Why does most everybody here hate halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luis90

Lurking as you read this
Why? Is it the community? This community is more deserving of hatred...
Is it the fact that it is so mainstream? Lots of things you people like are mainstream, even more so than halo.

Because it's overrated. If it wasn't overrated, maybe we'd be indifferent to it, but since it is, we have to hate it to stop the overration. If that's a word.

Halo 2 is over-rated, the original game was not. Don't ask me about Halo 3, though.

i love to play halo 2 with friend,but yea,halo over-rated.I mean,its a good first person shoter with a good multy option and with a good story.But when i ended this game,well that its.It was fun just ass 007 golden eye on 64...but waaaay over-rated.There lot of better game.

I've played Halo: Combat Evolved. I think it's a good game, but I have a few quips. Like how the game framerate-lag's as much as DooM 3, yet isn't visually impressive. And Master Chief runs a little slow... And the hallways, my god the hallways. So easy to get lost...
So, I wouldn't compare this game to other FPS games like... Call of Duty, or Quake 4.

At least, not the single player aspect.
I'd imagine it's the multiplayer aspect that most people like about this game. I haven't played Halo Multiplayer yet, but I do want to try it out sometime... On a private server first, though.
But I've goofed around in offline-multiplayer, and I can imagine that it would be quite fun, with the vehicles, and the large number of gametypes. And there's that Halo: Custom Edition thing, which allows custom maps and whatnot.

Until I give Multiplayer a try, I really can't say Halo 1 is overrated.

Yeah, the multiplayer is definetely the best thing about the game. However, I am still somewhat fond of the single player, up until the "Library" level. After that, it just gets repetitive and boring. And the PC version is still a rather poor port, though not as bas as the sequel.

On a side note to Playah: Halo Custom Edition does rock. Great mods for it. Also, better netcode. Like SRB2, Halo has bad netcode; the lag is huge even on LAN, but it's simple enough to "lag shoot" (Shoot ahead of your target; there IS a reason it's called "lag"). Doesn't really detract from the online experience, if the ping is below 150.

Halo 3 is over-hyped, even if it isn't over-rated.

I'd almost like to give the single player campaign level design 101. Minus the linearity, you're not supposed to put spier-ish flood people on the wall shooting you if you don't have a weapon that can shoot back. Not to mention that WartHog fiasco on the final level. *shudders*

I thought the multiplayer was eons better than the single player, though. An interesting feature (although not the core of the game) was being able to create your own gmaetypes. For instance, being able to give out sniper rifles on spawn, or to make mongooses utterly invincible. :3

luis90 said:
Lots of things you people like are mainstream, even more so than halo.

That is largely incorrect, at least when you're dealing with me.

I do not like Mario. I do not like Sonic. I do not like Naruto or Kirby, Lucky Star, or other forms of animu. I do not like furries, but at the same time am not too fond of Something Awful Goons. I also don't like Halo. Oh yeah, and rap is no good.

Simply put, I am about as far from mainstream as one could imagine. Well, okay, that's a bit of an overstatement, but you catch my drift. So what am I, exactly? Aside from being a computer geek, I honestly don't know. I do, however, know one thing. People love bandwagons. A little too much.

I choose a set of ideals all by myself, and I stick to them. But then something comes up and about a million others jump on it like flies to shit, only because everyone else does it. And I ask myself, why? Has humanity gone so far downhill that people cannot even make decisions by themselves anymore? Must they always follow the direction of their peers? Whatever happened to standing out?

Right now I'm at the point where if I see someone going on about something mainstream, I am compelled to shove my ideals back in their face. When you're outnumbered a million to one, this is the only thing you really can do. If you're going to obsess over something, then I have the right to obsess over my own ideals as well. Fair's fair. You cannot tip things in your own favor just because there's more of you. You are like mindless sheep, and my job is to remind you that you are such.

Foxblitzz, are you sure that's you posting and not me? *shot*

(Well, seriously, the first two paragraphs described me, except for the fact that I kind of like Kirby)

FoxBlitzz said:
Oh yeah, and rap is no good.
You sir, have my utmost respect.

Now then, my 2 cents on the matter.

I don't hate Halo, in fact, I enjoy playing it, but only when I can at a friend's house. I don't own an xBox, nor do I intend to get one for the sole purpose of getting Halo (like the mindless conforming morons that make up 90% of the people in my area) or for any other reason. I love multi-player but only playing with my friends in offline, as I do not like or want to deal with the Halo community. I don't mind story mode but I'd sooner just go to some area with the flood and go on a killing spree.

I like Halo, but I don't obsess over it. I don't jump on bandwagons, I burn them.

Honestly, my main problem with it is the legions of fanboys who go on and on like it's the only FPS in existence. Yes, Halo is a first person shooter. Yes, it's a decent one, too. However, there have been FPS games for over a decade now, and Halo isn't THAT special. There are several I prefer over it, actually.

Is Halo bad? No. Is it as good as the legions of fans think it is? Hell no.

Mystic said:
Is Halo bad? No. Is it as good as the legions of fans think it is? Hell no.

Y'know, alot of people would say that about srb2.....

Also, one common thing about most Halo-Haters is that they play it on PC. PC has horrible graphics and framerate compared to the XBOX.

Ice said:
Mystic said:
Is Halo bad? No. Is it as good as the legions of fans think it is? Hell no
Y'know, alot of people would say that about srb2.....
I agree with both of you. :D

Now normally I try and keep away from these discussions, but I have trouble just ignoring something for so long.

First of all, Halo 3 is overhyped. I don't care how good it actually is, it cannot possibly live up to all the hype. That's really my big problem with Halo, it's completely overrated. I've played it a few times, It's mildly entertaining, but I've really played better games. It is NOT a holy godsend of awesomeness. It is an average FPS.

As with Foxblitz, I tend to keep away from mainstream stuff. Though I'm not quite as extreme.

Edit: Why do my random posts of no real signifigance always wind up starting a page?

Yet another thing common to halo-haters. One word: OVERRATED.
Almost guaranteed answer of when you ask someone why they hate halo, " 'cause its overrated."

THERE'S A REASON WHY ITS OVERRATED, AND THERES TONS OF MONEY TO BACK IT

Bioshock is also overrated.
Halo actually gets boring, and
like Mystic said, fans rave.
I could name at least 12 better fps games than halo.

I've never played Halo and I don't really care to, so I can't give an unbiased opinion on its gameplay. However... I am sick and tired of people acting like its the only cool game in existence. I wouldn't even go that far with SSBB, or other similar games that I like.

Its also hard to agree that SRB2 is so overrated when everyone complains about the netcode and the lack of intelligence surrounding its community.

And as for mainstream stuff... if a game is good, I might be willing to give it a try, however there is only one franchise that I give special consideration and keep a close eye on, and that is Sonic. I will admit I have a tendency to prefer the main characters of stories and games more than other characters, but they are generally more developed. I never like something just because someone else likes it. *starts to wonder if the bandwagon is now avoiding bandwagons*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back