What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

Whataboutism, invalid argument. Also, do you have a source for your claim that Mario fans cannot legally make fanart?
using this thing called "the internet" I found out that you CAN make fanart and even sell it following some legal steps!

so the source is "i made it the fuck up"

since when could you sell fanart?
1695598220949.png

Certain IP holders have licensing agreements with their fanbases. Now, do you have a source saying Mario fans can't make fanart, or did we catch you making something up?
bro literally almost every fanproject and animation has been taken down. do you WANT me to make a list?

bro literally almost every fanproject and animation has been taken down.
Nintendo having the ability to take something down does not equate to people breaking the law by making fanart.

Nor does it mean anything with regards to SRB2. Invalid argument, let's move on.

So you think it's okay to do whatever you want with someone else's fanart because it's fanart of something copyrighted? Genuine question.
Forrrrr the sake of the conversation
What if one has the view that all art should be accessible by everyone?

Forrrrr the sake of the conversation
What if one has the view that all art should be accessible by everyone?
Is it not accessible? We're not saying you can't make edits or play the mods, we're saying you can't republish those edits without consent.

Is it not accessible? We're not saying you can't make edits or play the mods, we're saying you can't republish those edits without consent.
Idk I don’t think MF DOOM shouldve needed consent for every track he sampled
The way I feel is that inherently the only reason one could want their art to not be editable by others (as long as it’s not being passed off as the original) is financial

Compare this to like. Music communities, you know, the ones where everyone releases stems? I’m not saying ppl shouldn’t be allowed to make things non reusable, I just think it’s morally wrong to do so, and it should be ok to criticize them

The way I feel is that inherently the only reason one could want their art to not be editable by others (as long as it’s not being passed off as the original) is financial

Compare this to like. Music communities, you know, the ones where everyone releases stems? I’m not saying ppl shouldn’t be allowed to make things non reusable, I just think it’s morally wrong to do so, and it should be ok to criticize them
So I guess I have to make my mod that i spent 100+ hours on reusable even though I don't want any part of my mod to be reused by anyone, and if I don't ill get critcized for not letting people use my assets?!

ok.

You can't presume to understand the mindset of every artist on the internet. A lot of us have good reasons for why we wouldn't want our stuff edited without permission.

So I guess I have to make my mod that i spent 100+ hours on reusable even though I don't want any part of my mod to be reused by anyone, and if I don't ill get critcized for not letting people use my assets?!

ok.
I think if people want to criticize you for that yes that should be okay

Mods ARE art but that’s why I think everything should be usable by everyone, ESPECIALLY in cases where it’s transformative
Post automatically merged:

I think if people want to criticize you for that yes that should be okay

Mods ARE art but that’s why I think everything should be usable by everyone, ESPECIALLY in cases where it’s transformative
ofc in the real world capitalism and all like. I get why it can’t be that way with most stuff, however I think this community could be one of the few spaces where things are that way, and I’m a little sad it’s not that, that’s all

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back