

The first map I'm releasing on the forums is a Quake themed map!
MAPP0: Wind Tunnels
- Difficulty: Advanced Level
This 2 lap track takes a dive into the murky waters under this ancient castle in the dark realm, the wind will carry you along the crumbling foundation deep inside! A secret path is hidden away here and if one were to find it, a special item awaits within the darker corridors.

This is the first track made for the planned Slipgate cup as more will come in the near future, stay tuned for updates and notes!

MAPP1: TBA
- Difficulty: Intermediate Level

Spoiler: Notes:

MAPP0: Wind Tunnels
- Certain areas had to be cut off due to strange interactions found within testing that would lead to potentially unintended exploits.
- The Wind Tunnels is meant to be a difficult stage and not a beginner stage, this track does test your application among bounce pads.
- The track was re-balanced through testing to assure all character speed types are capable of clearing the jumps within both normal and hard speed, checkpoints also being reset to avoid players getting stuck on certain jumps. It is possible for ALL characters to make every jump on the track.

Spoiler: Updates/Fixes:

- v1.1 Update: Fixed the wooden bridge on the right side to remove a slime trail causing the vertices to display a funky error with the flats that trailed downwards when viewed from the front.
- v1.2 Update: Added in extra starposts over checkpoints 1 and 7 to avoid players missing checkpoints. Fixed oversight of waypoint 5 being a sneaker panel rather than being a star post activator (Don't work on maps when tired).
- Slipgate Cup v1 pk3 available!!!: Wind Tunnels track has been compressed into the first iteration of the Slipgate Cup, this will allow for easier updates when the next map and overhauls come to tracks.
- Minor Fix: Renamed two sprite files to allow map to run to avoid crashes on startup with map. Re-download newly uploaded v1 file
- File Fix to 1.1: Looked into an error with the sprite animations for both Quad Damage and Pentagon of Protection objects sprite animations causing an error on crash, files were renamed to their originals before disabling Slade's percentage encoding for editing properties, thanks to Chaobrother. New version has been uploaded for download.

Download Now

File Type: zip KR_Wind_Tunnels-v1.zip (6.07 MB, 41 views)
File Type: zip KR_Wind_Tunnels-v1.1.zip (6.07 MB, 24 views)
File Type: zip KR_Wind_Tunnels-v1.2.zip (6.09 MB, 83 views)
File Type: pk3 KR_Slipgate_Cup-v1.1.pk3 (6.60 MB, 188 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0055.gif
Views:	266
Size:	5.82 MB
ID:	25477   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0060.gif
Views:	195
Size:	6.72 MB
ID:	25478  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 01-14-2020   #2
D00D64
Worst Ranked 'Kart Player

Welcome to releases!

My awful Twitter account

My also awful YouTube channel
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020   #3
Mr.Logan

Just gonna do a quick bump to inform that 1.1 is now out. :)
Old 01-15-2020   #4
Claudiadoe

1.2 has been released!
Claudiadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020   #5
Scootie

Files have been updated, Wind Tunnels is now compressed into a pk3 file ready for download and thread updated into the Slipgate Cup, the title for the planned series of Quake based tracks.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Had to go back into the files to deal with animation errors that would crash the game upon loading the addon, files has been updated to v1.1.
Scootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #6
SeasideDoe
Rachel aka "SeasideDoe"

Hello! I hope you don't mind me offering critique, but I do have a big question concerning a design element of this map. The Quad Damage item in the shortcut pathway I feel is a bit too strong in giving the frontrunner a free invin-already since the cut is offered to the frontrunner this presents the actual route of the map being completely different from what the minimap and "intended" pathway would suggest, but this makes the cut completely centralizing in my opinion. Not only does this allow the frontrunner to increase distance despite the sneaker panel abundance due to Hard Speed, but it also allows them to ignore SPBs and smuggle the item out of the shortcut to gain an even more obscene lead. I would suggest nerfing the powerup to something still incredibly powerful by frontrunner standards, such as triple or tetra-orbinauts or a Hyuudoro. Tell me what you think of this idea!
SeasideDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
Scootie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasideDoe View Post
Hello! I hope you don't mind me offering critique, but I do have a big question concerning a design element of this map. The Quad Damage item in the shortcut pathway I feel is a bit too strong in giving the frontrunner a free invin-already since the cut is offered to the frontrunner this presents the actual route of the map being completely different from what the minimap and "intended" pathway would suggest, but this makes the cut completely centralizing in my opinion. Not only does this allow the frontrunner to increase distance despite the sneaker panel abundance due to Hard Speed, but it also allows them to ignore SPBs and smuggle the item out of the shortcut to gain an even more obscene lead. I would suggest nerfing the powerup to something still incredibly powerful by frontrunner standards, such as triple or tetra-orbinauts or a Hyuudoro. Tell me what you think of this idea!
Hey there Doe, not worry. I have taken some notes through multiple play sessions with the track in online sessions, a nerf will come in the near future for the alternate route on the track, the Quad Damage was supposedly to be only be picked up once during races, but I'll have to readjust the timer for it's respawn to be much longer than what it is now as well as hazards among the alternate route to be added as well with lesser speed pads. I at first before did think having the Quad give something else at the time, but a front running honestly would have no use for items like Orbis in that location since there would hardly be players to hit and that it'd also be far more worthless within a time trail to have an offensive/defensive weapon than one that's more of a support/defensive. The update will also include a hell map from one of the maps I did plan to scrap, but now I have a use for it, but can't release it yet since that map needs a visual overhaul as well.
Scootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #8
Lightsideluc

Perhaps, instead of 'nerfing' the respawn, make the shortcut or the invinc spawn in a delayed fashion, similar to shortcuts on some tracks? That way first can't collect it, but others behind them can.