SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Kart Releases & Mods > Kart Characters

CGA and VGA Man Details »»
CGA and VGA Man
Version: v1, by Twins'R'Awesome (Mid tier pixel artist) Twins'R'Awesome is offline
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Category: Version: SRB2 Kart Rating: (1 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 03-03-2019 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Characters Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

So, CGA Man originally started out as a semi-shitpost-y character that was submitted to C4 2019 and eventually released alongside everything else at C4.

His original goal was to be something different and new, but due to terrible stylistic and design-centric choices, he didn't score high on the C4 charts and was a generally annoying character as well.

I was planning an update to rectify these terrible choices sometime until SuperJustinBros did it for me, which got me so motivated, I decided to make an alternate version of CGA Man (Now called VGA Man) and package him alongside the currently updated CGA Man.

Now, without further ado...

CGA Man
Speed = 4
Weight = 5

A relic of the early DOS era, CGA Man is (probably) the first SRB2Kart character to feature a different style. One day, in a random obscure DOS game (or sum shit), he managed to hear about a Kart racing game that has room for characters; Excited, he hopped from floppy disk to floppy disk to make it to the game. Unfortunately, he could not breach his 1BPP limitations, so he reformatted himself to not only fit into the game, but to also change his color as well.

He has some very average stats that slighty lean into the acceleration side of things, making him ideal for beginners.

VGA Man
Speed = 5
Weight = 5

This is what happens if CGA Man manages to break his limitations and fit in to the SRB2 palette with F U L L C O L O R. Thanks to his breaking of said limitations, he seems a lot more confident and energetic now, despite the fact he may have lost his voice...

Exact same stats as Knuckles, well rounded, also ideal for beginners

Download Now

File Type: pk3 KC_CGAnVGA_v1.pk3 (288.5 KB, 133 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0047.png
Views:	161
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	17228   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0048.png
Views:	105
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	17229   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0120.gif
Views:	111
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	17230   Click image for larger version

Name:	kart0123.gif
Views:	87
Size:	6.87 MB
ID:	17231  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 03-03-2019   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases! Though, if the intention was for VGA Man to be silent, do note he currently uses Sonic's voice, as I assume those are just what the game loads by default. You'll need to make his voice play some silent sound instead.
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019   #3
GigaLem
DDR junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Welcome to releases! Though, if the intention was for VGA Man to be silent, do note he currently uses Sonic's voice, as I assume those are just what the game loads by default. You'll need to make his voice play some silent sound instead.
If I may make a suggestion, why not DOS related sounds for the voice clips?
That's if any do exist
GigaLem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019   #4
TheGuyThatDrawsThings
Left this community (2019).

or just make the game lag every time a PWM sample of CGA man saying "lets GO" is played