Suggestions

And considering that SRB2TP will be using that music as well as SRB2 Christmas and the Christmas mode mod, you're going to be downloading the same music files 3 times and wasting more space than had the music not been removed.
You might consider that a lot of people won't download any of these mods at all. Additionally, it would make a lot of sense to just incorporate the christmas mod completely into SRB2TP.

EDIT: OK, actually it would not because SRB2TP doesn't feature SRB2's current levels. You could still offer the music file as a seperate download that every of your mods uses as a resource.

You might consider that a lot of people won't download any of these mods at all. Additionally, it would make a lot of sense to just incorporate the christmas mod completely into SRB2TP.

OK, actually it would not because SRB2TP doesn't feature SRB2's current levels. You could still offer the music file as a seperate download that every of your mods uses as a resource.

True, but before this year I haven't been using YouTube like I have. Before, without Youtube, the target audience was here, now it's here and on YouTube.

That of course may still mean that a lot of people won't download the mods.

Some sort of decorative sprites of insects, like flies, or dragonflies or Butterflies. They could fly around the level at random, of course in a height and radius range defined by whoever added them. Or maybe make them part of the roster of animals you save when you bop a badnik?

The "moving around the level" part can be done, but not ascending, or descending, but that would be cool.

As my post may of been deleted by accident, I am going to repost my suggestions.

There were 2 suggestions I put in. One was to make Icicle Falls bigger because IMO, the level was too small for CTF.

The chaos emerald spawning points in Nimbus Ruins need to be moved around a bit as at 1 spring, I found 3 chaos emeralds crowding around it, and if someone spots them, that could be a bit of a unfair advantage/disadvantage in certain ways I reckon.

Infinite lives in Time Attack mode. It never made sense to me why we only give 3 lives considering the starposts have been removed.

Or just 1 life, so that it doesn't record you failing.

Death abuse prevention, I'm guessing. I'm not sure what you could abuse by dying, though.
Abusing the RNG? Not that the RNG affects anything important in Single player...

But more importantly, if you screw up, you can try that section again without going all the way back to the beginning.

Dying and respawning reloads the map, which can cause a few quirks that are definitely exploitable. The most obvious is the Mega Man platforms all being visible on respawn.

Which ones? The only ones I know of are ERZ2's, and even knowing where they are doesn't exactly mean you'll make it... trust me....

A form of FOF and Polyobject that lets badniks through but not the player.

Give any solid FOF the EFFECT1 flag.

Or just make a custom FOF.

I'm not sure about polyobjects, but I think (don't quote me on this) they work similarly.

So a solid FOF with Effect flag 1 on will let badniks through, but not the player? good. I had an Idea that needed this. You might see it form later after some experiments. (Like with the RVZ entry method being replicated)

Thank you.

It'd be nice if the Rings mode found in SRB2CB would be implemented into the next version. I miss racing around the map grabbing as many rings as possible. Also, it'd be conveinent if the next version had a character WAD creator so people don't go mad because the wiki hasn't been updated to fit in 2.0 character creation.

New linedef: PolyObject - Continuously Moving PolyObject

Works like Linedef Type 52: Continuously Falling Sector, but it makes the PolyObject move from a start point to another, disappear and respawn at the start point, and continue the movement all over again.

How about making blank textures so that people can create custom textures without replacing the ones used in the official levels.

That doesn't make any sense. You can already add textures without overriding existing ones.

It's easier with XWE, due to the fact that SLumpEd doesn't have an image editor. Also, it'd be conveinent to have an overall editor modders can use to edit the graphics and such in the game, along with Level Headers. (Screw the level headers if you want, I want an easier to work with WAD editor.)

EDIT: Specifically the maps. Me and SRB2 Doom Builder DO NOT get along.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Back