What If Nintendo did Sonic Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CoolTH said:
there r some games with sonic in them that are nintendo... like brawl! all nintendo did is made sonic in what they thought he would look like if he were made originally in nintendo... and also sonic and the secret rings has the same deal!

Nintendo probably paid Sega so they could use Sonic.

And Sonic and the Secret Rings was made by Sonic Team, anyway.

The Dark Fox said:
But those games sucked. Nintendoo never does much gimmicks in a racing game.

I hope your joking. I really do. If you aren't, you haven't played ANY of Nintendo's racing games. And I find it sad that people judge things before they try it.

GCFreak said:
The Dark Fox said:
But those games sucked. Nintendoo never does much gimmicks in a racing game.

I hope your joking. I really do. If you aren't, you haven't played ANY of Nintendo's racing games. And I find it sad that people judge things before they try it.

At least those are good, I sure hope Nintendo makes good care of Sonic BTW if Sonic World Adventure ends up being a bad game (wich I´m not sure now) Sonic wont live more than 3 years OR he will be sold to SONY or Nintendo...

The bad thing is that they ran out of ideas here are Sonic really original Sonic games:

Sonic Spinball: As far as I know none other character has turned himself into a sphere to play other than Pokemon.

Sonic 3D Blast: It had an all new idea of rescuing birds, and the basic reason of the game was to emulate the 3D, and I liked it.

Sonic R: Somehow like Mario Kart with the diference you can jump, use boosters on field and there are no cars (except for amy).

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2: The game that took the legendary hedgehog into a superstar with this never-seen storyline, in Sonic Adventure there was this beast called chaos and the ancient tribe, the new foes and the new characters, in Sonic Adventure 2 they made an all new and original game, Robotnik wanted to controll the world but if he coudnt he would destroy it , also the moon, the storyine and all of that was really cool.

I could say some more but I dont have time for it.

Sonnarkku said:
The bad thing is that they ran out of ideas
Really...?.... To me, it looks like they're doing pretty good right now. But then you'll say that Werehog is unoriginal, perhaps.
Originality is overrated; Parodies are the way to go.

Well for one Nintendo wouldn't overpopulate the cast of characters, no?

What might never happen again? Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Metal Sonic, Dr. Robotnik, Eggrobos making a return as a common enemy and the return of the super emeralds all in one game and nothing more. (Yes, not including any stupid unnecessary crap)

Jellybones69 said:
Sonic Spinball: As far as I know none other character has turned himself into a sphere to play other than Pokemon.

And samus.
(Metroid Pinball- ds, or gba....?)

Answering JB69, in both. I got all the powerups in Zero Mission for the GBA.

Oh, and also another to the spinning list: Jigglypuff from the SSB series. Non-directional special is spinning.

Pikawil said:
arnold_the_bartender said:
Well for one Nintendo wouldn't overpopulate the cast of characters, no?

*looks at numbers of one-shot Mario characters*
Yeah... There have been a lot of Mario characters hasn't there? But unfortunately, SEGA wins the award for an overpopulated cast in a video game... *Points to the failure that is Sonic '06.*

I actually prefer Sonic's cast to Mario's, its more colorful. The character overload is only a problem because either too many of them are playable at once, or some just get thrown in and end up bloating the story. I prefer Amy to Peach, Sonic to Mario, Tails to Toad, Blaze to Rosalina any day. (Yoshi's probably my favorite Mario character as far as appearance)

I think Nintendo would probably handle the series better as a whole, but we'd still see a ton of spin-offs. Besides that, Nintendo will not be able to use another company's strategy, so you cannot expect Nintendo to make the gems that Sonic Team made. It is not because Nintendo can't handle it, its that its a different company with a different strategy.

As it is, Sonic's established himself in a different field of gameplay all together. While Mario has the fully-free exploration-based 3d platforming, Sonic has a race-track obstacle-course type gameplay, and I think that Sonic has finally found his niche in this. At least for retail. Fangames will still have the ability to echo the nostalgia or the dreams of the fans.

I much prefer the Mario roster, but it's all relative. I still love the Sonic cast.

Also, Blaze to Rosalina? Come on. Rosalina kicks ###!

The Dark Fox said:
I love how you guys hate heroes because of the plotholes and the glitches. I doubt anyone actually PLAYED it.

Anyways...I doubt Nintendo will know it's sense of speed. They will ruin Sonic with all these spinoffs.

I played it 7 times each with all four teams, and the ONLY good team with a good twist in the story was chaotic and team dark with their endings.
Teams hero and rose were more on a bad taste for humor and a annoying tutorial with a omo-chao who's voice can break a glass house in seconds, not to mention the true ending failed.

The game was decent for creativity on a new platforming style i'll give then that, but it still fails reguardless of how many sales it got.

Although this thread is about nintendo, I am looking forward to bioware to make a sequel to sonic chronicles, but this time a bit better.

Also the cast I prefer, is just Sonic, maybe tails, no one else :)
TrueTenguMan said:
The Dark Fox said:
I love how you guys hate heroes because of the plotholes and the glitches. I doubt anyone actually PLAYED it.

Anyways...I doubt Nintendo will know it's sense of speed. They will ruin Sonic with all these spinoffs.

I played it 7 times each with all four teams, and the ONLY good team with a good twist in the story was chaotic and team dark with their endings.
Teams hero and rose were more on a bad taste for humor and a annoying tutorial with a omo-chao who's voice can break a glass house in seconds, not to mention the true ending failed.

The game was decent for creativity on a new platforming style i'll give then that, but it still fails reguardless of how many sales it got.

Game was alright, much better than anything recent. On a side note I personally dislike sonic adventure 2, basically for adding the worst characters in existence.

Thing is, a lot of people here were not born when Sonic 1-3 were released, so they anger moi, because chances are they like useless characters(shadow) Easy way to check someone's age is ask them what sonic show they like, if it's not aosth, they are dead ;0.

[/quote]I hope your joking. I really do. If you aren't, you haven't played ANY of Nintendo's racing games. And I find it sad that people judge things before they try it.

I agree about Nintendo racing games if Nintendo did that to racing games what do you think they'd do to Sonic!

Hyper Metal Sonic said:
fixed

I agree about Nintendo racing games if Nintendo did that to racing games what do you think they'd do to Sonic!

Sega already made 2 racing games of sonic, considering that Sonic R was decent.

and also knowing they sided with namco I don't see what or how they would mess up with a sonic racing game made by nintendo.

Hm...a normal sonic game made by nintendo thats not racing.

Same as my previous post, it would be hard for them to screw it up.

One thing I would consult them with is to have less characters in it and it will be fine.

Some mini-games, fun bosses, good blend of speed and platforming.
Nintendo would do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back