• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Sketchog Project

justasquare

uhhhh uhhmmmm uhhhhhgh i forgor
For my first and (probably) only addon I'm ever going to make, it's a Sonic the Sketchog character. Moveset ideas consist of a double jump (his second being less powerful than his first, and also both his jumps being pretty floaty), a wallkick (literally, there will be no wallslide meaning it cant be a walljump) and a 60 second cooldown'd small dash that can give a speed boost that leads into a dashmode until stopping (though if running into a wall he'll bonk and fly back, similar to Skip's).
I've got a few of his sprites, along with his CSS, already done. If you can take some time out of your day to make any suggestions on his moveset or sprites, I'd be happy to hear them! I'll post updates as infrequently as humanly possible.
image_2023-10-13_193942073.png

Post automatically merged:

btw i know that bonk with his dashmode is gonna be annoying as shit in linear levels so im gonna try to add a flag to specific walls that he CANT bonk on

Wow, this looks sick! This reminds of that Sketchhog Frontiers mod from awhile back and to see sprites for it is pretty sick! Hope the project goes well!

Wow, this looks sick! This reminds of that Sketchhog Frontiers mod from awhile back and to see sprites for it is pretty sick! Hope the project goes well!
oh yeah that frontiers mod was pretty cool
i wonder if itll get a super sonic 2 update

This looks awesome! you should maybe have the death animation be sketchog crumpling up like a piece of paper? You could take some inspiration from Paper Mario for some of the abilities since he is made of paper.

This looks awesome! you should maybe have the death animation be sketchog crumpling up like a piece of paper? You could take some inspiration from Paper Mario for some of the abilities since he is made of paper.
i dont plan to make sketchog paper mario based but if i ever do it'll just be a seperate character
and his death animation's gonna be directly based off of the one in the original game where he looks like hes gasping lol

now that i think of it i do need people who know how to use lua because i do not
hmmm

i dont plan to make sketchog paper mario based but if i ever do it'll just be a seperate character
and his death animation's gonna be directly based off of the one in the original game where he looks like hes gasping lol

now that i think of it i do need people who know how to use lua because i do not
hmmm
you know now that i think of it if i ever do that assuming i finish this to begin with i might as well just make a paper mario character since thats not a thing yet

Last edited:
  • Cool!
Reactions: JjJ
here's a concept for his super form!!! i'd add something else but i think i'll wait until november, it's got spoilers for a certain sonic frontiers thing
1697744482645.png

oh I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT! THAT WOULD SICK AF MAN!
i came to the realization that super sonic 2 isn't a spoiler since hes literally in the trailer soooo
Screenshot_20231023_082540.jpg

my ideas for super abilities is kinda dry tho
for regular super his jumps (walljump too) would just be higher

maybe a free flight mode for ss2?
but that'd be too similar to like every hyper sonic mod
hmm

i also should probably remake his shoes on every sprite

Untitled694_20231023091311.png
improvements i plan to make today
spines, shoes, maybe change teeth to an open mouth in hud

Last edited:
For my first and (probably) only addon I'm ever going to make, it's a Sonic the Sketchog character. Moveset ideas consist of a double jump (his second being less powerful than his first, and also both his jumps being pretty floaty), a wallkick (literally, there will be no wallslide meaning it cant be a walljump) and a 60 second cooldown'd small dash that can give a speed boost that leads into a dashmode until stopping (though if running into a wall he'll bonk and fly back, similar to Skip's).
I've got a few of his sprites, along with his CSS, already done. If you can take some time out of your day to make any suggestions on his moveset or sprites, I'd be happy to hear them! I'll post updates as infrequently as humanly possible.View attachment 102807

btw i know that bonk with his dashmode is gonna be annoying as shit in linear levels so im gonna try to add a flag to specific walls that he CANT bonk on
I really like how expressive the waiting animation is!

Although, something seems off with the life icon.

apologies for the lack of updates!! high school keeps me busy a lot

I really like how expressive the waiting animation is!

Although, something seems off with the life icon.
also yeah i plan to remake it

anyway don't mind me throws concept art

Attachments

• Untitled698_20231025112224.png
    Untitled698_20231025112224.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 78
Heya! I love this! I've made my own sketch hog mod I'm gonna be updating soon, making it more accurate to the source. THIS IS SICK MAN!

image_2023-12-05_202534712.png
image_2023-12-05_202544973.png
okay i might have
resprited him to look a little MORE accurate to the source material but this now begs the question
which one should i actually keep
im thinking a combination of both tbh
smaller head but keep the shoe and spine fixes

1701830619627.png
okay nevermind i had to balance them both out

Last edited:
I've got a few of his sprites, along with his CSS, already done. If you can take some time out of your day to make any suggestions on his moveset or sprites, I'd be happy to hear them! I'll post updates as infrequently as humanly possible.View attachment 102807

Any way you can keep the wait sprites the same because there so cute

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back