What's In Store For v2.2.10(Back Open)

Then why aren't all character ables to go super by default then?

And the loops could have full control as long as it's not like Sonic R's.
1. Because Mystic held the game back for years in all aspects. It isn't a matter of it not being technically possible, it's a matter of the Old Guard and trying to make the forms unique in a way that fits the game.
2. Then you could just skip the loops by jumping through them. Sorta defeats the point, ey?

1. Because ****** held the game back for years in all aspects. It isn't a matter of it not being technically possible, it's a matter of the Old Guard and trying to make the forms unique in a way that fits the game.
2. Then you could just skip the loops by jumping through them. Sorta defeats the point, ey?
  1. Oh ok, I see. Let's avoid to refer to that person now.
  2. You could do that in Sonic R. I don't really like being forced to go in scripted sequences (which is one of the major flaws of the modern Sonic games).

1. Oh ok, I see. Let's avoid to refer to that person now.
  2. You could do that in Sonic R. I don't really like being forced to go in scripted sequences (which is one of the major flaws of the modern Sonic games).
I don't see much need to redact Mystic's name. It's well known that he had a negative impact on SRB2's development and I don't see anything wrong with mentioning him in threads. That said, this thread definitely has no need to divert into Mystic discussion—there's already a thread for that.

Also, I'm not in favor of automated loops... but I'd also argue that loops almost have no benefit for SRB2. Slopes had a variety of benefits... what do loops have if you can just skip them and it's unlikely that you'd get any sort of benefits from loops. Loops never really sped you up in 2D, from what I recall, unless you jumped in specific ways or rolled, but you had to go through them there if you wanted to progress on X path. You don't need to in 3D. Loops would just be pure spectacle, in almost all scenarios.

If StJr adds manual loops and SOMEHOW makes it worth it to go through them other than spectacle, then I'm all for it, but I'm in doubt that such a feat is possible, especially with the sprites required for loops in the first place.

I don't see much need to redact 's name. It's well known that he had a negative impact on SRB2's development and I don't see anything wrong with mentioning him in threads. That said, this thread definitely has no need to divert into discussion—there's already a thread for that.
When I was banned for several months I had to think about it, and the best was to simply erase the person from existence. But yeah, we shouldn't derail from the subject of this thread.

Also, I'm not in favor of automated loops... but I'd also argue that loops almost have no benefit for SRB2. Slopes had a variety of benefits... what do loops have if you can just skip them and it's unlikely that you'd get any sort of benefits from loops. Loops never really sped you up in 2D, from what I recall, unless you jumped in specific ways or rolled, but you had to go through them there if you wanted to progress on X path. You don't need to in 3D. Loops would just be pure spectacle, in almost all scenarios.

If StJr adds manual loops and SOMEHOW makes it worth it to go through them other than spectacle, then I'm all for it, but I'm in doubt that such a feat is possible, especially with the sprites required for loops in the first place.
And I agree, loops are just for spectacle (especially in 3D).

Imagine Mania but with no loops at all, it would still be a great game.
Same for SRB2, it's a great game that didn't rely on cheap spectacle things to appear to be good.

When I was banned for several months I had to think about it, and the best was to simply erase the person from existence. But yeah, we shouldn't derail from the subject of this thread.

And I agree, loops are just for spectacle (especially in 3D).

Imagine Mania but with no loops at all, it would still be a great game.
Same for SRB2, it's a great game that didn't rely on cheap spectacle things to appear to be good.
Well, loops could be used in different ways. We know from one devleak that we could have a half loop that shoots you upwards, you can run on ceilings, you can have loops like in Hill Top Zone and Chemical Plant where it shoots you straight down and makes you run on a wall. Loops don’t have to be the iconic Green Hill type. They can be used in many different ways that can add to the experience

Loops take to much time and effort to develop, In some cases there are tiny loops like in Sugoi 2.1 or Tortoured Planet Back in 2.0 but they aren't really full loops just a plain circle that they added

Hope fully stuff like:
A homing attack(Even though Bouncing on enemies isn't that hard in srb2 once you get used to it)
Loops
Momentum Physics
drop dash

how you DARE, 2.2.9 will have a lot of things, finnaly fixed those fucking blinking color errors in OpenGL, something that for me is REALLY BIG for just a patch.
I still don't expect much
Post automatically merged:

Hope fully stuff like:
A homing attack(Even though Bouncing on enemies isn't that hard in srb2 once you get used to it)
Loops
Momentum Physics
drop dash
Keep telling yourself that

-Loops
-Crash Bandicoot mode (kinda like pipe towers)
that's all i know
Dude this is a patch, don't expect big new things, just bug fixes, and maybe a few cool things like Super Tails or something. Big game mechanics and stuff like that would probably be added in 2.2.3, which I doubt will come out very soon

Last edited:
Hope fully stuff like:
Loops
Momentum Physics
drop dash
Most are already there with LUAs.

We don't need homing attacks in a Classic game (and the Magnetic Shield is already doing it in a way).

Most are already there with LUAs.

We don't need homing attacks in a Classic game (and the Magnetic Shield is already doing it in a way).
I know it's a classic sonic game, But the homing attack was added in 3d sonic so that landing jumps on enemies would be much more easier.

I know it's a classic sonic game, But the homing attack was added in 3d sonic so that landing jumps on enemies would be much more easier.
Honestly there's other ways to achieve the same effect. For example, a feature to "lock on" to enemies so that the camera focuses on them so that you can more easily land your jumps on top of them. I think Simple mode's camera comes with a feature like this already. This ultimately is better than the Homing Attack in regards to being able to preserve your momentum so that you bounce high after hitting an enemy from a great height.

Honestly there's other ways to achieve the same effect. For example, a feature to "lock on" to enemies so that the camera focuses on them so that you can more easily land your jumps on top of them. I think Simple mode's camera comes with a feature like this already. This ultimately is better than the Homing Attack in regards to being able to preserve your momentum so that you bounce high after hitting an enemy from a great height.
Okay. But I wanted to make the homing attack more momentum based like with the neo sonic mod by

Chengi https://mb.srb2.org/threads/neo-sonic-v2-11.27530/

No thanks, keep Modern sonic stuff for mods, don't stain SRB2 with it.

And sorry if I may sound rude but I'm glad that SRB2 kept the spirit of the Classic game instead of shoehorning Modern elements just for the sake of it.

No thanks, keep Modern sonic stuff for mods, don't stain SRB2 with it.

And sorry if I may sound rude but I'm glad that SRB2 kept the spirit of the Classic game instead of shoehorning Modern elements just for the sake of it.
I wasn't gonna stain it. But meh. I do agree that The thing about the homing attack I sent was kind of pointless. Like I don't think that It isn't shoehorning, But I don't think the homing attack is needed, especially since it's much more easier on bouncing off of enemies.

That's also not the big of deal since there's also other ways to defeat enemies and you don't have to jump on top of them like Mario
Yeah. I know.

Hope fully stuff like:
Loops
Momentum Physics
drop dash
Well Instead of a homing attack, A double jump could also work as well(Probably even better).

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back