SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Anglestand 1.5.1 - AngleAbility Details »»
Anglestand 1.5.1 - AngleAbility
Developer Last Online: Oct 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 08-25-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content

This addon is an update to Krabs' anglestand script found here.

Now, characters can play their idle and edge animations when facing any angle relative to the camera, and vanilla characters no longer autoturn to face the camera when performing abilities in place.

Console Commands
Spoiler:
- angle_strafe - toggles wether autoturn canceling applies to strafe mode users. Only usable by admins in online play.

- angle_fall - toggles compatibility with FallingAnimations.lua. Only usable by admins in online play.

- angle_autosave - toggles whether Anglestand should automatically save whenever you change its settings. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_save - saves current Anglestand settings to a file. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_load - loads Anglestand settings from a file. Singleplayer use only.

- angle_settings - Prints the current Anglestand settings to the console.

Changelog
Spoiler:

v1.5.1
- Moving while on a rollout rock now properly cancels the idle animation
- When the Anglestand settings are loaded in, they all print to the console now.

v1.5 - Bugfixes, improved addon compatability, prevent abilities from causing autoturning, re-implements support for strafe mode, adds console commands for minor customization.
Spoiler:

Bugfixes:

- IdleDelay reduced to three seconds from five seconds, to match the vanilla delay before the idle animation begins.
- Tails' tails now snap to him properly upon exiting objectplace mode.
- Tails' tails now snap to him properly when he teleports.
- Tails' tails no longer disappear when in strafe mode with strafe mode Anglestand enabled.

Autoturn removal added to the following states:

- S_PLAY_FLY, S_PLAY_SWIM, S_PLAY_FLY_TIRED

- S_PLAY_TWINSPIN

- S_PLAY_BOUNCE, S_PLAY_BOUNCE_LANDING

- S_PLAY_FLOAT

-S_PLAY_SPRING, S_PLAY_FALL

Compatibility Improvements:
- SMS Reborn's HMS is no longer forced into an idle animation.
- Anglestand no longer breaks Silver's idle animation.
- Anglestand no longer breaks Dirk's idle animation.
- Bunnie Rabbot's flight no longer autoturns.
- Adds compatibility fix for FallingAnimations.lua, but it must be manually activated through the console.

New Console Commands:
- angle_strafe - toggles wether autoturn canceling applies to strafe mode users. Only usable by admins in online play.
- angle_fall - toggles compatibility with FallingAnimations.lua. Only usable by admins in online play.
- angle_autosave - toggles whether Anglestand should automatically save whenever you change its settings. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_save - saves current Anglestand settings to a file. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_load - loads Anglestand settings from a file. Singleplayer use only.
- angle_settings - Prints the current Anglestand settings to the console.

v1.4 - Fixes known issues, disables script from affecting players in strafe mode.

Spoiler:

- Tails' tails no longer disappear when he enters his idle animation.
- This script no longer affects players in strafe mode, this resolves the issue with Tails' tails appearing at wrong angles when in strafe mode. If you would like to be able to use this script in strafe mode, let me know and I'll come up with another solution.

- Enables autoturning when in minecarts.
- No longer begins players' idle animation when they are super.

v1.3
- Extends autoturn prevention to edge animations.
- Tweaks idle speed for increased accuracy to the vanilla idle animation.

v1.2 - Minor optimizations to my edits.

v1.1 - Enables idle animations when facing directions other than away from the camera.

Known Issues
None, as of October 14, 2020.

Download Now

File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.1.lua (1.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.2.lua (1.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.3.lua (1.6 KB, 360 views)
File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.4.lua (3.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.5.lua (13.7 KB, 177 views)
File Type: lua VL_anglestand-v1.5.1.lua (14.2 KB, 146 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20016.gif
Views:	3690
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	37790  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #22
Stonecutter

Version 1.5 is out.

It fixes the issues with Tails' tail angles, as well as the issue where they wouldn't snap back to him immediately in certain circumstances.

I reduced the time it takes to begin the idle animation. Turns out I was originally off by two seconds. Sorry about that.

I added compatibility between the angleidle feature and SMS Reborn, Silver, and Dirk.

I brought back strafe mode support now that the issues with Tails' tails have been resolved. There is also now a console command for toggling whether or not strafe mode players are affected by this script.

I also extended Anglestand to apply to nojumpspin characters' jump descents and the vanilla air abilities that can be used in place.

Lastly, I added a compatibility option for when you're playing with the FallingAnimations script, but it needs to be manually activated via the console.

All console settings can be saved to a file and can autoload when you spawn in for the first time in singleplayer.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

A funny thing happened while I was implementing the HMS compatability. When I got him to quit using SMS's wait frames, but before I finished resolving the compatibility issues between these two mods, I began a playtest session as SMS and transformed into HMS. When I stood in place for three seconds, HMS's sprite switched to his HMSOA0 frame. It looked like the poor dude sat down in a fetal position and just broke down crying! I have absolutely no idea why he switched off of his stand animation when he did, nor why he would choose that sprite of all things. My guess is he really hates to stand still!

Don't worry though. He worked out his issues and he's doing fine now.

Last edited by Stonecutter; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:09 AM.
Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #23
BravenwolfTFS
Braven

Thanks for fixing it!
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #24
Icarus
Warrior from Algol
Permanently Banned

We came from 3 to 13 KBs with this update, this will be good.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #25
BravenwolfTFS
Braven

Found a new bug, if you're on a rollout rock and you manage to stay totally still on it, you'll enter the idle animation, but when you start moving, you won't exit the idle animation.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #26
Stonecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravenwolfTFS View Post
Found a new bug, if you're on a rollout rock and you manage to stay totally still on it, you'll enter the idle animation, but when you start moving, you won't exit the idle animation.

Thank you for the bug report. I've updated the known issues section of this page and will resolve the bug when I get the chance.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #27
Stonecutter

Updated to 1.5.1.

I've resolved the issues with the rollout rocks. I also made a minor tweak to the console messages that print when the settings file is loaded.
Old 1 Week Ago   #28
carlrev
The living revolution

The mod title on the page needs the latest number.
Old 1 Week Ago   #29
BravenwolfTFS
Braven

Thanks for fixing the rocks!
Old 1 Week Ago   #30
Extem the Hedgeho

What is FallingAnimations.lua?
Extem the Hedgeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #31
Stonecutter

It's a script someone wrote that forces characters into their spring animation or falling animation when they leave the ground without jumping, rolling, getting hit, or anything else like that, depending on whether the characters were moving up or down relative to the up direction for their sprites. I can't remember who wrote it though, and whoever wrote it later said that it was bad and seems to have taken it down. I still usually play with it though. I haven't encountered any significant problems with the script (characters do detach from the ground when cresting slopes with enough speed, but I don't mind), and I don't see anything problematic from looking at the code itself.

Last edited by Stonecutter; 1 Week Ago at 06:29 PM.