SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Software

SCCSCC – a custom skincolor creation tool Details »»
SCCSCC – a custom skincolor creation tool
Developer Last Online: Aug 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (1 votes - 3.40 average)
Released: 07-16-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 5
Additional Software

So in the time since 2.2.6 dropped, we got a browser tool which converts any gradient you can define into a ramp of PLAYPAL indices, and one which allows you to define a ramp visually, color-by-color.
I present a GUI which puts all the parameters in one place, lets you build a ramp out of as many sub-ramps as you could reasonably want, and spits out a fully-formed custom Lua or SOC definition (to file or to clipboard, your preference) when you're done.

Usage: (Instructions are also included in the program)
Spoiler:
Click and drag right on the palette to define the selected ramp.
! You can also click on the ramp's desired starting point, and then right-click its ending point.
! Alternatively, you can just use the spinboxes.

Output is saved to %CUSTOMSLOT%.%type%, e.g. WAYPASTCOOLCOLOR.lua, in the executable's folder.

If you need more information on how to use this, check out the Custom Skincolor Guide.

Features:
  • Every single parameter for custom skincolors is right here!
  • Easy-to-use (imo) click-and-drag interface for making any ramp your heart desires! (Even if it's the wrong length! Someone might want that for something who knows. It'll warn you if you try to create a ramp SRB2 can't use as a skincolor, though)
  • Preview your palette without even opening the game! (Click on the ramp preview to see it applied to each of SRB2's six playable characters. You can even see what your signpost will look like!)
  • Inverted ramps are fair game! Create the Photonegative Sonic you always dreamed of.
  • Automatically fixes the slotname to uppercase in the resulting definition, so go ahead and make a nice readable filename
  • Other stuff I'm probably forgetting to mention
  • Created in Godot because I don't know a real programming language

May update in the future if I'm made aware of any bugs I can fix, or if features / additions / tweaks are requested that sound doable. However –

Not planned:
  • Support for making custom supercolors. Sorry! You can probably still use it for that with some manual effort on your part, though. Read the first reply in the Skincolors Guide for what a supercolor definition is supposed to look like.
  • Use of custom invcolors or custom palettes. Not remotely worth the kind of effort it would take to implement.

Grab it! I'd be especially grateful if someone verified the Linux/X11 build works – export for that platform is included in Godot but I don't have a machine to test it myself.

Download Now

File Type: zip sccscc-win64.zip (14.50 MB, 251 views)
File Type: zip sccscc-linux-UNTESTED.zip (15.59 MB, 68 views)
File Type: zip sccscc-win32.zip (13.92 MB, 132 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-27_18-49-07.png
Views:	1087
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	35850  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Alright, this has been hanging around Submissions long enough. My only issue is that when it writes a file... I have no idea where it writes it to or what its called? But copying to the clipboard seems to work out just fine, so all the other features seem to check out. Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
shado
the name is twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
My only issue is that when it writes a file... I have no idea where it writes it to or what its called?
instructions in OP and in the program do state that it saves to the same folder you've put sccscc.exe, with the filename the same as the slot name you chose – does that not happen for you? i did test file saving on the latest build and it worked, so if it's not, that could be an issue with the permissions for that folder. maybe it'd be better to let the user choose, but i'm pretty sure the filetype dialog would have to be confined to the program window and i fear that might be a bit cramped
(about those included instructions.. a ? cursor shows up when you mouse over the title, though you wouldn't really have any reason to do so in the first place, so i'm actually probably gonna change that to "Usage Instructions" or something in the next build and just include the unabbreviated title in the release post.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Welcome to releases!
Thank you!

Last edited by shado; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:50 AM.
shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
KomaGamer65
Mongee!

An incredibly useful utility that is both powerful, and easy to grasp! Good for me since I have no Lua experience whatsoever. Now I don't need it to make skins, awesome! I was able to make a skin relatively quickly once I figured out how it worked, which didn't take long at all! Nothing much else to say but, good job!
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Lolour

I tried to open it, my video driver stopped working
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
shado
the name is twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolour View Post
I tried to open it, my video driver stopped working
what platform? does it happen consistently? you mean right on program run or when you select a layout?
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Lolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by shado View Post
what platform? does it happen consistently? you mean right on program run or when you select a layout?
I use windows 7. Yes. When the program runs.
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
ErickCiberBits

All I want is SCCSCC for Android because I have SRB2 v2.2.6 on Android
P.S: I have never seen this SRB2 tool
ErickCiberBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
shado
the name is twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolour View Post
I use windows 7. Yes. When the program runs.
i should probably have been more specific to get more information up front - particularly given that OS, i would make sure that you're running the right version for your system (x86 for 32-bit, x64 for 64-bit); one won't run on the other. though to be fair, a second glance had me realise the question of when the crash happens doesn't actually tell me as much as i thought given that i preload basically everything when it starts.... there could be a number of things i did wrong on my end (going to change that one though). i trust your video drivers are updated, but given that you've determined that's what's crashing it'd also be useful to know what your graphics card is for my information. even if you don't know the specific one, the brand (e.g. AMD / NVidia) is probably enough information for me. in the next build i'll have removed a bunch of leftover functions / objects that could be causing issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickCiberBits View Post
All I want is SCCSCC for Android because I have SRB2 v2.2.6 on Android
P.S: I have never seen this SRB2 tool
i have an android phone; it's not a huge priority for me at the moment since not many people use that platform but at some point in the hopefully near future i probably will see if i can get this working on android, since Godot has export for that platform as well. might need to make it an entirely separate branch, and i don't have mobile development experience yet, so that could take some time; it would definitely entail a lot more than ticking a checkbox
P.S: You have now

Last edited by shado; 1 Week Ago at 12:18 AM.
shado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
cho
Bara Extraordinaire

this is pretty dope, my only suggestions would be to increase the size of the window that lets you choose the layout and maybe a separate or attached windows that lets you see the colors as you are changing them rather than just clicking the ramp every time
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
tropluckyfr

This software makes creating color so easy and im happy about it because i was extremely confused about how to make colors.Now i can make some without any problem
Old 5 Days Ago   #12
ArleNadjaGUY
Speedy Purple Hedgehog.

My antivirus triggers and deletes the file.
Old 5 Days Ago   #13
SIG7
SIG7
Default Wow

It looks cool but how do I run the linux application, it doesnt show up in a ****.deb file and im using Chrome OS
(Mobile users: m.twitter.com/SIG7Pro)
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #14
shado
the name is twi

I've used Linux in the past but I haven't ever had a ChromeOS device so I can't really speak from experience, but assuming you have Linux actually set up on your machine, it seems you do need a 64-bit OS to run the executable included in the OP.
Old 1 Day Ago   #15
SIG7
SIG7

is there a certain console command i need to do?
(Mobile users: m.twitter.com/SIG7Pro)
SIG7 is offline   Reply With Quote