What changes do you want in 2.2.14?

I honestly would like to see the NuThok ability implemented, it's not the mess that is the breakfast sandwich, it just improves on the formula. Fang should be able to shoot while in the air, coyote time, Amy gets SF_MULTIABILITY with her hammer. They could maybe they could modify the lives icon to the game to make the icons more unique due to the resprite. (Yes, a lot of mods that already exist on the Lua or Misc. pages)

(idk how to use spoilers)
Hot take, Metal Sonic loses spin dash for black shield. I hold this opinion due to Amy and Fang being no spin characters, so the obvious progression logic is another no spin character that is fast, if not faster than sonic.
(The no spin idea came to me when I remembered that Metal Sonic does not have a roll animation in Sonic Rivals, only jumps like normal, and the black shield idea came from me playing RChars and liking Tails Doll)

That's like saying Jumping doesn't belong in the Mario series also literally SRB2 is a Classic Sonic game lmao
Momentum doesn't complement Srb2's level design. The idea is to gain huge amounts of speed while rolling, something the classic sonic games do. Just because it isn't identical to what you are used to doesn't mean it shouldn't be the way it is. SRB2 is better without momentum, but if you want it, just mod it in yourself.
The Genesis Sonic games (which SRB2 is supposed to be a 3D version of) do have 'some' momentum as evidenced when Sonic rolls down hills, around loops, and off ramps, but it is significantly pared down compared to the insane levels seen in games like Sonic Unleashed.

To not have momentum at all would mean the game resembling Mario and Crash more than what put Sega on the map.
Last time I checked, Mario and crash don't roll, spin-dash, spin-jump. As I said before, rolling is there for that reason. You still go fast and accelerate naturally.

The most acceptable kind of momentum for SRB2 is has a faster acceleration to your top speed when running down slopes. Running insanely fast breaks SRB2's level design. And before anyone brings up Speed-Shoes, they are powerups, and still aren't game breakingly fast.
Post automatically merged:

It's more of a touch up on the vanilla cast as I'll be honest some of these make them look a lot nicer. Picture from the srb2.org
motorroach-new-sprites.png
They look so much better; I've been hoping for a touch-up for a long while. (Especially Fang)
Post automatically merged:

They should add power thok, it feels natural. I also hope for life icons to get colored backgrounds because as it stands, they are kind of crude looking.

Last edited:
Momentum doesn't complement Srb2's level design. The idea is to gain huge amounts of speed while rolling, something the classic sonic games do. Just because it isn't identical to what you are used to doesn't mean it shouldn't be the way it is. SRB2 is better without momentum, but if you want it, just mod it in yourself.
SRB2's level design is quite often made with momentum in mind, actually, and there's no need to mod it in because it already exists in the game. Sonic not falling straight down when you let go of inputs midair? That's because of momentum.

Sonic 4 (Especially episode 1) is what a Sonic game looks like without momentum. There's no conservation of speed, so when you let go of inputs you just stop (and if you're in midair, you just fall straight down). In games that have it (and in real life) momentum is gained when speed is gained, but the gaining of speed in and of itself is not momentum, that's velocity.

Building speed: Velocity
Building resistance to stopping: Momentum

All momentum is, is an object in motion wants to stay in motion and puts up resistance to anything trying to stop it. That's it. Both momentum and velocity are integral parts of what makes Sonic games "Sonic games" in the sense of what makes them so iconic and appealing. The absence of either one is a recipe for disaster, such as in the case of Sonic 4.

SRB2's level design is quite often made with momentum in mind, actually, and there's no need to mod it in because it already exists in the game. Sonic not falling straight down when you let go of inputs midair? That's because of momentum.

Sonic 4 (Especially episode 1) is what a Sonic game looks like without momentum. There's no conservation of speed, so when you let go of inputs you just stop (and if you're in midair, you just fall straight down). In games that have it (and in real life) momentum is gained when speed is gained, but the gaining of speed in and of itself is not momentum, that's velocity.

Building speed: Velocity
Building resistance to stopping: Momentum

All momentum is, is an object in motion wants to stay in motion and puts up resistance to anything trying to stop it. That's it. Both momentum and velocity are integral parts of what makes Sonic games "Sonic games" in the sense of what makes them so iconic and appealing. The absence of either one is a recipe for disaster, such as in the case of Sonic 4.
Cool, but then why does everyone want "momentum" in the game?

Cool, but then why does everyone want "momentum" in the game?
Because like 90% of the Sonic fanbase doesn't know the difference between velocity and momentum. What the Sonic fanbase is looking for is the specific combination of both that the two are known for in the classic titles from the early 90's. Interactions such as gaining speed when spinning down slopes and then holding onto that speed after launching off a ramp. True speed is something that has to be earned and maintained through skill/know how in the classic titles, and that's the type of stuff people want to see in SRB2 because it's what makes Sonic games unique within the platforming genre.

Although I feel rather mixed regarding Sonic GT, that's a fangame that managed to pull off the specific mix of velocity and momentum that Sonic fans are looking for in a way even the official 3D titles never have. It's really quite impressive.

what about the option to make specific letters in your player name colors separate from the default one set by your skincolor

i may have already posted in this thread eaarlier, but i also wish that spritescale (and sprite offsets, for that matter) worked on 3d models so that we could finally have a proper mario model out and working

i may have already posted in this thread eaarlier, but i also wish that spritescale (and sprite offsets, for that matter) worked on 3d models so that we could finally have a proper mario model out and working
alright so about 8 days later it seems that that apparently WAS in by 2.2.13's release and i never noticed somehow

the new tails sprites are well needed he looks too fluffy in the current game and that doesnt let us see his mouth

also i feel like they dont really need momentum because its already sorta in the game and ive been waiting for 2.2.14 for 1 month and 16 days and im gettin impatient they havent made any new news since oldc 2023 round 1

also i feel like they dont really need momentum because its already sorta in the game and ive been waiting for 2.2.14 for 1 month and 16 days and im gettin impatient they havent made any new news since oldc 2023 round 1
Respectfully, it's very common for months to pass between patches. Please be patient, the developers are making this game in their free time.

Probably should've worded that better but the new palette just isn't working for me, especially the forehead.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back