Tiny 2.1 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think it's just the overall number of rings you carry to the end sign, regardless of time.
The problem is there's a finite amount of rings in each stage, and it certainly won't be long until more than one person gets all the rings in say, GFZ1. If both me and my friend can both end a stage with all 174 rings, but I take one minute and he takes 50 seconds, then he should quite obviously get first place on the leaderboard, not me.

(Score is technically also finite and "solvable", but being that the max score involves "bouncing on as many enemies in a row as the stage geography allows" ties will be much more uncommon, so time isn't as important here.)

Sorry for bumping, I MIGHT actually get tempbanned for this (i guess).
I have a question (NOT ABOUT THE NETCODE) about replay attack.
Can you share your ghosts ingame and receive them ingame too (directly from the Record Attack screen) or you'll have to pass somewhere to get them (MB for exemple)?

That guy was banned for ban evasion, not for bringing up the netcode, you know.

There is not an in-game method of distributing the ghosts. You will have to move their replay file into the appropriate directory if you want to face someone else's ghost.

When we bringed up this topic, I have a couple of questions around Multiplayer.

Will there be ghosts also for Circuit maps and unlockable maps?
If the ghosts would be also availible for Multiplayer, could the host generate it as an "Autopilot"? In Co-Op for instance, if the host is AFK but doesn't want to have the playersforexit on one.

The ghosts will be available for unlockable maps, but not for circuit in the default EXE. You are free to make a trivial mod to change that, though.

The ghosts only exist in Record Attack, which is single-player only.

Will it be possible to race a hoarde of ghosts, as in an unlimited amount?
It would also be neat if each of them could be able to have a set username (The name of player 1 when recording)
And perhaps have each ghost have it's own distinct colour so you know which is which.
This would actually make time trialing more fun, battling against the ghosts of lots of famous players around the world and see how they do against each other.
It would also make racing tournaments, if any, more viable, in fact more practical than match or CTF ones.
Not to be too much of a bother, but, is any of this which I hope going to be in ghosts?

Greenflower Zone now includes a portal to the Sonic Ballroom, a secret stage where Eggman puts on an evening dress and a top hat, becoming Eggwoman. Sonic ditches his trademark red sneakers and dons polished black leather shoes. Eggwoman asks Sonic to dance with him, and Sonic obliges. The rest of the stage is played out as one continuous quick-time-event. Sonic has to keep on his toes to refrain from stepping on Eggwoman's!

Okay, someone give me amnesia.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Will it be possible to race a hoarde of ghosts, as in an unlimited amount?
It would also be neat if each of them could be able to have a set username (The name of player 1 when recording)
And perhaps have each ghost have it's own distinct colour so you know which is which.
This would actually make time trialing more fun, battling against the ghosts of lots of famous players around the world and see how they do against each other.
It would also make racing tournaments, if any, more viable, in fact more practical than match or CTF ones.
Not to be too much of a bother, but, is any of this which I hope going to be in ghosts?

Really??? :D I bet there will be millions of ghosts to race......... (There's not even nearly as many players, I think) but will having like, 20000 time trial ghosts racing against each other cause extreme FPS drops/crashes? Unlimited amounts of ghosts would be crazy, but that would cause a lot of lag, maybe even on the fastest computer of our time! It needs to be a reasonable amount. Also, we should be able to choose which ghosts to race.

It will display a max of thirteen replays at once. It saves your best time, score, and ring total on a map, per character as MAPxx-character-time-best.lmp, MAPxx-character-score-best.lmp, and MAPxx-character-rings-best.lmp. It also saves your last attempt, per character as MAPxx-character-last.lmp. This gets overwritten each new attempt, even if you abort it, kinda like how log.txt gets overwritten every time you load the game. Finally, if you save a replay as a guest, it makes a copy of that replay called MAPxx-guest.lmp.

Each of the replays will be displayed as a ghost in-game at once, and if you want you can choose to have it show the replay for all characters instead of just the character you're playing (by default it only shows you the character you're currently using). If you want you can also choose to disable the specific replays you don't want to see. Finally, just like before, you can choose to see the replay from the menu just like you can currently.

The ghosts will be available for unlockable maps, but not for circuit in the default EXE. You are free to make a trivial mod to change that, though.

The ghosts only exist in Record Attack, which is single-player only.

Shame. It'd be real cool if you could Record Attack on circuit maps too.

I think Mystic is trying to quietly sweep Circuit under the rug and then delete the entire gametype once people have forgotten about it ever existing, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I have an interesting question, even though Chaos mode is defunct, can record attack be used to create a new version of it?

I ask as I intend to use it for the Chaos mode simulation in SRB2 the Past.

I don't think it's going to work, not with SRB2 Riders, SRB2 kart, and Srb2 The Past's Race exhibit.

What does SRB2kart even have to do with circuit? And as for the other two, hardly anyone plays them or cares about them.

My gosh, I'm gone for two years and then I come back to see THIS?!

0_0 I should disappear for long periods of time more often. Coming back to surprises like this is amazing.

Seriously, all the special stages are now going to be NIGHTS stages?! This makes my day, week, month and almost my YEAR.

Wait, hang on did I post in the wrong topic or something? *facepalm*

This...is talking about the most recent update that's coming along...right?

EDIT: According to a quick forum sweep, 2.1 is the next upcoming update...*phew* Ok, I'm not a total idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back