Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
(After honestly too much time) I present to you...

Mirror Mode

This is a proof-of-concept of what a mirror mode could look like in srb2, inverting every level and messing with your memory them. To acompany the shader I added a lua script that inverts the controls to let you play with normal controls if you so desire

This wasn't tested with custom characters, but they should work without problems as long as they don't have abilities that force the camera to rotate

Known issues:
Skybox doesn't rotate in the right direction, fixable by typing "gr_skydome 0" (without the quotes) on the console
Analog controls don't get inverted
While wallclimbing the camera doesn't get inverted

Special thanks!
I want to thank these 3 people that helped me alot to make this
Zipper for helping alot with the lua, even sending some code.
Dabir for some tips on how to solve a few problems
Rapidgame7 for helping me getting started in all this

Changelog
Version 2:
-Fixed camera roatation on diagonal and horizontal springs
-Semi-Fixed the waterslide, still have a couple issues but it's much better now
Version 2.1:
-Removed print i used for debugging and forgot to comment

Attachments

• srb20000.jpg
    srb20000.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,374
  • MirrorShader_v1.pk3
    883 bytes · Views: 1,550
  • MirrorControls_v2.1.lua
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,139
Last edited:
this mod is definitely something worth playing, it makes you rethink the entirety of srb2's levels and gives you a whole new perspective on them, which i love. even if it's only once, please give this mod a try. though, be prepared, since it requires both OpenGL and shaders to be on, and if you have a weaker computer it won't exactly agree with that.

i do have one issue though, but it's more of a bug than anything. events ingame that turn your camera automatically, for example, entering water streams and using springs, turn it in a super uncomfortable angle, almost making those sections impossible to navigate manually. if it's not too much trouble for you, maybe you could do something to at least improve that?

events ingame that turn your camera automatically, for example, entering water streams and using springs, turn it in a super uncomfortable angle

yeah things like that can cause problems, my bad for that tho, i'll try to fix that, thanks for the feedback and for the report ;)

I really enjoyed going through all the levels again in campaign mode with this master mirror mode now we need just bring back that mod of 2.1 called hard mode and I really would have liked this was a secret unlockable in 2.2 I doubt it would appear in 2.3

Update time
this update fixes the camera rotating when hitting horizontal or diagonal springs, i wasn't able to completely fix the water slide problem, it should be aliviated, i'll keep trying to find a definitive solution

Feel free to give feedback, and I really hope you're having fun :D

This is like Encore Mode in srb2 kart but without changing colors. You did a great job!

Thanks!

now if only this had support for simple controls, this would be amazing

Well, if you are using a controller you can invert the axis, otherwise i can't really help because of the way the camera works, as far as i know there isn't a simple way to know if the rotation of the camera is cause by a button press of the player or if it's the automatic system adjusting it.
In theory i could create either create a custom camera system in lua or edit the source code to help me with what i want but that's way beyond the scope of this mod (i'm probably overcomplicating this).

While playing Mirror Mode and Mirrored Controls V2, I found this

LARGE LOG FILE
attachment.php

I need to play the old version of Mirrored Controls until someone fix it.

Attachments

• mirrormodelog.png
    mirrormodelog.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 3,365

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back