Twins' Alternate Shield Abilities

Twins' Alternate Shield Abilities v1.1

Twins'R'Okay

Mid-tier Pixel Artist
Twins'R'Okay submitted a new resource:

Twins' Alternate Shield Abilities - ayyyyyyyyyy these shields kinda suck in the vanilla game lmoa

(if you wish to reuse this in any way shape or form, you're gonna have to ask for permission first, you can do this my pm-ing me on the mb or dm-ing me on discord (Twins'R'Okay#5238))

My first lua script lmao.

This script replaces the three shield abilities I personally find the least useful in the vanilla game with something cooler. :threat:

Force Shield Ability:
Force Switch
Press the button to reserve your current falling speed, gives you a little extra height on top of...

Read more about this resource...

Couple of bugs/oversights I found as well as some thoughts on some of the shields.

-The Armageddon Shield seems to be completely broken right now, as no matter how long or short you charge it it will just completely fling you into the stratosphere, eat your shield, and then finally let you down. I would give my thoughts on it but as of right now I'm not able to use it as it was originally intended.
srb20011.gif

-The Elemental Shield seems to have not been adjusted to the underwater physics correctly as you can get an absurd amount of speed and height when using it underwater, would recommend to just make it equal to how it works out of water. As well its just a bit too strong right now, as it basically has the effects of both the Bubble Shield and the Fire Shield thus completely invalidating them, you should probably nerf it to where its a nice middle ground in between them instead of being better than both.
srb20013.gif

-The Force shield doesn't have anything particularly wrong or broken with it but I will say the height gain you get from it is kinda weak, personally I would have a stronger boost in height if both layers of the shield are intact and make only the first layer of shield have the height boost it has now.

-Edit: Found this wild bug with the Elemental Shield with the Techno Hill goop, you can just keep spamming the shield in the goop and can do crazy stuff like this

srb20012.gif

Last edited:
Couple of bugs/oversights I found as well as some thoughts on some of the shields.

-The Armageddon Shield seems to be completely broken right now, as no matter how long or short you charge it it will just completely fling you into the stratosphere, eat your shield, and then finally let you down. I would give my thoughts on it but as of right now I'm not able to use it as it was originally intended.
View attachment 50135

-The Elemental Shield seems to have not been adjusted to the underwater physics correctly as you can get an absurd amount of speed and height when using it underwater, would recommend to just make it equal to how it works out of water. As well its just a bit too strong right now, as it basically has the effects of both the Bubble Shield and the Fire Shield thus completely invalidating them, you should probably nerf it to where its a nice middle ground in between them instead of being better than both.
View attachment 50136

-The Force shield doesn't have anything particularly wrong or broken with it but I will say the height gain you get from it is kinda weak, personally I would have a stronger boost in height if both layers of the shield are intact and make only the first layer of shield have the height boost it has now.

-Edit: Found this wild bug with the Elemental Shield with the Techno Hill goop, you can just keep spamming the shield in the goop and can do crazy stuff like this

View attachment 50155
I did notice the first too, and if you even have a few mods, the Armageddon Shield will have a risky chance of closing your game. Personally, the bounce I don't mind, and I especially don't mind the goop glitch, cause it reminds me of Pointy Sonic!

This is REALLY good for someone's first lua script, I like the concept of taking some of the shields and making them either stronger or more useful for many different situations.

Found some more bugs and a consistent crash.

If you hold spin after doing an initial bounce with the Elemental Shield it seems to just exponentially add more and more speed with each bounce while still retaining the lack of control state while spinning.

srb20014.gif

Edit: When Double Jumping with the Force Shield even though it visually looks like you're in the jumping state you still get hit when trying to land on badniks
Edit 2: Did some more testing and this even applies to the Armageddon Shield after doing a Charged Thok!
srb20015.gif

In GFZ1 if you have an Armageddon Shield out when going through the tunnel near the end of the act the game will consistently crash and give this message:
Process killed by signal
SIGSEV - segment violation

Other than those quirks the actual changes made to the update are great. And now that im able to use it, the Armageddon shield is pretty solid!
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back