This entire site is falling apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish hook

(Probaly in the wrong forum, but oh well)
And its all down to cranky/strict moderators.
Ban me if you will, I don't care. I just need to get this out.
Sonict lock a SatSR topic for 'stupidity'. What I read was not stupid. It was a great idea. And with the right people, it would be a reality. But, like I said, it fot locked for stupidity.
Then there as my topic, about a POSSIBLE new character who I have NOT started making. I gave all the proof I needed, which was a picture I drew. I wanted to see if she would be good enough for the forums people. Then Furious Fox locks it saying I have no proof of progress! Why would I have proof that I was making a character that I hadn't started making?
A few days ago I was tempbanned for 'back-seat modding'. A stupdi topic had onpen up and I make a small joke 'Lock....Locked...LOCKED!! Why wont the magic words work?'. That is a joke. Yet I gt tempbanned for 'backseat modding' Joking and modding is, as far as I know, VERY different.
I would list more, but then this post would start to get to big.
I'm not trying to start a flame war or spam or any other stupid excuse you can say to ban me. I'm just giving my opinon of how I feel this place is getting out of hand.

EDIT - I might delete this post as it wuld probaly be locked for 'Stupidity'.

Would you rather they just didn't do their job, and just let the forums do whatever? Yeah, well, I dunno about you, but I dislike Hell.

While yes, I do occasionally disagree with a lock, or a ban, and sometimes just wording, they really HAVE to be this strict, otherwise this place becomes a horrid cesspool.

As for the proof of progress rule, ideas, and drawings aren't good enough anymore. You need an actual sprite, or a download link, or something. Just text doesn't cut it, and neither will a picture that has nothing to do with the WAD itself.

I had no proof as I haddn't started making her yet.
I refuse to make a character just for it to be shunned by everyone. That would be a total waste of time. Add one to that that I'm now incharge of Dude_'s Ultimatewad, that would be a total waste of time.
I wold rather make a good character while slowing down on UW than a rudish one.

Fish hook said:
I had no proof as I haddn't started making her yet.

Exactly. That's the whole point! You're not supposed to start topics for projects you haven't begun actual work on, because, the majority of the time these never get finished! Come on, use some logic!

Same. Locking a post for olny having writing is one thing, but with a picture that took weeks to make just of this? (go look at my post in editing.)
That pic was made just for a time like this.

Fish hook said:
Sonict lock a SatSR topic for 'stupidity'. What I read was not stupid. It was a great idea. And with the right people, it would be a reality. But, like I said, it fot locked for stupidity.
The reason I said is it stupid is because the poster is stupid. He has horrible grammar, advertised that topic in another thread and had no proof of work. Since he is stupid, I locked it. I guess I should have clarified what I meant.

Fish hook said:
A few days ago I was tempbanned for 'back-seat modding'. A stupdi topic had onpen up and I make a small joke 'Lock....Locked...LOCKED!! Why wont the magic words work?'. That is a joke. Yet I gt tempbanned for 'backseat modding' Joking and modding is, as far as I know, VERY different.

I was the one who reported you on that. The reason you can't even joke about it is because of a few reasons:

1) It is backseat moderating
2) It adds nothing to the topic
3) If you do that and we don't ban you for it, other people will think it is ok to do it when it isn't

We don't need people to tell us that they broke the rules, grammar, this topic will be locked because that is what the mods and admins are for. They deal with it and we don't need to deal with people saying it in a thread which is useless as it adds nothing to the discussion and multiple people are bound to tell the person the same thing which spams up the thread.

I hope you understand why we need to do this. If there were less noobs, the rules wouldn't need to be as strict as they are now.

Sonict

Sonict said:
The reason I said is it stupid is because the poster is stupid. He has horrible grammar, advertised that topic in another thread and had no proof of work. Since he is stupid, I locked it. I guess I should have clarified what I meant.

Umm, Sonict? That's not what "stupidity" refers to. It means stuff like, "I am the ruler of pie," or, "I want screenshots for a music WAD!" Not the breaking of several rules. You're just confusing people.

Well that explane alot, but I still think banning me for back-seat modding when I was joking around was a bit harsh. I have a brain disorder and can get REALLY hyper sometimes and thats when I over-joke, as I call it.

FoxBlitzz said:
Sonict said:

Umm, Sonict? That's not what "stupidity" refers to. It means stuff like, "I am the ruler of pie," or, "I want screenshots for a music WAD!" Not the breaking of several rules. You're just confusing people.

Oh, oops. I'll correct that post with the correct information. I guess I wasn't thinking then. Thanks, FoxBlitzz.

Sonict

It basically all boils down to that we can't allow one person to do something one time, because when we ban someone else about it they'll say OH BUT SO AND SO DID IT AND NOTHING HAPPENED TO HIM!!1!1!1(one)!1!!(!two)!!1!!(eightybillion)!1!!

DashFox2007 said:
Fish hook said:
I have a brain disorder.

Seriously?!
Ya. Not easy to live with.
And SSNTails, I see your point.
(this topic as lasted longer than I thought.)
But being banned for joking around is still an unswered question. How can anyone mix joking and backseat modding up?

Fish hook said:
Locked...locked....LOCKED... why wont the magic word work?
I COMAND THEE TO LOCK!!... they wont work...wah!
XD

Reread that post please. I also don't see Nitro complaining.

I see nothing wrong with that.
I command thee to lock!...
Nope nothing wrong with that.
Locked = Abrakadabra
I COMMAND THEE TO LOCK = I COMMAND THEE TO DISSAPEAR!

No.
Some idiot made an idiotic thead and I joked around using 'locked' as the magic words to lock a thread, seeing as that is always said, the topic locks.

"I just know this topic will get LOCKED soon"
*topic gets locked*

"This topic is just stupid. Locked."
*topic gets locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back