Suggestions

Are you sure it not vista getting in your way?

By the way, how do you even get to XWE's paint like program?

Get a graphic and double click on it. Then you have a vast resource of colors, which is why I would rather use it. I'm not gonna be surprised if XWE doesn't work due to not being designed for vista in the slightest. I can put it in compatibility mode. Doesn't work. I might have to put it in compatibility mode for an older windows version, though. Possibly even older than XP!

1) Sector type/Linedef parameter - Earthquake effect

Player's camera starts to shake upon stepping into special sector. Linedef parameter can set the wave width and wave height of the effect. An earthquake noise is played by setting deaf flag on.

2) Solid FOF's sides able to damage

Currently, a player gets hurt only if he touches the top/bottom of a damaging solid FOF, but nothing happens if he touches its sides. I'd like all sides of a damaging solid FOF were able to damage the player as well.

I agree with FF. No starposts, you gotta restart the level if you die. Also, you should be able to make time attack/coop/race levels and add them to the game without having to restart. (That means you can have special records of really hard levels!)

Also, (I suggested this in the discussion topic, oops.) I think there should be an ingame mod editor. (That means, built-in MAINCFG editor (Plus OBJCTCFG), map editor, character editor, and graphics editor.)

Make the color pink use ALL the shades, and not just half of them.

xwekirby.png

Even though Kirby looks like this in the sprite...

srb20158.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BladeTHedgehog/SRB2-2-0/srb20158.png

His feet come out too light in-game.

SRB2MFE's colors should be added, too.

Last edited:
To become super, use the spindash button in the air instead of just thokking. What if I wanna thok, but I have over 50 rings and all the emeralds? =<

That is irritating. Also, special moves with super mode. (Identify as supermove in S_SKIN)

And then there's the problem that you fall ever so slightly between the time you super-transform and the time that the game allows you to thok again. Again, you don't fall much, but it's still a potential threat, especially in NAGZ.

To be honest, though, this problem might exist no matter how super forms are activated.

Last edited:
Yeah...

(If you haven't already noticed, Torgo changed my username. Thanks Torgo!)

EDIT: Fine, I'll make it non-spam.
It'd be nice if we could assign certain roles to players in netgames, thus meaning some players could be admins (allowed to kick), some players could be mods (For them, no such thing as backseat moderating on that netgame), and even TempBanned (No lives for you!). Tempbanned guys are instantly dead, for example. Moderators can tell Admins to kick or ban someone, etc.

Last edited:
To avoid going Super when you have all the emeralds, we implemented the same workaround as S3K. If you have a shield, you won't go Super. I suggest you keep your shield if you don't want to use overpowered modes with repetitive music =P

Another problem: the only way you can take off shields is by, well, getting hit by something that would normally damage you.

That's not a problem, it's balancing. It adds an element of "oh crap don't shoot this player or let him get a shield that he can remove with elemental damage"

Well, more to the point, once the Recycler is nerfed a bit it's actually to your benefit not to go Super, and instead gain as many rings as possible so that you can go Super for the maximum duration. If you have a shield you can accumulate rings at your leisure until you get hit, and have all the time in the world to own the rest of the game.

Going Super with 600 rings is a rather scary and satisfying experience, knowing they really CAN'T hurt you even if they manage to nail you with Automatic really badly.

You got a point there, but being totally invincible as SS is better than being able to take 3 (or 4, if you have the force shield) hits and then probably die.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back