What changes do you want in 2.2.14?

For them to fix the glitch with model mods were the models are tiny for no reason.
That's not really a bug, its just for flexibility with models. Just go into your models.dat and just find the model that is too small, and adjust the numbers on the right of it.
the "3.0.0.0" is to define the model size.

Thank You!
Post automatically merged:

How do I do that?

invalid, this isnt sonic 1.
The game that started it all, and the Sonic game that best utilizes momentum, is what you say? If you want momentum, don't attack the game that uses it best. It goes to show how uninformed you really are on the subject. If you want your precious classic Sonic momentum, then mod it in yourself. SRB2's playstyle is perfect as is. No changes need to be made to gameplay or movesets, the controls perfectly complement the level design. Gaining speed from slopes is useless, that's why the roll exists. There is no need to fix something that isn't broken. People really do not want SRB2 to have any more identity than a 2D Sonic game in 3D, which is genuinely stupid. SRB2 invented its own iteration of classic Sonic, and it should stay that way. Hopefully now you understand what I am trying to say.

what about the option to make specific letters in your player name colors separate from the default one set by your skincolor
Bro what that is so random💀💀💀

while i don't ever see hope for pushing animations (iirc roach has said it's in the list of animations the team deems kinda pointless)
I know this is old, but I really wanted to say, how is that "pointless?" There are literally levels where you can puch things to open doors and such, I don't get how that is "pointless."

Last edited:
SRB2's playstyle is perfect as is.
no it's not 👍 the air control is very stiff, the weird acceleration curve makes the top speed feel very slow, the lack of momentum preservation and slope launch height cut makes many slopes and ramps feel useless and WORST OF ALL...that is all my personal opinion. how horrific.

I know this is old, but I really wanted to say, how is that "pointless?" There are literally levels where you can puch things to open doors and such, I don't get how that is "pointless."
there are, that's true! but compared to other gimmicks in the game that do require an extra bit of visual clarity to better communicate their purpose to the player (like the conveyor belts in arid canyon), you don't...really need a pushing animation to let the player know that they're pushing something.

besides, it's only something (in the vanilla game) that appears in deep sea and azure temple, so i don't think it's very efficient to spend time making an animation for a one time gimmick for every angle for every character when you could be working on something else.

If you want momentum, don't attack the game that uses it best. It goes to show how uninformed you really are on the subject.
This is entirely subjective, which Sonic game uses momentum the best is a matter of personal opinion, not fact. By presenting your opinion as fact and anyone who disagrees as ignorant, you don't exactly come off the way you'd probably like. Most people disagree that Sonic 1, the game with Marble Zone, Labyrinth Zone, and Scrap Brain Zone, is the one to use momentum the best.
If you want your precious classic Sonic momentum, then mod it in yourself.
What I think most of us want is for characters without rolling to have the ability to gain and preserve momentum. Why is it that running down a long slope has no more effect than running on flat ground? That doesn't feel good at all, and as a mapper, it limits level design potential to be unable to use slopes as a more natural way of building speed than springs.
Gaining speed from slopes is useless, that's why the roll exists.
An increasing amount of characters cannot roll, and they shouldn't have to.
There is no need to fix something that isn't broken. People really do not want SRB2 to have any more identity than a 2D Sonic game in 3D, which is genuinely stupid.
It is quite broken and I'm glad to know it's getting fixed in the future. I don't want SRB2 to just be the Genesis games in 3D, but I do want it to learn more from what worked in those games while also doing its own thing. Having its own identity doesn't mean avoiding what the Genesis games got right, it means learning from those games.

But hey, if you don't like the changes 2.3 is going to make, you can always mod it back to the way it was before, right?

As far as momentum goes, I tend to see myself as a "don't fix what is not broken" kind of guy. I am aware the game could use a few upgrades in this area, but we should take an incremental approach and focus only on critical areas to start.

On Youtube, there are numerous Infinity Engine demos where Sonic barely even touches the ground, and the level is nothing more than a backdrop. When you especially consider the fact that SRB2 is an offshoot of the doom engine, I do not think it would be fair to mappers if they (in the future) would spend months crafting a large, beautiful environment to traverse only to see speedrunners skip everything and hitting the end sign in under a minute.

I think the ability to play multiple music tracks at once would be nice. Adaptive music in SRB2 similar to that of like, Pikmin, sounds sick.

The game that started it all, and the Sonic game that best utilizes momentum, is what you say? If you want momentum, don't attack the game that uses it best. It goes to show how uninformed you really are on the subject. If you want your precious classic Sonic momentum, then mod it in yourself. SRB2's playstyle is perfect as is. No changes need to be made to gameplay or movesets, the controls perfectly complement the level design. Gaining speed from slopes is useless, that's why the roll exists. There is no need to fix something that isn't broken. People really do not want SRB2 to have any more identity than a 2D Sonic game in 3D, which is genuinely stupid. SRB2 invented its own iteration of classic Sonic, and it should stay that way. Hopefully now you understand what I am trying to say.
yoo, i didnt know you had momentum while running in sonic 1 (im not counting spinning because srb2 has momentum for that)

in first foot fix

new amy's moveset of cousre!

and this:
motorroach-new-sprites.png

oh i'll forgot software palette!

like in gzdoom!

Not quite. The two are very similar, but the new sprite has been re-shaded and the shoes were tweaked. Overall, the differences are subtle at a glance, and yet somewhat extensive once you do notice them.
I see the shading, but I don't see the shoes. What is changed exactly?

Honestly, what I'd love to see is a basic UI settings tab. I'm one of those people who loves changing every little thing, so ignore me if you want. But I'd love to see that, personally.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back