SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Characters

Dr. Pepper's Legacy Blaze V.3.0 Details »»
Dr. Pepper's Legacy Blaze V.3.0
Version: 3.0, by PrincessPeachfan2017 (Kasumi-chan) PrincessPeachfan2017 is offline
Developer Last Online: Aug 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 06-21-2020 Last Update: 07-27-2020 Favourites: 1
Characters

The old Blaze from 1.09.4 is back with a (slightly) fresh new coat of paint into 2.2! After checking for quite sometime that the download link for her was dead, I decided to port her, as she was one of my favorite characters from back then, (and I assume other people also liked her-) So here you go:

ABILITIY: Burst Hover

If you hold the jump button while jumping, Blaze will wrap herself in flames, and glide forward in a fast speed, use this to cross gaps, or build momentum!
It also has quite a wide hitbox of flames! Just watch out after a spindash, because Blaze can be a quite slippery character to control after that move. You can also move during the spindash/roll, so be careful on gaps!

Special Thanks:
Golden Shine - For giving a few extra details in the character select screen, and for making the hover/spindash more fun to use, with a little bit of Lua help.

MD3 (3D Model for Legacy Blaze)
- With the release of LonelyFoxZ's remixed model pack we've finally got a MD3 for Legacy Blaze, it's still a work-in-progress so make sure to keep up with the updates on that thread! https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48577

Version 2.0 Changelog:
Made the monitor/continue/sign sprites colorable.
Changed the color of the outline on the edges of the tail/neck and dress, and made it a bit brighter. Those areas shouldn't look as dark as before.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 3.0 Changelog:
Changed Blaze's supercolor to red, so that her icon won't be yellow anymore while playing as Burning Blaze.
Changed the green outline during the hover/spin frames to red, so that it won't look strange on other colors. This includes NiGHTS spin/transform frames.

Download Now

File Type: zip VCL_LegacyBlaze-v3.zip (89.0 KB, 256 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20019.gif
Views:	1045
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	33453   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20020.gif
Views:	1030
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	33454   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20010.png
Views:	1001
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	33461  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 07-06-2020   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #3
Zippy_Zolton
jet jaw sounds

yay you took my suggestion of using pink text for the character select screen
Old 07-06-2020   #4
little guy*

Nice, they made their way to MB. The new ability makes her the new best blaze to play.

Just playing 2.2!
little guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #5
pipexpro
pipexpro

No y fun luke blase, no es mas divertido luke blase

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Es mucho mejor luke blaze
pipexpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #6
Pyrakid Wolfo

Not gonna say its necesarry, but i'd like to see Blaze have a jump animation and only do the spinning top for her double jump or maybe spin.
Old 07-06-2020   #7
MRoach
íReremy

I'm feeling kinda nostalgic, not gonna lie. Gonna love the new skill set.
MRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #8
Daviroll_Limit
SEIBAAA!

I know this is a port, but the color of the vest being dark purple kinda buggers me
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My Twitter Account (fixed the link, plus the account is no more on hiatus)
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #9
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrakid Wolfo View Post
Not gonna say its necesarry, but i'd like to see Blaze have a jump animation and only do the spinning top for her double jump or maybe spin.
Sorry, I can't change that. Her rolling/spindash animation is the flame cyclone one, and she had that animation for jumping/transforming, etc.. So I'll keep it true to the original version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daviroll_Limit View Post
I know this is a port, but the color of the vest being dark purple kinda buggers me
The original had only Blaze's tip of her fur/tail/area around her neck and her vest be colored. So I decided to make her whole fur colorable so I had to make her vest darker, that was for more possible color costumizations.
''Oh hello young man. Taking a nice winter stroll through the woods? Think again degenerate. The only place you're strolling to is a Gamestop where I've heard reports of Sonic Rivals 2 on the PSP. If you fail me, there will be consequences.''
PrincessPeachfan2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020   #10
Daviroll_Limit
SEIBAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPeachfan2017 View Post
The original had only Blaze's tip of her fur/tail/area around her neck and her vest be colored. So I decided to make her whole fur colorable so I had to make her vest darker, that was for more possible color costumizations.
alright, get it
my discord name: 「デビッド~」|PC-98|#4594 (i know, very original)
My Twitter Account (fixed the link, plus the account is no more on hiatus)

Last edited by Daviroll_Limit; 07-06-2020 at 05:06 AM.
Daviroll_Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Default Version 2.0 is out!

Fixed some minor sprite details! Such as..

-Made the sign/monitor/continue icons colorable.
-The edge of Blaze's tail/neck and her dress shouldn't look as dark now. Made them a bit brighter.

Other than that, not much changes. Enjoy!
''Oh hello young man. Taking a nice winter stroll through the woods? Think again degenerate. The only place you're strolling to is a Gamestop where I've heard reports of Sonic Rivals 2 on the PSP. If you fail me, there will be consequences.''
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
PencilVoid
Circuit Enthusiast

Is she supposed to be able to move if you press the directional controls while charging a spindash on a slope?
Discord: PencilVoid#4223; Twitter: @pencilvoid / @pencilvoid_art; Pillowfort: PencilVoid
PSO2 ID: 14909977; Username: PencilVoid

May I interest you in the Church of Audie?
PencilVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
MADVAL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilVoid View Post
Is she supposed to be able to move if you press the directional controls while charging a spindash on a slope?
I Don't even know,i never played as her yet
MADVAL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilVoid View Post
Yes she is, that's what gives her momentum in the first place, I also did mention she was slippery with her spindash/roll moves. I'll update the description to say so.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Default Version 3.0 is out!

Did some small fixes to the pallete/S_SKIN.

- Fixed Blaze's supercolor so that it's red instead of gold, since it led to an incorrect display on her icon while as Burning Blaze.
- Fixed the green outlines around Blaze's hover/spin/transform/NiGHTS drill sprites to Red. It looks more realistic now, and more correct in comparison to having a blue outline around the fire, for example.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
pipexpro
pipexpro

esta muy bien echo el mod lo probe y esta muy bien echo pero le falta unas cuantas cosa que tiene blaze

ingles : The mod is very well done I tried it and it is very well done but it lacks a few things that have blaze
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
PrincessPeachfan2017
Kasumi-chan

Default Legacy Blaze got a MD3!

With the release of LonelyFoxZ's model pack, Legacy Blaze's finally got a model. It's still a work in progress but be sure to keep up with the model pack's updates too! https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=48577
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

So we got two different Blaze on the MB? That's a good thing.