Why does most everybody here hate halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
Yet another thing common to halo-haters. One word: OVERRATED.
Almost guaranteed answer of when you ask someone why they hate halo, " 'cause its overrated."

THERE'S A REASON WHY ITS OVERRATED, AND THERES TONS OF MONEY TO BACK IT
Yes, that reason would be getting a goddamned ferris wheel to advertise for the game.

Ice said:
PC has horrible graphics and framerate compared to the XBOX.

No, you have it wrong. First, it's because Intel's integrated graphics chips somehow manage to make it into billions of budget-model PCs when they're horribly slow and don't even display graphics properly. ATI and nVidia are far better as they actually know how to make graphics chips, and the fact that these chips are dedicated (on a card rather than the motherboard) means they run that much faster.

Secondly, Bungie is terrible at PC ports. Why else does Halo 2 PC require 1GB of RAM to run, much less require Vista? I can think of many first-person shooters that only require 256MB to 512MB to run, work on Windows 2000/XP (perhaps earlier) and still manage to look better than Halo 2's PC version. Just face it: Bungie can't work with PCs to save their lives.

Kaysakado said:
Yes, that reason would be getting a goddamned ferris wheel to advertise for the game.

Man, you just took the words right out of my mouth! I was about to make mention of that. It's truly sad how much a company can advertise and be able to brainwash people. Maybe if people could look at other games, then they wouldn't jump on the bandwagon, but man, I'd be damned if that ever happened.

Halo isn't a bad game, but it sucks horribly when compared to Half Life 2's single player, or compared to Counter Strike or Team Fortress' mulitplayer gameplay.

So, yeah. Halo isn't bad, but as Mystic said, it is nowhere near as good as a lot of people make it out to be.

In my opinion halo isn't bad but i generaly don't like 1st person shooter unless they add some stratagy other than running around everywhere shooting.

FoxBlitzz said:
Ice said:
PC has horrible graphics and framerate compared to the XBOX.

Secondly, Bungie is terrible at PC ports. Why else does Halo 2 PC require 1GB of RAM to run, much less require Vista? I can think of many first-person shooters that only require 256MB to 512MB to run, work on Windows 2000/XP (perhaps earlier) and still manage to look better than Halo 2's PC version. Just face it: Bungie can't work with PCs to save their lives.

Bungie didn't port Halo 2 to the PC, and as far as I can tell, they didn't even have any input on the port. Some temporary team inside Microsoft named "Hired Gun" ported the game. I don't know how they made one of the "biggest" games on the XBox an absolutely terrible port, though. Perhaps a little effort would have been nice, because I was looking forward to playing Halo 2. They just ruined it with poor framerates (Lowest settings, 800x600... 40FPS at best? That's weak), unresponsive controls (At least, when you're running the 8800GT), a permanent "mouse smoothing" which cannot be disabled (I personally DESPISE it, as it means having to wait for my mouse to accelerate), autoaim on the 360 controller (This is a PC game, man! If they want autoaim, just get it for the console that you already have! Assuming they only have a 360 controller because they have a 360), and poor graphics (Yeah, it's a game from 2004, understandable, but I would've thought they'd at least make an effort to make it look acceptable by 2007-standards).

Oh, and don't forget the Vista-only. Probably the worst move they made.

Mystic officially wins the topic just for that link. Hilarious.

Also, those who can't take a joke (or criticism/general cynicism) on something they like deserves to be shot. If you can't take one, don't make one. :D

But seriously though, some of the stuff I find the most funny is usually deregatory on something I like (Provided it is actually funny in nature, and not just plain insulting), probably because I can most relate to it and understand it. I laughed hard at the "headcrabs in disguise" part, which I probably would'nt get if I hadn't played the previous 2 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back