Tiny 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also just don't look very good, to be honest. I don't want our graphics to look that dramatically unprofessional, especially when we can just not worry about it because special stages are weird and break the rules anyways.

What follows is "Time attack" mode. Except, well, "Time" attack no longer fit since it's no longer just for obtaining times, so it's called "Record" attack mode.

ra1.png
ra2.png

ra3.png
ra4.png

The Guest option is meant for sharing replays with each other, for example for what is now the Official Time Attack Records topic. If you want to submit a record, you save it as a guest replay and upload it somewhere. Other people can then download it, put it in their replay folder and access it as the guest replay. Then they can watch it and use it as a ghost.

Not much. Replays are just recordings of your movements in the stage, not movies or anything. Look at how tiny your replays for time attack are now.

All the new Time Record Attack stuff looks like it'll be a fun distraction.

But I can't help but wonder, was the replay desyncing problem ever fixed?

Ghosts cannot be implemented with input log replays, because then they'll invariably screw up if the player changes the status quo (for instance, causes an enemy to move) or screw the player up (for instance, by collapsing a vital platform), so I'm assuming replays have been completely rewritten to instead record everything about the player at every moment (position, direction, animation frame, etc.) If this is true, then I'm interested in how you've prevented someone from cheating and creating impossible replays. You did think about that, right?

JTE's system uses a combination of both, if I'm not mistaken. The position and angle of the player on every frame, along with button input, is stored. When the replay is opened for ghost data, the position and angle data are used to draw the ghost's position. When you're playing back the replay on its own, it uses the button inputs like before, while also checking the position data to make sure it matches with the result of the current input.

Yes, this means demo files will be larger, but not too terribly much. 25kb for a ~1:15 replay isn't too bad.

The replay data also contains your user name, character skin, color, and all of the skin's stats, so technically you can make a thokking Knuckles replay by hacking a Sonic replay (literally replacing the string that says 'sonic' with 'knuckles' and 'blue' with 'red'), but for anyone looking to verify a ghost's legitimacy, all the information should be there...

If it desyncs while you're watching it for any reason, it'll spam the console, and we fixed the old desync problems so it should never happen, even in ERZ2 and boss maps. So just reset the header to the character's correct stats and the rest of the replay will scream at you.

Does the new system also fix analog replays? If I remember correctly, the replays didn't show right (maybe because of me using camera rotation buttons, not sure).

Does the new system also fix analog replays? If I remember correctly, the replays didn't show right (maybe because of me using camera rotation buttons, not sure).
I remember analog mode messing up the playback of replays that werent analog(or analog replays messing up playback of non-analog mode replays) too.

Score attack sounds great. But do you make official score- and ring attack page too? And if you do it, Is the ring attack something like this: "265 rings in 1:12.34" wins "265 rings in 2:34.56. I have to ask another question too. Can map pack makers make specials stages like nowadays in 2.1?

Err...

Not to sound offensive or anything, but you do realize that it's been a year since this topic had a new reply, right?

I suggest you wait for the next update to see it for yourself. It should be released somewhere this year... I hope...

Last edited:
But do you make official score- and ring attack page too?
There will be an official record attack page where you can post records for all three.

And if you do it, Is the ring attack something like this: "265 rings in 1:12.34" wins "265 rings in 2:34.56.
No, I think it's just the overall number of rings you carry to the end sign, regardless of time.

I have to ask another question too. Can map pack makers make specials stages like nowadays in 2.1?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back