• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Max Control continues...

for an idea, how about for metal, he does the momentum thok but hovers during it, and gets more momentum then mc sonic

Started work on basic Hyper MCAmy stuff:
srb20217.gif
dang,already looking good

yo, you think metal will get the black shield? having that much momentum building could be busted but fun af.

Current planned roster:
MCSonic - Done, other than potential tweaks.
MCTails - Lack of ideas.
MCKnuckles - I need to work more on ideas.
MCAmy - Shown above, in progress right now.
MCFang - I have a few ideas, so this might come along.
MCMetal - This was the second Max Control character to begin to be conceptualized, and I might be onto something currently. Likely to be 3rd.

Might add tag-team support amongst the series eventually, and I have ideas for that, so that'll be interesting.
I want to give you some ideas for MCTails and MCKnuckles
MCTAILS
Spin During Flight: Flight Cancel

Just curl into a ball and drop out of a flight state.

Custom 1: Tail Swipe
Like ERROR said earlier, the tailswipe could have a motion trail from Sonic Megamix. It could be used as a double jump in the air at the cost of its range and being able to fly. On the flipside, it's range could be increased with Dashmode.

Custom 1 During A Full Spindash: Super Jump
When MCTails reaches his max spindash state, he could be able to convert the energy into a jump. It would be slightly higher than MCSonic's 3rd Bounce and could possibly be able to break breakable floors from below.

MCKNUCKLES
Spin in Air: Drill Drive
Anyone who has played Megamix Mania probably will recognize this move. MCKnuckles dives down and creates a shockwave upon landing. It can also break breakable floors, the shockwave could destroy spikes, and can be used while gliding.

Custom 1: Dash Punch
MCKnuckles dashes forward and punches. It could break breakable walls and destroy spikes.

Custom 1 in Air: Spiral Attack
It's essentially an aerial and more momentum friendly version of the Dash Punch, so it'll probably share a lot of its characteristics. MCKnuckles could probably use this on ground when he's in Dashmode.

Spin While Clinging to a Wall: Dash Climb
MCKnuckles is able to do a spindash while clinging on a wall like in Advance 3. However, it'll come with the cost of a lack of control and losing height while it's charging.
Admittedly, these are only the ideas of someone with a bit too much time on his hands, so feel free to ingore them. These are just my ideas on how a MCTails or MCKnuckles could be made.

Last edited:
Maybe MCTails' moveset could have a few items from Tails' Adventure? Like the ability to throw bombs/use the Sea Fox?

MCTails was in dev, and I have plenty of plans, actually!

I got like 75% of him coded and was working on his aerial Tail Swipe before progress halted.

Double Jump - Flight.
This is actually altered quite a bit in the following ways:
- Hold-fly.
- Less time to fly.
- Your height comes at the expense of your speed to a point.

Pressing just spin during flight works like SRB2 and gives you speed again, but pressing both Jump AND Spin at the same time cancels the Flight and actually acts also like a sorta double jump. From here you can do basically anything BUT fly again.

Pressing Spin after a jump otherwise performs the Tail Swipe, which sprays out projectiles, gives you a slight height boost, and if you do it into walls, you do a wall bonk that you can fly out of. It also serves as the local Insta-Shield. Holding Spin through it will trigger a Drop Dash.

Custom 1 mid-air triggers a Down Twirl, acting similar to MCAmy's Cyclone Drill in a sense.

You can also air-roll into a similar state to the wall bonk, meaning you can fly out of an Air Roll.

Shields work akin to MCAmy, he ALSO has the usual Dashmode, Super and Hyper plans are in progress, there's potential ideas for a grounded Tail Swipe akin to it's functionality in SA1 whilst having the Rhythm Badge.

Last edited:
-Hold Fly

You already sold me

I really don't like having to mash to fly for vanilla Tails

MCTails was in dev, and I have plenty of plans, actually!

I got like 75% of him coded and was working on his aerial Tail Swipe before progress halted.

Double Jump - Flight.
This is actually altered quite a bit in the following ways:
- Hold-fly.
- Less time to fly.
- Your height comes at the expense of your speed to a point.

Pressing just spin during flight works like SRB2 and gives you speed again, but pressing both Jump AND Spin at the same time cancels the Flight and actually acts also like a sorta double jump. From here you can do basically anything BUT fly again.

Pressing Spin after a jump otherwise performs the Tail Swipe, which sprays out projectiles, gives you a slight height boost, and if you do it into walls, you do a wall bonk that you can fly out of. It also serves as the local Insta-Shield. Holding Spin through it will trigger a Drop Dash.

Custom 1 mid-air triggers a Down Twirl, acting similar to MCAmy's Cyclone Drill in a sense.

You can also air-roll into a similar state to the wall bonk, meaning you can fly out of an Air Roll.

Shields work akin to MCAmy, he ALSO has the usual Dashmode, Super and Hyper plans are in progress, there's potential ideas for a grounded Tail Swipe akin to it's functionality in SA1 whilst having the Rhythm Badge.
Ooh!! Noice!!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back