What in the world is SRB2 Workshop?

Because I like SRB2. As a GAME.

How hard is it to understand that maybe, just maybe, people like SRB2 for what it is and don't fucking care about all the idiotic drama that happens constantly?
Well, we are not held accountable if you get banned/won't be our fault for your ban.

[...] Minute after minute, they have their notifications flooded. [...]
Every thread has a button that disables notifications, should you be watching it.
1694719550839.png

This is also available in push notifications [[citation needed]]. This is also available in e-mail notifications.

It is not uncommon for threads to go past their original intent to continue discussion about something still related to the topic.
If the OP deems their curiosity sated and aren't interested in the rest of the thread, they can just unwatch the thread.

How hard is it to understand that maybe, just maybe, people like SRB2 for what it is and don't fucking care about all the idiotic drama that happens constantly?
no, i understand those people exist. they're just not in this thread, arguing over the matter of respecting artists.

I already know that, but what if the OP doesn't know?
Then they'll read my message and know what to do. :knuxsmug:
Or they'll read the e-mail, declaring
1694719865310.png

Or they'll read the notification with the potential "disable notifications" option somewhere. Including but not limited to just uninstalling the app, if they ever installed it.

Or they'll ask.

The drama... that the Workshop started? :3
Post automatically merged:

And anyway, like you have in your signature, trans rights are non-negotiable, and that should apply to this thread.
Respectfully, what does that have to do with this thread?

The drama... that the Workshop started? :3

Respectfully, what does that have to do with this thread?
1. More like the drama we started in this thread.
2. I mean this thread is non-negotiable and we should stop continuing quote unquote "normal" activity.

1. More like the drama we started in this thread.
2. I mean this thread is non-negotiable and we should stop continuing quote unquote "normal" activity.
You are welcome to continue asking that we stop into the void, but with all due respect, nobody is going to listen. I would advise spending your time elsewhere.

Conversation evolves, this is natural and okay. You don't need to try to shut it down because it diverged a bit. Stop backseat moderating.
You are welcome to continue asking that we stop into the void, but with all due respect, nobody is going to listen. I would advise spending your time elsewhere.
I may not be perfect, but I am not you.

Oh, and moderator @Tatsuru is looking at this thread.

I may not be perfect, but I am not you.

Oh, and moderator @Tatsuru is looking at this thread.
You need to not barge into some random thread and ask everyone to stop multiple times when it is clear it is not going to happen. It just derails the thread further than it needs to be (a thread that is running its course normally as you were already told before, if I may add. Have you been on a forum before?).
If you take issue with something happening in a thread, know you can report the replies you have issues with (or the thread itself, you have a "Talk to Staff" forum if you walk back a few steps).

Yes, a moderator is looking at a thread. Pointing it out is not necessary.

I don't give a damn who started this and who did what.
It's fucking annoying, figure something out already and stop making it everybody's problem.
The Workshop is welcome to come and talk things out with us if they so choose. But they haven't. They started this mess by ignoring rules that have been in place for years, rules most of the community has long been fine with. The drama didn't exist before then, so they can come and talk to us when they're done with their self-imposed time out.

My whole point was you guys are arguing, it's what you guys are doing now! You guys are saying "It's false claims." or "No we aren't." but it's clear you guys are arguing.

Also, @DylanDude, one note for you:
You can't boss me around.

My whole point was you guys are arguing, it's what you guys are doing now! You guys are saying "It's false claims." or "No we aren't." but it's clear you guys are arguing.

Also, @DylanDude, one note for you:
You can't boss me around.
When did I try to boss you around? I said you were more than welcome to keep doing it, I just said we weren't going to listen.

When did I try to boss you around? I said you were more than welcome to keep doing it, I just said we weren't going to listen.
A literal page ago:
You do not have a right to shut down discussion. We are having a fine time discussing this, please stop trying to interfere, let alone egotistically insisting everyone thinks you're right when they clearly do not.
NGL, you have a rep of goodness, but many times, you took my response from me (that I post before you, outside this thread) and edited to claim it as your own.

...1: Why are portlegs a strictly BAD thing anyways?
If i really enjoy like... RpgSonic for example because of like... levelup mechanics that are based on score, and it doesnt have a 2.2 port because im pretty sure the creator left the community, And I port it after learning how to port- Is it bad that i made that port in the first place?

2: Have you seen the recent "Mods" on the MB? It is my opinion that they are mediocre at best!
Just "Meme" Character addons and Strange map packs; not enough to sustain the high bar that was raised by like... samus or something

3:"Stolen mods" Stolen modifications... Are mods art????
If these mods are art, Then Sega could be Suing SonicTeamJr For plagiarizing their uh... Brand? Artpiece? I dont know- Nevermind.
Its a Fangame! You are supposed to like... Play it! Not worry if that 2.2 port of RpgSonic isnt a genuine article!
Yeah, recent mods on the MB haven't been very good. (Mainly low-effort mods) Giganticus is an example. Apparently, there's no original code whatsoever, only used scripts from other Reusable mods. They also had to use ChatGPT to fix problems. The more known characters, like SA Sonic, are most likely going to be downloaded, as for unknown characters, aren't going to do well and most likely aren't going to be in SRB2 Servers.

@pompom454, cut it out, you don't need to look after the thread creator when he is perfectly capable of handling his own notifications.

then, respectfully, why are you in this community?
LMAO no shit.

The Workshop is welcome to come and talk things out with us
Us? Who is "us" here, Dylan?

Anyhow, this thread is clearly something people want to discuss. We're not going to shut it down and censor it just because we don't like the character of the group in question.

As for the rest, you're ALL going to have a hard time arguing over the entire "portleg" issue because it is a weird issue and anyone trying to oversimplify it on either side is kind of insincere :V

If anyone wants to argue that full out editing people's work without permission and spreading it around is bad, then sure. That's easy. People own the art they make. But SRB2's community does sit in a weird spot where thanks to former standards the difference between "Edit" and "Port" was never clearly defined, and this has caused fucktons of frustration for everyone over the years. No one should be pretending that grey area doesn't exist.
Clarification:
Whether porting something should count as editing is a weird thing people have trouble agreeing on.

Up until the change I made the other day, there was not even a system for mod uploaders to specify this for themselves, even though they might have felt VERY passionately one way or the other. Out of an abundance of caution, we chose to interpret "do not edit my work" as "do not port my work" out of a plain, sometimes overreaching, technicality. At least people can specify now.

Definitely more work (technically and community-wise) to be done on this front in the future; I've been poking around with forum settings and trying to clean the existing system up first.

NGL, you have a rep of goodness, but many times, you took my response from me (that I post before you, outside this thread) and edited to claim it as your own.
I don't know what you're talking about. Could we handle this in private messages, outside of this thread?

Us? Who is "us" here, Dylan?
I was reacting to Sandwichface's vague request that we "work things out." I took that to mean the two communities, since his criticisms in this thread have generally been directed at the crowd and not at staff. I did not mean to imply that banned members would have their appeals accepted or how staff would feel, apologies.

In my opinion, the portleg issue has always been an extension of the "respect the artist" issue. Ports inherently involve edits because if they didn't, there wouldn't need to be a port, the old version would work just as well. I am glad the community has now made the distinction between traditional edits and ports clear, since the latter ideally tries to remain as faithful as possible (although I would like to point out that the Workshop has often not done this), but in the absence of clarity the safe answer should have always been "better not to."

(This is not an argument I just want to clarify my position.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back