Character Randomizer

[Open Assets] Character Randomizer v3.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Is there any way to obscure the timer? Or even randomize that in and of itself? I think it not existing would actually had a bit of fun to the mod.

On a semi unrelated note, a fun way to tinker with this may be to make the random character loop Modern/Neo Sonic and the Werehog. Kinda like a Sonic Unleashed mode but actually fun.

------

Might be a dumb question, but what ARE the names of each character skin???

I tried to remove Sonic, for example, and typed in "cr_skin remove <sonic>" and it did nothing.

I may add hiding the timer in a future update. You shouldn't put the "<>" in "cr_skin remove" and "cr_skin add" commands, just write "cr_skin remove sonic" to remove Sonic from the list.

Record attack in this mod now seems to just be regular old record attack. I think it would be cool if this mod gave record attack a "random" option, to play as a character that randomly changes every 30 seconds.

Might be a dumb question, but what ARE the names of each character skin???

I tried to remove Sonic, for example, and typed in "cr_skin remove <sonic>" and it did nothing.

The skin is called sonic, but you need to remove the <> around the name.
Instead of "cr_skin remove <sonic>", it's "cr_skin remove sonic".

the sa2 command does not seem to work for players other than the host... they are still able to change characters freely

Version 3 of Character Randomizer has been released!

Go to the changelog for more information about the update.

if you use this mod by itself without any addon characters and or the SRB2 randomizer mod then I will be disappointed in you, jokes aside this is a really great mod and it's one of my favorite mods on the SRB2 MB but my only problem with this mod is the fact that not enough people know about it so yeah just get it now

Some custom characters have special actions with special animations. When switching from these characters (especially if they're doing a special animation), the next character's sprite will be stuck in the "spring up" position. Strangely, they still play normally anyway.

Especially see Draykon's Nasya and SuperPhanto's Xtreme Sonic.

The mod seems to crash when I'm using mods that change the title screen that are not maps (Hexhog, Windows)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-02 14.02.27.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-02 14.02.27.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
This mod doesn't seem to do anything when activated.
It doesn't change character no matter the time, the commands don't seem to do anything, can you help me?
Post automatically merged:

Fixed it! I just had to reset, and everything worked.

Also, I love how it also changes tails in sonic & tails duo! Love this mod!!!

Last edited:
How would I edit the script to have this randomize only my partner? I'm new to Doom editing but if you can point me to the lines to edit I would be able to do it from there.

I think this would be awesome if this worked with BuddyEx. Otherwise, awesome mod! (Like, more than just 2 characters changing at a time would be epic)

Last edited:
I think this would be awesome if this worked with BuddyEx. Otherwise, awesome mod! (Like, more than just 2 characters changing at a time would be epic)
Unfortunately BuddyEx doesn't spawn real bots, but objects simulating players which are incompatible with this mod.
In version 2.2.10 spawning real bots will be finally possible in Lua scripts, so you'll probably be able to have more than 2 characters at a time soon.

Character Randomizer

This mod randomizes characters during gameplay. The script puts all currently loaded characters into a skin table and then picks a random skin from it for every player. The skins will stay only for a limited time, after which a new one is chosen.

Commands
cr_enable <0/1> - enable or disable this mod. (default: 1)
cr_time <1-3600> - set the time between skin changes in seconds. (default: 30)*
cr_skin list - print all currently loaded skins.
cr_skin add <skin name> - add a skin to the skin table.
cr_skin remove <skin name> - remove a skin from the skin table.
cr_skin reload - add all available characters to the skin table.
cr_ultimate <0/1> - enable or disable the ultimate skin randomization. (default: 0)* EPILEPSY WARNING
cr_timeoffset <0-900> - change the maximum difference between the time defined in cr_time command and skin time a player will get in seconds. (default: 0 - disabled)*
cr_shownextskin <0/1> - show the next skin you will get (default: 0 - off)*
cr_showtimer <0/1> - enable or disable the skin time clock (default: 1)*
cr_sa2random <0/1> - enable or disable skin changing only after map change. (default: 0)

* this command won't do anything when cr_sa2random is enabled.

Changelog
Version 3
-Added cr_shownextskin command (request by Magnemania)
-Added cr_showtimer command (request by Solid SOAP)
-Fixed cr_sa2random not working properly with newly joined non-host players (glitch found by Apollyon Woman)

Version 2
-Added cr_sa2random command (request by Icarus)
-Added cr_timeoffset command
-Fixed record attack glitches (glitches found by cookiefonster)
-Fixed splitscreen timer HUD bug (glitch found by Eis-Kold)
-Disabled in-game demos using MainCfg

Version 1
-Initial release

Credits
- GreffMASTER - beta testing
- people from #srb2-memery - some important ideas
- Icarus - cr_sa2random command idea
- Magnemania - cr_shownextskin command idea
- Solid SOAP - cr_showtimer command idea
- cookiefonster, Apollyon Woman and Eis-Kold - finding bugs in this mod
Have fun!
This mod really doesn't like adventure sonic, other than that it's pretty good

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back