The KanzakiPak

The KanzakiPak 4.0

achiiDev

That "Guy"
Welcome to releases! I thought this was a pretty cool map especially with the blue spheres and the overall theme of the level. Can't wait to see more maps if you are planning more.

ShihoAJoke updated Outset Broadcast with a new update entry:

Alot of "Minor changes"

Updated to v1.1...
  • Adjusted the dark rooms's signs to make it more visible for players..
  • Added a couple of horizontal springs at the last dark room.
  • Red sneaker panels has been replaced with green ones for consistency.
  • A lot of "minor" changes to the visuals.
  • Reshaped the bottom path.
  • Moved the bottom path's yellow horizontal springs to prevent trapping players.
  • Some GFX changes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

ShihoAJoke updated Outset Broadcast with a new update entry:

The Kanzaki Pak - Blooming Awakens

Hiya mates, I just recently made a new stage but instead of making another addon thread, i decided to turn this addon into a pack.
  • The addon is now called KanzakiPak.
  • Small changes in files within the addon...
  • Added a new stage - Sakura Serenity Zone
    (a stage taking place at the mountains filled with bamboos and surrounded by cherry trees...)
    View attachment 61723

ShihoAJoke updated The KanzakiPak with a new update entry:

The Kanzaki Pak - S.S Dolphin has landed!

Hey everyone, I have come to bring you an update (that I'm actually proud of it!).
  • Sakura Serenity Zone is now a 3-lap race
  • Brand new Blue Spheres sprites!
  • The pack will use it's on dedicated color palette
  • Added a new stage - Mayship Marine Zone
    (A stage taking place on a sea base of operation under the bright sky, arrived via ... Dolphin Airship!?)
    View attachment 71414View attachment 71413

What happens when the Blue Spheres conflict anyway? I won't mind putting them together depending on what happens.

I don't know if you know already, but I can't read the full entry for some reason.
Post automatically merged:

Sad to see blue spheres gone, but at least I can run it with Ivo now. The texture was really good too so if the problems do get fixed or the spheres get updated, it would be a waste to leave the old maps without them. Though I do like actually being able to appreciate the maps over seeing spheres everywhere so I'll probably will run without.

I don't know if you know already, but I can't read the full entry for some reason.
Post automatically merged:

Sad to see blue spheres gone, but at least I can run it with Ivo now. The texture was really good too so if the problems do get fixed or the spheres get updated, it would be a waste to leave the old maps without them. Though I do like actually being able to appreciate the maps over seeing spheres everywhere so I'll probably will run without.
Weird, it's still updated... I thought I canceled it.

Anyway, forgive me but the update has been removed by me while it was still waiting for approval.
It was removed because the new level needed more time in the oven due to a bunch of feedback coming during testing.

Also, as it said in the quotes you saw, I removed it cause it wasn't needed at all now as I grew to make levels without them.

A Quick Update Preview.

Hey everyone, been a while huh?

For those who aren't aware, an unfinished update managed to go through as I rejected and canceled it while it was still in Approval Queue and Let's just say I wasn't having the best reaction to that (Esp. when it was like that for a literal month) and I asked the MB moderators to hide the entire addon in limbo till the update is ready.

Of course, that didn't happened and the Judges asked me to just reupload the old ver. back as there's no way to revert back...

2.1 - Bugfixes

Hey, I got an update for you but it's nothing special. It's just a bunch of Bugfixes which includes fixing the Blue Sphere clashing Ivo Industries's.

• (MAJOR) Fixed the blue spheres from clashing with Ivo Industries's Blue Spheres
  • Replaced some textures for Outset Broadcast
  • Added Signs for Sakura Serenity to make it less confusing to navigate through
  • Lowered the ramp spring at the beginning of Mayship Marine
  • Extends Mayship...

KanzakiPak v3 - I'm HERE

Hey, it's been a while since I update this and even more for releasing new levels. Well, finally I decided to crawl out from my basement and release this thing (That "to be honest" has been on my hard drive).

• Sakura Serenity Zone has received a major revamp with new textures, new level design (thanks to the new stuff that I'll go into later) and whole new facelift with a new music.

View attachment 79248

• Added a new stage - Steampunk Garden...

Hi. Cool update! I was wondering, is it intended the MapIDs has been switched around? This conflicts with servers using stattracker as well as leaderboard, since the old records will now appear on the new maps. Example W0 was used by an old map in v2 but is now used by the new map in v3. If this was fully intended I'll look into moving the records over or just wiping them I suppose.

I wanted to hop in and give some feedback to the maps in this pack, based on what I've played. In particular, I noticed some odd quirks with three tracks in particular: Steampunk Garden, Mayship Marine, and Molten Mankind.

kart0011.gif

Some of the map's geometry does a poor job at signaling the road ahead. The way this area is constructed, depending on the player and if you're not paying attention to the minimap, can be signaled as a sharp U-turn instead of a 90-degree turn.
kart0012.gif

Something similar happens here, as the fence blends in with the bright blue castle wall and you can interpret the large arches in the background as the way forwards. The signage doesn't always help either, as I've seen uses where it signals upcoming turns instead if the turns right as they happen (and some players don't always follow them when traversing the track).
kart0008.gif

If you attempt to sneaker off this ramp, you'll be met with a table out of nowhere. Said table can also trap players that get wedged behind it and the surrounding fountain.

To start, I think there are too many lamps and flags scattered on the track's drivable areas- especially since it's not obvious that they can be driven through on a first run. Maybe keep some as a guide to help with certain turns, like the candles in the Kart R version of Toxic Palace.
kart0001.png

Moving onto the layout, I would make these wind gusts semi-transparent, as it ends up obstructing the track--this one turn for example, quite a bit.
kart0013.gif

This death pit on the second dive into the water is almost blind, and the following respawn position is pretty harsh.
kart0010.gif

And speaking of the second dive, this ramp can be pretty brutal to recover from if you slip or get knocked off. I would probably suggest putting up some kind of barricade to stop players from falling behind should they drive off.
kart0000.png

This door that comes up after the ramp I mentioned above can signal players into driving into it, especially when the road ahead doesn't immediately come into view until drivers reach the peak of the incline. Since it serves no purpose and (to my knowledge) doesn't open into a temporary shortcut, I would remove it from the map.

kart0017.gif

I didn't notice as many things with this map as I did with Mayship, though some of the slopes and terrain, in particular the small jump after the giant one at the start of the track and this small bump by this set of items in the bottom left are placed in a way that they obstruct part of the track up ahead.
kart0009.gif

The direction in which one approaches this turn before the finish could signal that the part directly to the left of the sign (and the right of the grey wall) is the intended path or a shortcut.
Overall this is a very nice and varied pack with some breathtakingly amazing visuals and music choices and they're a fun time when you get the layouts memorized. I also like the new spring sprites present throughout the pack and they open the venue up for some creative shortcuts (even if the best strategy is to avoid all the sideways ones). Hopefully you can fix some of these issues so more players can enjoy the tracks fully.

Last edited:
junioMitsuo updated The KanzakiPak with a new update entry:

KanzakiPak v4.

View attachment 87214

"I can't believe I worked ON 3 maps in a row~...."
*Sigh*
Anyway, I got 3 maps for you that I made out of FREAKING NOWHERE. (Seriously though, These 3 maps have a ton of quality putted into it in these times around)

• Added NEW STAGE! - Jade Garden Zone
    (A stage taking place on a beautiful green hills with winds blowing through windmills and bridges.)
    [ATTACH...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back