Windows the Computer

Windows the Computer KB2934207 (1.71)

Don't forget that Windows can bring shields over from previous levels, so if you finish a level with the Attraction Shield, it'll carry over into the Special Stage. I have personally tested it on all of them, 1st and 3rd have the layout that could be fully cleared out.
Oh, I noticed the shields carrying over, but I didn't imagine the Attraction Shield would influence spheres. Thanks for the reply, by the way!

TheOneGoofAli updated Windows... the Computer? with a new update entry:

Convenience Rollup Update / 1.41

I've been meaning to include some stuff originally with 1.4, however, I had no idea to implement those at the time. Now, however... I present to you an additional gameplay update.
  • Because SRB2 has such situations where a player is thrown over a large pit and since Windows was slower by default, players would need to grab Invincibility or Speed Shoes to have a better chance to clear the gap. This is now no longer required...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

TheOneGoofAli updated Windows... the Computer? with a new update entry:

Convenience Rollup Update / 1.41

The update had gone live straight out of the box, which caught me off-guard and I removed the post thinking it was a bug. Reposting it now.​
I've been meaning to include some stuff originally with 1.4, however, I had no idea to implement those at the time. Now, however... I present to you an additional gameplay update.
  • Because SRB2 has such situations where a player is thrown...​

The effects of directx boost occasionally stick and break weirdly

srb20064.gif

Seems to be caused by going super while directx boost is active, losing super while directx boost is active, and changing character or a mix of all three

Attachments

• srb20065.gif
    srb20065.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
  • srb20065.gif
    srb20065.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
The effects of directx boost occasionally stick and break weirdly

View attachment 62920
Seems to be caused by going super while directx boost is active, losing super while directx boost is active, and changing character or a mix of all three
It does tend to behave weirdly in netgames, that much I know. However, the timer for the DX Boost is seperate from the Super transformation, so while it is not related to that, the "visual" aspect seems to not cooperate well. Again, I couldn't test this in a variety of netgames as this literally is held on by tape, in a way, since I learned the Lua to make it work at least, but optimizing and stabilizing for netgame use... I do not have enough experience or knowledge to pull that off well. :dramahog:

Besides... there's bound to be weird stuff from a character that was meant to be a shitpost, but ending up becoming a high-effort one. Or a shitpost-turned-feature. :worry:

Also quite honored that someone took it into the netgame territory regardless.

Last edited:
It does tend to behave weirdly in netgames, that much I know. However, the timer for the DX Boost is seperate from the Super transformation, so while it is not related to that, the "visual" aspect seems to not cooperate well. Again, I couldn't test this in a variety of netgames as this literally is held on by tape, in a way, since I learned the Lua to make it work at least, but optimizing and stabilizing for netgame use... I do not have enough experience or knowledge to pull that off well. :dramahog:

Besides... there's bound to be weird stuff from a character that was meant to be a shitpost, but ending up becoming a high-effort one. Or a shitpost-turned-feature. :worry:

Also quite honored that someone took it into the netgame territory regardless.
Could I try to give it a shot? I happen to be very fond of the character

TheOneGoofAli updated Windows the Computer with a new update entry:

DirectPlay Update / 1.5 - Public Beta

Holy moly, it's been a while. To be honest, I haven't been particularly well whilst developing this and, as the world events develop, I might as well release what I have done so far out here not just for allowing a public preview of 1.5, but to also have a public beta testing period and, in case things go bad on my end... well, at least there's gonna be a latest build that I could manage to handle out there.

There's a lot of stuff here... so--
  • This update requires SRB2...

MRCE has it's own physics that mess with Windows's own. Use this script to allievate that.

Attachments

• winmrce.lua
    334 bytes · Views: 109
how do i use þe hyper forms
Have CrossMomentum 1.3.x loaded and, with 1.5 Public Beta, have ~160 rings to become Super first with Custom3 & Jump, then use the same button combo to detransform (you will lose 5 rings from detransforming). After a second, repeat the transformation and you should become Hyper. Alternatively, try xpsuper legacy and then transform with 150+ rings.

Belated reply, but, well, tada.wav is used already for one of the victory sounds. However, since I am pulling from not just Windows itself, but from the games from around the era too, I did find one that works as an alternative. Things are wrapping up on my end... I'm just primarily having fun on my own.
View attachment 57336
holy crap you got da pandora box????
Post automatically merged:

ok so i was hosting a custom server (just to get the rainbow color lol) and i got to gfz3 and when i beat the boss the game crashed
how fix

Last edited:
holy crap you got da pandora box????
Post automatically merged:

ok so i was hosting a custom server (just to get the rainbow color lol) and i got to gfz3 and when i beat the boss the game crashed
how fix
Can't really help much there - crashes sometimes just show up.

DirectPlay Update / 1.5a - Public Beta 2

Feeling more like I should eventually rewrite from scratch, but I don't know when and if I'll actually pull it off.
  • This minor update brings forth a rework of the jumping to prevent accidental transformations when using DirectX Boost by taking away the PF_JUMPED flag.
    • As it is a hacky solution(!), there may be unplanned bugs that may occur because of it.
      • Not being able to control the height of the jump is a result, not a bug.
    • This does...

System Restore / 1.5b

The wacky custom jumping code had bothered me... so it was one of the things I rolled back. Oh, and I tweaked a bunch of things too while I was at it.
  • Jump code is now how it used to be - while, yes, you still may accidentally transform when trying to dash downwards with DirectX Boost... I guess it's a deterrent to getting all the emeralds so quickly?
    • Eh, better than mangling jumping state and ability to go super constantly.
  • A bunch of music had been either...

Post-Birthday Patch / 1.5c

Major oversight fixed with automatic braking being toggled off - that broke the check for grabbable chains.
  • Aforementioned check replaced by a check on the conditions that the chains set the player up with.
    • Use windbg to see when the top speed increase triggers.
  • Detransformation after using Sol Emeralds no longer spits to console without having windbg enabled.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back