Ultimate Zone Builder

Ultimate Zone Builder 0.7c

I believe you'll have to go into UZB's install folder, navigate to the /Compiles/Nodebuilders/ subfolder, and then edit zdbsp.cfg to remove the .exe suffix in the program = "zdbsp.exe"; line.

Thanks for the advice! I went into the cfg file you mentioned and removed ".exe" from the suffix. However, attempting to build nodes throws up this new error:

1709638858715.png

I can't find a way to get the window to show the full error message, sorry. I figured it might help if I renamed the program to remove the .exe suffix from there too, but doing that just causes the "failed to build the expected data structures" error from my last message to pop up.

Thanks for the advice! I went into the cfg file you mentioned and removed ".exe" from the suffix. However, attempting to build nodes throws up this new error:

I can't find a way to get the window to show the full error message, sorry. I figured it might help if I renamed the program to remove the .exe suffix from there too, but doing that just causes the "failed to build the expected data structures" error from my last message to pop up.
Hmm... you might have to compile ZDBSP yourself or find a version that works on Linux, place it in the /Compiles/Nodebuilders/ subfolder and then make the config point to it. Seems like somebody else had a similar issue but with UDB.

Apologies for the vague instructions, I personally have no experience with Linux, so I'm just relaying whatever information I can find.

Hmm... you might have to compile ZDBSP yourself or find a version that works on Linux, place it in the /Compiles/Nodebuilders/ subfolder and then make the config point to it. Seems like somebody else had a similar issue but with UDB.

Apologies for the vague instructions, I personally have no experience with Linux, so I'm just relaying whatever information I can find.
No problem! I'm happy for your suggestions anyway. I appreciate the team providing a bespoke Linux version at all, even if it's not perfect.

I just got and opened this up, but when I try to test I get a message about it accessing memory files where it shouldn't. I put SRB2 in a folder within my Documents folder. Regular Zone Builder works just fine though.
1712502834690.png

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back