What's In Store For v2.2.10(Back Open)

Pre-release has just started, and there is no longer an addon limit :)
what if loops only worked in ball form?
I like that idea, but maybe if you wanted to create the sprites for it, or with models on, it could work normally

This here is just a discussion on what do you think is in store for 2.2.9, as you know we haven't had a patch since 2.2.8 in October of 2020 and A lot of people Have been wondering when 2.2.9 will arrive, you can just post your opinions here.

Here Are Just My opinions on what they might add for v2.2.9

-Super Tails
- New Mode For Single Player
- Better Netcode for Multi Servers
- Fixing the Segment Violation Problems whenever you hit windows button or hitting the minus button when fullscreen isn't on when Open GL is your renderer
- Amy being a tad bit better Since she is pretty Basic when it comes to vanilla characters(Like giving her a hammer jump)

Well these are just some of them, you can post your ideas too
Super Tails is a maybe, it kind of just... depends? Like, SURE, it would make sense to give Tails his super form to round out the cast, but by that metric, wouldn't it also make sense to add the Super Emeralds? Anyway, I think they're going to improve the physics. Not to something like XMomentum level, but just make the characters feel more like their Genesis counterparts. Seriously, how often do you find yourself going all the way around the loop in this game? Or you could increase the addon limit, or just get rid of the limit ENTIRELY. In addition, I think there should be a way to use CHARACTER mods (or, generally, mods that don't change any attributes about the characters) without having to create a server, and the server creation process should be easier.

Super Tails is a maybe, it kind of just... depends? Like, SURE, it would make sense to give Tails his super form to round out the cast, but by that metric, wouldn't it also make sense to add the Super Emeralds? Anyway, I think they're going to improve the physics. Not to something like XMomentum level, but just make the characters feel more like their Genesis counterparts. Seriously, how often do you find yourself going all the way around the loop in this game? Or you could increase the addon limit, or just get rid of the limit ENTIRELY. In addition, I think there should be a way to use CHARACTER mods (or, generally, mods that don't change any attributes about the characters) without having to create a server, and the server creation process should be easier.
Funnily enough, there is no Addon LIMIT now...

2.2.10 is kinda good, i have pre release tested, and its great, but im not gonna spoil it for you guys ( i don't think super tails is there yet )

The metric would had made sense if it wasn't for Sonic Mania. A modern Classic Game has set Precedence for everyone being able to go super using just the chaos emeralds, plus we can just say that Tails figured out how to go super from his experience with the super emeralds if you really need an explanation.

The metric would had made sense if it wasn't for Sonic Mania. A modern Classic Game has set Precedence for everyone being able to go super using just the chaos emeralds, plus we can just say that Tails figured out how to go super from his experience with the super emeralds if you really need an explanation.
It would make sense. Sonic seems to gain more mastery over Super Sonic over the course of time, and by SA2 can even somewhat use Chaos Control, though he doesn't really delve much deeper into chaos powers after that since it's not really his style.

If Sonic can gain mastery over time, I don't see why Tails can't. Perhaps using the Super Emeralds accustomed his body to Chaos Energy making it easier for him to channel it, or perhaps the Super Emeralds unlocked his general potential allowing him to use the emeralds when he previously couldn't?

Either way Mania does make it pretty clear that Tails has been making the conscience choice not to use the emeralds to transform after 3&K, and isn't physically incapable of it.

I understand where your coming from, but on the other hand let's dive into Sonic Mania, which is generally a classic game in the modern era. In that game you can see tails transform into super and based off of what time gear said, Tails is absolutely capable of transforming into super due to the fact that Tails has experience with the Super Emeralds back in S3&K. So tails can go super due to the fact that he's had experience with the emeralds in the past and is physically capable of doing so,

I understand where your coming from, but on the other hand let's dive into Sonic Mania, which is generally a classic game in the modern era. In that game you can see tails transform into super and based off of what time gear said, Tails is absolutely capable of transforming into super due to the fact that Tails has experience with the Super Emeralds back in S3&K. So tails can go super due to the fact that he's had experience with the emeralds in the past and is physically capable of doing so,
That does make me wonder, what would logically allow a given character to go super, at least in canon?

That does make me wonder, what would logically allow a given character to go super, at least in canon?
That probably depends on what a super form is and how it's usually achieved, which isn't really clear. For example, it's unclear whether the transformation is actually changing the essence of the individual who is transforming at a cellular level, or if they are simply channeling the power through themselves somehow like a battery, or etc.

We know that certain individuals show more natural resonance with the emeralds than others. Tails originally needed the Super Emeralds to be able to transform at all, while Sonic and Knuckles could transform with the regular Chaos Emeralds. Between the two of them, Sonic was able to achieve a full transformation while Knuckles seemed to only be allowing the power to course through him somewhat to boost his abilities a bit. It's unclear whether Knuckles having a lesser transformation was by choice or by a true lack of capability.

After using the Super Emeralds, Tails now displays an ability to transform with just the regular Chaos Emeralds, indicating an increased resonance with the emeralds after repeated exposure to the Super Emeralds, though it's unclear why this is the case and what happened to him. With that in mind, my best guess would be that those who are unable to transform under normal circumstances simply aren't displaying a natural talent for resonating with the emeralds, but could develop the ability through particularly powerful or concentrated bursts of power flowing through them. How safe this would be is unknown though.

To really know the specifics for sure, the writers would need to elaborate on it more in a future game. Up until now, it's all been rather vague and fan theories are the best we have to work with.

That probably depends on what a super form is and how it's usually achieved, which isn't really clear. For example, it's unclear whether the transformation is actually changing the essence of the individual who is transforming at a cellular level, or if they are simply channeling the power through themselves somehow like a battery, or etc.

We know that certain individuals show more natural resonance with the emeralds than others. Tails originally needed the Super Emeralds to be able to transform at all, while Sonic and Knuckles could transform with the regular Chaos Emeralds. Between the two of them, Sonic was able to achieve a full transformation while Knuckles seemed to only be allowing the power to course through him somewhat to boost his abilities a bit. It's unclear whether Knuckles having a lesser transformation was by choice or by a true lack of capability.

After using the Super Emeralds, Tails now displays an ability to transform with just the regular Chaos Emeralds, indicating an increased resonance with the emeralds after repeated exposure to the Super Emeralds, though it's unclear why this is the case and what happened to him. With that in mind, my best guess would be that those who are unable to transform under normal circumstances simply aren't displaying a natural talent for resonating with the emeralds, but could develop the ability through particularly powerful or concentrated bursts of power flowing through them. How safe this would be is unknown though.

To really know the specifics for sure, the writers would need to elaborate on it more in a future game. Up until now, it's all been rather vague and fan theories are the best we have to work with.
Sonic and Tails R wants to have a word with you

So, i was testing the pre-release and this are the new thing i noticed (if there are more, please correct me):
-No addon limit
-A text appears on the save select menu when your game is modified
-Momentum (because noticed that the player gets slightly faster the more you run)

I will keep testing it until i find more things.

So, i was testing the pre-release and this are the new thing i noticed (if there are more, please correct me):
-No addon limit
-A text appears on the save select menu when your game is modified
-Momentum (because noticed that the player gets slightly faster the more you run)

I will keep testing it until i find more things.
well the momentum thing is wrong, im guessing you got an accelmomentum build as they keep up with next, but now that 2.2.10 is out, heres a bunch of things that happen to exist now

-Modified text so you dont have to look at console which was already optional
-Luas can now time performance in milliseconds through getTimeMicros() for litterally anything between it and a second call to getTimeMicros()
which can be useful as hell if you can't read perfstats
-Springs now make you face the direction they point on rollout rocks, but could be annoying for some maps
-Easing so you dont have to know trig to make something look cool i guess?
-Modified games dont display warnings for ultimate mode, which technically fixes controdictory statements in the warning... but like come on man
-Well if you like player bots we got a whole lotta bots now if you can lua
-Raised addon limit, now keeps up with kart
-"The Single Most Important Typo Fix of All-Time" -SMS Alfredo when he accidentally made mario break
-Music slot rest in pepperonis
-Im drowning in bug fixes

Well i think I spent too much time on this lol

-Luas can now time performance in milliseconds through getTimeMicros() for litterally anything between it and a second call to getTimeMicros()
which can be useful as hell if you can't read perfstats
Perfstats have also become much easier to read, as it can show averages over time instead of constantly changing values. Try increasing ps_samplesize in the console before showing perfstats.

-Modified games dont display warnings for ultimate mode, which technically fixes controdictory statements in the warning... but like come on man
Never thought I'd see someone single out and complain about this particular change...

Pre-release has just started, and there is no longer an addon limit :)

I like that idea, but maybe if you wanted to create the sprites for it, or with models on, it could work normally
Technically, with a little bit of sprite rotation and complex scaling (now completely supported!), you would just need to add two new angles to the list, and a circle could be used as a placeholder sprite if those angles aren't present.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back