xItemLib (+ Sampler pack)

xItemLib (+ Sampler pack) 1.1.2r5

minenice

haha squid go nyrrrmmm
minenice submitted a new resource:

xItemLib (+ Sampler pack) - Modular custom item library

View attachment 49538
The modular custom item library​

xItemLib is a packageable library, allowing for easier creation of custom kart items.
A functional custom item can be made in minutes, thanks to the easy to understand "event" system.
The library takes care of all complex logic related to item distribution, so the creator only has to worry about making the item itself.

Documentation

The...

Read more about this resource...

Welp, everyone's worst shelled nightmare's here, along with some other items, like the Bob-Omb Cannon except mines are the bob-ombs of the game.

Last edited:
it seems like there are multiple sync issues with this sample pack when i was running this on a private server with bots to test it out. i'm not sure why is that the case, and im also not the only one who is having a problem with this as well online.

Last edited:
Really cool. Works great, and is a great addition for others to make more content for the game.

Last edited:
Open letter to everyone scrolling by: I don't think you should leave negative feedback on addons because they're not compatible with other addons. Interop is not a simple or easy task, it usually needs the cooperation of both authors, and one or both authors may not even be interested in adding it at all.

(For instance, Juicebox is designed under a very specific set of circumstances, and I have no personal interest in making any changes for compatibility with xItemLib unless it's a literal drop-in script I can immediately forget about and which is guaranteed to have no side effects. Given how invasive Juicebox and xItemLib are, this is unlikely, and my refusal to open that can of worms is not minenice's fault.)

Judge stuff on its own merits, not by whether you can jam it into your epileptic amalgam of conflicting design philosophies. That's not fair to anyone.

You responded to a respectable and thoughtful take with a sarcastic and useless comment. If you have a disagreement to voice, you do it, bitching doesn't suffice. Same with editing your previous post to do the same.
Open letter to everyone scrolling by: I don't think you should leave negative feedback on addons because they're not compatible with other addons. Interop is not a simple or easy task, it usually needs the cooperation of both authors, and one or both authors may not even be interested in adding it at all.

(For instance, Juicebox is designed under a very specific set of circumstances, and I have no personal interest in making any changes for compatibility with xItemLib unless it's a literal drop-in script I can immediately forget about and which is guaranteed to have no side effects. Given how invasive Juicebox and xItemLib are, this is unlikely, and my refusal to open that can of worms is not minenice's fault.)

Judge stuff on its own merits, not by whether you can jam it into your epileptic amalgam of conflicting design philosophies. That's not fair to anyone.
Yep your right. This is a great mod on its own, and im glad that modders are letting others get the hang of adding on content on there own. Its ok if it doesnt work with other mods, as thats not the point. Its on special times when people make work together. Either way this mod is fantastic. Even if the blue shell is super scary lol

Last edited:

I'll make sure keep this in mind next time. Though i'll be honest on this, this sort of thing wasn't my intention on this . All i wanted was to address the issue regarding the sync problems when i was it testing out in order to see what sort of problem the Pingas server owner, who wanted add the sample pack in his server, was experiencing (who's server is only maps and character based addons only no game play changing addons like the old bots or juice), so that way i can relay the issues towards Minenice.
Perhaps i should've did the issue checking with the owner of the server himself (and talk more to him about infact) or use the 2 screen localhost method to see what was the next time, as well as adding the actual details on what was happening with the owner. (man that was surprisingly long and i was really hesitant on posting this for some reason....)

This goes out to everyone that read my replies in this discussion, in the past, now, and future. I completely understand that my responses for this mod, and to the respectful gentleman of the Juice mod, and the creator, were unacceptable, and it is my greatest apologies to everyone. I, of being a developer myself, at Eastern Kentucky University, should have completely understood and considered the boundaries of making a mod. And I am aware that my responses were aggressive and inappropriate. I was having a bad day, and corrected myself when I reread back over my hatefulness. To the person that made this mod, minenice, and to Tyron and the moderators, Thank You. For not only this wonderful mod, but for your correction on my behavior. Keep doing what you all do. The updates this this mod have been awesome! Big thumbs up to all of you.

minenice updated xItemLib (+ Sampler pack) with a new update entry:

Enter Eggman Microphone and Pot of Greed

Changes:
  • Added a graphical distribution debugger, can be enabled with xitemdebugdistributions.
  • Fixed the XIF_UNIQUE flag not working
  • Implemented kart-next's 0th place bug fix

Sampler Pack:
  • Added Pot of Greed. Use to draw two Exodia Pieces. Collect 5 to summon Exodia the Forbidden One
  • Added the Eggman Microphone. Use to play back a famous quip, and spin out all opponents ahead of you holding an item!

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is some seriously impressive stuff, I'm surprised nobody has released any projects utilizing this yet! Excited for when they do, always felt like this game needed some more items.

I seem to have a little problem. How can i disable certain xitemlib items because they do not appear in the Item toggle menu in the Gameplay settings.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back