Suggestions

Going Super with 600 rings is a rather scary and satisfying experience, knowing they really CAN'T hurt you even if they manage to nail you with Automatic really badly.

Add to it the possibility of using an attraction or elemental shield. I said once sometimes going super + shield is annoying and unfair.

- No visual cue: If I see a "super-player" in the game, I can't see if he's using a shield or not unless by its effects (draining rings away from the map - bad for both teams- , leaving fire tracks); if so, too late for you.

- Consistency? I don't know if all shields work with super-players:
Super + attraction shield = drain rings: OKAY
Super + elemental shield = fire tracks: OKAY
Super + force shield = reflect hits: I never saw
Super + whirlwind shield = can mid-jump: impossible (but super-Tails can, by design)

- Reward x risk balanced? To go super you need: collect 7 emeralds + 50 rings + dodging to not be hit, and go super: it's a fair price to go super. To keep yourself super all you need is to collect few more rings and dodge hits that "take" your rings off: again a fair price. But if the player grabs an attraction shield (luck?), he's rewarded twice and other players will miss the rings.

- Shields effects should be turned off while the player is super: when the player is no longer super, the shields he is using will work normally.

My 2¢

Last edited:
You realize all it takes is one single hit to get rid of that shield on a super player, right? Just nail them with auto (which shouldn't be hard to do, considering how most people play while super) and they won't attract rings anymore.

Much better idea: Make a mod to do it. That way only the people who WANT to play such a thing have to, and the rest of us can play normally.

Yeah, I remember one day I saw a CTF server up, but as soon as I entered, everyone was on NRZ with a floor on the bottom instead of the pit with only one spring through a vertical hallway back to the level. It was impossible to fall anywhere. The other airborne platforms still remained unmoved. I couldn't decide was it OK or not....

In non-chasecam view, display a small doomface-esque window that displays your character's current sprite from front view. Allow the player to disable it if they feel it gets in the way.

Allow for A_JetgShoot to reload for the next shot for custom badniks that don't use Jetty-syn Gunner's nor popup turret's slots.

-Add more ice-themed music. So far, we only have Midnight Freeze's music...

-Some jungle themed flowers to go with the jungle texture set.

-Maybe a little texture variation would be nice for Greenflower? Maybe use the GFZROCK2 texture, or make some new ones, because there is just one rock texture used throughout the majority of the level. This applies to the outside parts of Techno Hill too.

-Meadow Match and Jade Valley use the exact same texture set now. Make one of them have a different texture set. (Or, if my above suggestion gets accepted, only make Jade Valley use the texture variations.)

Mystic said:
once the Recycler is nerfed

I don't know how that will be done or executed, but I say YES.

Also, I noticed there is one Match level to go with each single player level: (except Blue Mountain, Dark City, Grand Eggship and Eggrock)
Jade Valley - Greenflower
Noxious Factory - Techno Hill
Tidal Palace - Deep Sea (sort of)
Thunder Citadel - Castle Eggman
Desolate Twilight - Arid Canyon (again, sort of)
Infernal Cavern - Red Volcano
Sapphire Falls - Green Hill (but that's not an SRB2 level)
Meadow Match - Greenflower (again)
??? - Blue Mountain
??? - Dark City
??? - Grand Eggship
??? - Eggrock

I guess the missing links will be added later?

and have all the time in the world to own the rest of the game.

And if the match has a time limit?
And if you get to the point where you lose a bajillion rings per hit?
And if you get auto'd by about 5 people trying to gang up on you?

And yes, Ezer. It takes only 1 hit to remove a super's shield. Plus they get no knockback or temporary invincibility.

Yeah, I remember one day I saw a CTF server up, but as soon as I entered, everyone was on NRZ with a floor on the bottom instead of the pit with only one spring through a vertical hallway back to the level. It was impossible to fall anywhere. The other airborne platforms still remained unmoved. I couldn't decide was it OK or not....

I did that.

Does the player lose the shield while he *is* super?

犬夜叉;653817 said:
You realize all it takes is one single hit to get rid of that shield on a super player, right? Just nail them with auto (which shouldn't be hard to do, considering how most people play while super) and they won't attract rings anymore.
>_>;

(10char!)

A -no autosave option like on ultimate mode available for those who want to make it so that it does not save on levels that do not have more than 1 act.

- Find way(s) to implement this animation:
float.gif

- Assuming there's still room: frame slots for side and front-facing edge teetering sprites, and/or if possible, pushing frames (for gargoyles and other pushables) and boredom frame slots for the superanmis frames.

- Much greater small animal variety. Cameos by the Flickies from 3D Blast, at least, would be nice.

- The correct sound effect for the signpost, instead of the "pots and pans banging" Gens version :p Matter of fact, here you go. Kega rocks.

I imagine that it's already technically possible, but a switch that allows characters to stop / reverse water currents. There could be some fun to be done with that.

How about an animation for throwing a ring? Seriously! Now, it's like it comes out of your SKIN or something! It's really weird.

Hm... One thing that I want insanely badly is to be able to paraloop tighter in NiGHTS mode. I play with the PS2 controller and it's much easier, but looping is still way big. The small ring loops under the water are hard to get since they're so small. Because of this part, my Link breaks at about 105. The paraloop is so big it's hard to get the powerups also.
Um... But yeah~ That's it from me. Anything else for NiGHTS would make me happy. Spike rings, half rings...
Oh! A way to keep the enemies on the track. I still play Botanic Serenity and the badnicks screw me up in the second level and the boss is impossible.

Sorry to keep going back to sunset / sunrise suggestions, but I was walking through my university the other day and saw a glorious sunrise, somewhat like this:

sl_9.jpg

Gents, think about how incredibly awesome this would be in Blue Mountain Zone (despite somewhat conflicting with the zone's name). Plus, the warm color-scheme of the sky would aesthetically link BMZ with the very warm colored RVZ. Plus, as long as you're going to Dark City, it makes sense that the sun had to set beforehand. If this is color scheme isn't cool enough for BMT, then why not something like this:

snowy_sunset.JPG

Or hell, even this:

aurora1_wikipedia.jpg

That's all, gentlemen...

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 5, Members: 0, Guests: 5)

Back