Virtual Console Games you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, Yoshi's Island may very well be the apex of all platformers (with the DS version putting that to shame). I'd add it to my list, but Tetris Attack does take priority there, to the extent where I will not even think about touching my saved 800 Wii points.

Games I want to appear on the virtual console:

super mario rpg

the legend of zelda majora's mask

earthbound series

nights

sonic jam

The reason I didn't say yoshi's island is because I already have it.

Who needs the virtual console when you've got an emulator!!!

That should be my sig.....

Crazygamerx6 said:
Ice said:

... but emulators are illegal and takes money from sega/nintendo. :/

No, the emulators themselves are not illegal. ROMs of copyrighted games, on the other hand, are. Nintendo makes use of emulation for the Virtual Console, so you can bet they wouldn't be doing it if it was illegal.

Boinciel said:
Crazygamerx6 said:
Ice said:

... but emulators are illegal and takes money from sega/nintendo. :/

No, the emulators themselves are not illegal. ROMs of copyrighted games, on the other hand, are. Nintendo makes use of emulation for the Virtual Console, so you can bet they wouldn't be doing it if it was illegal.
Oh okay, then he can use the emulator then, without copyrighted ROMs. So whats he gonna play?

I thought so. Theres no point in actually getting a Emulator, since there are only a handful of non-copyrighted games that are good.

Nintendo has right to the games. They obviously asked Sega for the Genesis ROMs, or at least, to sell them via Wii VC

And on another related notes, the bios for emulators are illegal. Of course, ROMs and bios are legal if you actually payed money for the game/console.

Yes, I believe it is legal to have a rom of a game you actually own. Say I buy Super Mario World for the SNES, but I want to use the rom to make a hack of the game. I think that is legal.

And if memory serves me well, you can also download an illegal rom and if you delete it within the next 24 hours, it isn't illegal.

Or something like that...

Yes, I believe it is legal to have a rom of a game you actually own. Say I buy Super Mario World for the SNES, but I want to use the rom to make a hack of the game. I think that is legal.

And if memory serves me well, you can also download an illegal rom and if you delete it within the next 24 hours, it isn't illegal.

Or something like that...

Orly? I'd like to go look up a little bit on that law. If that's true, and they didn't close the loopholes, we could download the ROM, delete later, redownload, etc.

Anyways, back to talking about virtual console.

Com said:

Most software licenses entitle you to one back-up copy. However, you are not allowed to use both the real copy and the back-up copy at the same time.

Com said:

That is largely incorrect. It's illegal from the moment you get the ROM. I don't know who came up with that rumor, but it's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back