The SA1 question

well I understand something I know that the game has some problems such as cinematics, the Big story, some collision problems and that the The camera is not the best in the world but I repeat, they were very common problems in the era of the jump to 3d but I would understand that some would bother wit them

but this doesn't bother me at all I like this game
I like it too, but these problems can't be overseen (maybe the cutscenes, I love their jankiness). Sonic at the time was Mario's rival, and Super Mario 64 doesn't have these camera and collision problems. Even though I think SA1 is good, these are honest criticism, but I will say that these problems are exaggerated by the people who don't like it (specially in SA1).

saying "these were common problems at the time" doesn't make the game any better
yeah, specially when sonic at the time was in the same level as mario
Post automatically merged:

but I still don't think the game is bad because of these problems

saying "these were common problems at the time" doesn't make the game any better
You haven’t given any prominent examples of why it’s not a good game. I think it’s a good game because it was the first game in 3D and it still holds up today. SM64 is in the same boat. In fact, I’d say that SM64 is the worst 3D Mario and that’s simply because of its wonky mechanics, but it’s still a really good game.

And it is not necessary, I just say that something that I see repeated by many is not taking into account the year of creation before complaining about a game

You have to understand that video game standards change and it is not correct to judge a game from many years ago with today's standards.

Last edited:
You haven’t given any prominent examples of why it’s not a good game. I think it’s a good game because it was the first game in 3D and it still holds up today. SM64 is in the same boat. In fact, I’d say that SM64 is the worst 3D Mario and that’s simply because of its wonky mechanics, but it’s still a really good game.
it's not a good game, i just don't like it
the thing is, why do people get so mad when someone says they don't like sonic adventure?

also no, i don't care about fairness lmao
i judge my games based on whether i like 'em or not, new or old, don't matter
simple unga

I mean, it's kinda normal for the game to have problems like that. It was SEGA's first jump from 2D to 3D gaming, of course not everything went well but it still managed to come out successful in the end

for example
1622054967296.png

1622054987675.png

i judge my games based on whether i like 'em or not, new or old, don't matter
simple unga
That means you don't understand how this works. Your basically judging a game that's over 20 years old to how video games work now, it makes no sense on why you think that any old game should meet up to todays standards in the video game world.

That means you don't understand how this works. Your basically judging a game that's over 20 years old to how video games work now, it makes no sense on why you think that any old game should meet up to todays standards in the video game world.
bruh
i mostly play retro only
wtf is this "you're judging old games with modern standards"
no
just no

i'm judging them with my own standards

Then how the hell can you judge a 3D game if you mostly play 2D?
Honestly, dj_is_raiden got a point there. Games shouldn't be for specific demografics all the time. It should be fun for everybody

bruh
i mostly play retro only
wtf is this "you're judging old games with modern standards"
no
just no

i'm judging them with my own standards
That's fair enough. I just think a lot of Adventure fans became agressive towards people who don't like it because for a long time Sonic received undeserved hate

Alright here's what you can do, fully explain why you don't like the game, not just saying "It insists upon itself" or judging the game by your own standards. Fully explain the problems you have with this game. And maybe people can get a better understanding of why you don't like the game

Alright here's what you can do, fully explain why you don't like the game, not just saying "It insists upon itself" or judging the game by your own standards. Fully explain the problems you have with this game. And maybe people can get a better understanding of why you don't like the game
no, sorry
too lazy

i owe no explanations

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back