Why does most everybody here hate halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't anything wrong with the Halo series, except the fact that Halo was a big disappointment. Halo 1 had the most entertaining storyline. Halo 2 had the best multiplayer ability. And Halo 3 has good graphics and lots of new perks but that still didn't make the game any fun. Some of the perks were just plain useless like the reload button being switched to RB. That was just useless. The equipment things were fun for like a minute. The new levels just plain sucked. I might actually play Halo 3 online again if they would just put all the old levels back. But I would say that each one has its ups and downs. But I would say that all of them except for the first one would get boring without multiplayer. I am a fan of Halo but I will give a non-opinionated answer. Halo is probably worth a 9/10. There are better games out there such as CoD4, or Gears of War. There are probably more but I just haven't played them yet.

P.S. If there is anyone thinking about getting Halo 3. Get Halo 1 or 2 first. Trust me, they will keep you playing much longer.

Wait, so now a perfect score is 15/10? You make no sense. You say all these bad things and then give a 9/10? A 9/10 is a very good score. By your description it'd be more like a 7 or 8.

Halo 3 was actually a somewhat of a disappointment to me, due to its extremely short campaign mode this time around. I always loved the campaign mode. Also, apparently some of you found my last post in this topic offensive or cruel. I did intend it as a joke, but if you were insulted somehow, I apologize. Now, go be happy and get some coffee.

Halo is not revolutionary or innovative. It's not doing anything too out there, and we all know that multiplayer FPSes are good.

It is, however, a good idea done well. I like it for the same reason I like Skies of Arcadia-it's a familiar concept executed near-flawlessly.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Halo is not revolutionary or innovative.

That's where you're wrong, the first halo game practically revolutionized first person shooters because it's easy to pick up and get into the game. There may have been other games better at the time, but halo was the first to become famous. Personally, I would prefer Gears of War if the campaign wasn't so short.

Ice said:
Sonicandtails218 said:
Halo is not revolutionary or innovative.

That's where you're wrong, the first halo game practically revolutionized first person shooters because it's easy to pick up and get into the game. There may have been other games better at the time, but halo was the first to become famous. Personally, I would prefer Gears of War if the campaign wasn't so short.
Hmm, let's count games easier to pick up and get into the game!Doom 1, doom 2, doom 3, quake 1, quake 2, quake 3, quake 4, tremulous, James bond goldeneye, James bond nightfire, etc.

Ice said:

Revolutionary = innovative; outside or beyond established procedure.

Popularity has nothing to do with being revolutionary, especially when the "pick up and go" claim you made is something most FPS's have done, making it nothing new.

Halo really wasn't revolutionary, and I'll admit, it was pretty much the same or a mix of different FPSes. Reminded me of Timesplitters 2 and 007 Goldeneye, except in Goldeneye you could peek around corners. The only thing that was new to me in Halo was an energy shield and grenades that you don't have to equip first.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Halo is a good game, most people here are just nerds and geeks. (No specific names being used so don't whine.)
.....No Comment.
If I did it would be the ultimate burn.

Mystic said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3

Perfect explanation, and funny as hell even for people who like Halo. (Small amount of cursing, etc)

I almost choked hearing that, I was laughing so hard! Win. Just win.

Arrow said:
Ice said:

Revolutionary = innovative; outside or beyond established procedure.

Popularity has nothing to do with being revolutionary, especially when the "pick up and go" claim you made is something most FPS's have done, making it nothing new.

Well yea, thats true. But Halo Nerds and people good at playing can do things never imagined. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6MI8FAp76k

This might be a mod or something, but still...

OMG i nevar imaginated tht somwhon culd do tht!!!!!!!! it be amezigng!!!!!!! we al bee nerrrrds eef wi dont like helo Lolollololol

To the point. The only people who like Halo are nerds, not the other way around. Cory, you are deeply confused.

Orangelink said:
To the point. The only people who like Halo are nerds, not the other way around. Cory, you are deeply confused.

You just mindlessly judged and labeled millions of people who may not be nerds. Of course you're probably joking...

He is not. Halo is overrated. Halo is a bandwagon because it's popular, and people just want it for that reason. Because it is popular. Don't assume people are joking when it is the truth.

Ice said:
Orangelink said:

You just mindlessly judged and labeled millions of people who may not be nerds. Of course you're probably joking...

May I draw your attention to this, good sir?
Cory the Hedgehog said:
Halo is a good game, most people here are just nerds and geeks. (No specific names being used so don't whine.)
This was an idiotic post, which more accurately describes the halo fanbase, than anywhere else. and no, I'm not joking, as it's true. Most every Halo addict is a nerd, and almost everyone who plays Halo is an addict. And, it is mindlessly overrated.
Sumakima said:
He is not. Halo is overrated. Halo is a bandwagon because it's popular, and people just want it for that reason. Because it is popular. Don't assume people are joking when it is the truth.

Sumakima's post quoted for great justice.

All Halo is is just another attempt of Bill Gates trying to suck your money out of your pockets, and is simply a clone of most other FPS games.

Orangelink said:
All Halo is is just another attempt of Bill Gates trying to both brainwash you and suck your money out at the same time. Kind of like Windows... And, like windows, it's working.
...Cory's post was stupid? Frankly, I don't feel brainwashed OR broke for using a Windows XP. Please explain to me what you mean, or else I question your credibility.

Orange link, how old are you, 8? Ever heard your friends at the Jr high school talking about it? Hm... Seems like you are being both ignorant, a fool, and you just lowered everyones opinion of yourself. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back