Was there an announcement? (Forum issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add that this message board is not run as a democracy. In fact, I can't really think of a single message board, or internet community in general, that puts all its administrative decisions up to democratic vote.

Well, I never said I disliked the new look, it is just the lack of previous discussion pisses me of =P And yourself said that you knew that the majority of the forum would say "no"

And no, I will not create a forum because I lack time, money and care to do it. Plus, I don't think I would be a good admin. I'm only complaining because i've seen way better ways of administrating other than yours. My individual opinion is worthless, and would only matter if people did agree with me.

That's clearly not the case, so I will just stop arguing :]

The majority of the forum would say "No" to any change, no matter what the benefit is. If I had a poll to determine if we should give out free candy on registration, you can bet that somehow it would still get voted down by the forum.

Nobody likes change.

Hahaha what the hell Mystic, that was a weird example xD
... I was thinking about complaining about how lock-happy this place is, but that would be the same fruitless discussion all over again.

BTW, please change my username to "Stink Terios"; my current username is outdated by about two years and I didn't bother to change it before :C

Okay, I could understand putting the different Releases categories into subforums, but Video Games? Come on. That's just really pathetic. That's basically doing the same thing as this:

OnlyABadDesignerWouldDoThis.png

There's no reason to make the user go through an extra step if it's just a single item. All it does is force the user to perform more menu surfing. I don't see any point to relegating one lone item into a submenu like that. If you have a rational explanation for this, then please clue me in, but I'm having a really hard time trying to come up with one myself.

Yeah, I really think subcategories should only be reserved for multiple subforums of the same type, or subforums that no one's going to bother to check. I think anything more than that is just abuse of the feature.

You guys could just click the small text that says Video games on the main page. (Sub-Forum)
Edit:I still like the my idea of classic view option in UCP could be the old forum. If possible.
Edit: And I agree with the useless menu surfing

I don't worry so much with forum changes. Just get used to, more few days, done. I DO believe they are trying to improve the forum.

But something upset me: the way how these things are applied. An admin steps in, does the changes and says "I do it because I can.", and among admins there is no consensus about it.... seems something is wrong.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Well, Ezer.Arch, I know this might shock you, but we're not the Borg collective and generally there is difference of opinion on a lot of things in the administration. We actually chose administrators intentionally so there would be a difference in opinion because it's helpful for borderline cases such as posts which could go either way on ban/don't ban.

If I DIDN'T get a few groans from administrators in this topic I'd be far more concerned.

Okay, I could understand putting the different Releases categories into subforums, but Video Games? Come on. That's just really pathetic. That's basically doing the same thing as this:

OnlyABadDesignerWouldDoThis.png

There's no reason to make the user go through an extra step if it's just a single item. All it does is force the user to perform more menu surfing. I don't see any point to relegating one lone item into a submenu like that. If you have a rational explanation for this, then please clue me in, but I'm having a really hard time trying to come up with one myself.
Except there's no extra step. Just click the link under the parent forum on the main list, and you go right into that subforum.

Well, I never said I disliked the new look, it is just the lack of previous discussion pisses me of =P And yourself said that you knew that the majority of the forum would say "no"

And no, I will not create a forum because I lack time, money and care to do it. Plus, I don't think I would be a good admin. I'm only complaining because i've seen way better ways of administrating other than yours. My individual opinion is worthless, and would only matter if people did agree with me.

That's clearly not the case, so I will just stop arguing :]

It actually surprises me that you're making such a big deal of this quite minor change, when we never actually discussed with you guys moving to vBulletin, really. We had a lengthy discussion in the Staff Lounge but didn't ask you guys anything at all. :3

I think you have your priorities in a muddle a bit, there. =P

Actually, a lot of us already knew we were moving to new software, but for a time it was just assumed to be MyBB.

Then again, I... don't think you asked us about that either.

So? VB is just better and a little bit uglier than the older software. No big deal. The default skin is awful however X_X

And as BW said, I was expecting this change already for a LONG time, everybody hated the other outdated software (PHPBB2, right?)

The majority of the forum would say "No" to any change, no matter what the benefit is. If I had a poll to determine if we should give out free candy on registration, you can bet that somehow it would still get voted down by the forum.

Nobody likes change.

Well, no ****. Anybody who could vote is already screwed out of candy, having already registered.

Chaos Twilight? Really? It's both bad and canned.

Anyways, I like the new system as it is. I don't have any problems with the subforums either.

Also, Mystic Realm is already getting ported. :p

The new system is getting better, since I guess we're all getting used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back