The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, people still watch Cartoon Network?

Regular Show, Adventure Time, and The Amazing World of Gumball.
Watch it and then say that to my face.
On MLP, is it bad to bitterly hate this show? I mean, aside from the girly nature of the show, the writing is just... bland. I didn't even laugh at all (well aside from Pinky Pie being a firecracker). I dunno, I saw it and I felt empty after watching it. I like sophisticated and random humor, but the show just lacks.

REGULAR SHOW: Cliché random humor.

ADVENTURE TIME: Same as Regular Show.

THE AMAZING WORLD OF GUMBALL: Same as both.

Yes, I have experimentally watched them before.

FINAL VERDICT: Cliché humor. Not funny. Don't like.

That's just my opinion, anyway.

Last edited:
On MLP, is it bad to bitterly hate this show? I mean, aside from the girly nature of the show, the writing is just... bland. I didn't even laugh at all (well aside from Pinky Pie being a firecracker). I dunno, I saw it and I felt empty after watching it. I like sophisticated and random humor, but the show just lacks.
It's not bad to hate it with reason, considering you gave it a fair shot, but it's stupid to go around flaunting your hate for, well, anything really. If anything, people will just label you as a closet brony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JB5-0fuHlg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wC8iAEO-pQ

Behold, a halloween episode. This may be relevant to your festive and themed interests.

74667%20-%20apple%20bedroom_eyes%20eating%20luna%20screencap%20season_2%20spoiler.jpg

That episode was enjoyable, no doubt about it. But it didn't compare to the hillarity of Lesson Zero for me. The ending also perplexed me, but for the most part this was a bucket of laughs. Excellent show indeed. Seeing Zecora again made me grin from ear to ear.

MLP S2E4 short verdict:

Halloween ftw
Too much fanservice
Awesome writing, awesome humour.
Everyone making fun of Twilight's costume reminds me of Homestar Runner's Halloween episodes
Weird animation oddities on Princess Luna.
Loving Luna's character development, but I miss her old hair style.
Also SPOT THE SEXUAL QUOTE. Kyrospawn's gonna have a field day with this episode.

Overall, great job.

That episode was enjoyable, no doubt about it. But it didn't compare to the hillarity of Lesson Zero for me. The ending also perplexed me, but for the most part this was a bucket of laughs. Excellent show indeed.
I reckon it was much better than Lesson Zero. I certainly enjoyed it more. While I had to re-watch the last episode out of confusion, this one I want to watch again because it was just that fun.

Last edited:
Since I got to watch it four times in a row this morning (wtf HUB?!) to actually get the feel out of it, I can say I liked it very much.
Also, isn't this airing again next weekend? I forgot.
EDIT: derp stupid question is stupid, of course it is.

Ok, I'll humor you. I've watched the first two. Regular Show was just boring, and Adventure Time was dumb. Let's move on now.

I absolutely adored Luna's new characterization. Fucking brilliant. I can't hate on any part of the episode, I just loved it to death.

Well, this episode was interesting.

I've never been sure of what I think of Halloween and all that, but ignoring that, the episode was pretty good.

It definitely had a few flaws, but it was overall enjoyable. Princess Luna's new personality was a big shocker to me. I guess it's because for so long I've been used to the personality the fanbase had made for, I was a bit disappointed at first. The key words being "at first". I'm actually really glad they did it the original way they did, even if it did seem a bit strange at first.

I have to agree with I'll Begin, though, it did seem like there was a lot of fanservice to me, even if I can't exactly point it out right now. Perhaps it was just the inclusion of Luna, Zecora, and Ditzy in one episode? I dunno.

Though the humor of the episode was spot on, I'm still a bit confused. The whole story seemed rushed and somewhat awkwardly built, and it left me wondering what was going on most of the time. Well, I'm going to be watching it again soon. I'll see if I understand it better then.

I'll Begin said:
Also SPOT THE SEXUAL QUOTE. Kyrospawn's gonna have a field day with this episode.

What? I must have missed that.

Still haven't finished the episode quite yet, but...

I dunno, Luna's kind of in the right to be kind of bitchy like that, since she came to Ponyville on what's basically Fuck You Princess Luna Day.

Then you just have your standards of what you find funny. Not everyone is going to like something. However random humor isn't always funny, it gets boring quick and hardly memorable. . .oh wait, kinda like Fred *snicker*

But really. . .we all just have standards; what we find interesting may not apply to anyone else.

So I heard you guys like Ponies and Online Video Games.

Here, enjoy.

Link

It's an MMORPG version of My Little Pony still in development.

There's one space open for a Programmer so eat it up.

P.S. You didn't hear it from me.

While I really liked seeing Luna again, I kinda think that it got a little clumsy at the ending (the story seemed to wander) and the moral didn't really feel as relevant to the events that took place in the episode as it should have. I liked Lesson Zero much more, that said I do like seeing that Luna's grown a bit, and Pinkie was just a riot. Pip was so cute.

The concept of Luna trying to make friends but being too forceful about it is appropriate for the character, but really is trite. The subject of this episode isn't as fresh as I'm used to seeing out of MLP

Liked it overall though.

Then you just have your standards of what you find funny. Not everyone is going to like something. However random humor isn't always funny, it gets boring quick and hardly memorable. . .oh wait, kinda like Fred *snicker*

But really. . .we all just have standards; what we find interesting may not apply to anyone else.
I know it's not always funny. Shows like Ren & Stimpy and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy perfected it to a T. Fred is awfull, BTW. Anyway, what is a closet Brony.

Anyway, what is a closet Brony.

One who knows they like MLP but out right refuses to reveal it to others in regards to personal reasons (Fear of being rejected and humiliated by others due to watching was is apparently a girl's cartoon, insecurity, etc).

So I was wondering if I should post this or what-not, but... eh... it's a Pony Thread, so might as well...

So... I was at Walgreens getting stuff and I noticed this...
mlpfimderp.png

*I posted this one in 'fun a few days ago? And seeing as I had to run into Walgreens again for Cat/Dog Food... I checked again and saw this...*
mlpfimderp2.png

Funny how my cellphone camera made a clear image with Fluttershy, but the camera for some reason gave me a bad picture for Pinkie Pie. Oh and there wasn't any others, just these 2. 3 Pinkie Pies and 2 Fluttershys was all there was for now.

I think I'll leave this here as well... although I did get a few laughs with some of the models spazzing out, although you all might of already seen it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back