• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Chaos Jam: a map/lua collaboration (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabs

he/him
Sonic Team Junior

Now that Chaos mode has been released for a while, let's get some content made for it!

The Chaos Mode Jam is a 2 week long project, creating new chaos maps and enemies which will be compiled into a single addon. You're encouraged to post progress updates, show gifs, and ask for feedback in this thread. Once the deadline is near, I'll make a new thread for submissions, where you can simply drop your files in pk3 format.

Rules / how to participate:
- Submissions must include Chaos Mode content in the form of maps, enemies, bosses, or hazards
- You are encouraged to post progress updates in this thread, and exchange feedback with other creators
- Finished work should be posted in the submissions topic (which will be created next week) before Saturday, July 31st at 11:59 PM EST.
- Use pk3 files for your submissions.
- There is no limit on the amount of submissions one person can make, and no limit on team submissions!
- The final collab will be FULLY RESUABLE. Submitting any work to the Chaos Mode Jam means you agree that it will become fully reusable. That also means bugfixes and other changes can be made to the final compilation.

Chaos modding resources & guides:
- SRB2 Wiki documentation (includes level header guide and lua information)
- Text guide for chaos mapping
[ More to come soon ]

Last edited:
I've made a few things so I'll probs sort out the mess that it is and then make it a "tidy" PK3 or stuff for enemies that may not be balanced lmao, but someone suggested I should enter the stuff in the jam

1625634573920.png

WIP: Silver cascade, chaos edition. Not much completed yet, but I'm hoping to come up with some unique gimmicks for this stage. It's gonna have 2 custom music tracks
Act 1
Act 2

View attachment 48723

WIP: Silver cascade, chaos edition. Not much completed yet, but I'm hoping to come up with some unique gimmicks for this stage. It's gonna have 2 custom music tracks
Act 1
Act 2
Yooo that looks awesome dude! Still working on Zero Ring, I got like... 1/2 more rooms left and I gotta get the music started, then it should be good to go (testing-wise at least, haha). Turquoise Hill is just kinda.. sitting there, haven't figured out any unique gimmicks for it other than "smallest chaos stage" lol

Attachments

• srb20714.gif
    srb20714.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 162
  • srb20152.png
    srb20152.png
    724 KB · Views: 140
An entire Chaos Month. At this rate, maybe Chaos can be thrown back into the OLDC.

Jokes aside, I've spent today on completely remaking an old 1.08 Chaos map, trying to comply with the Map Guide while still somewhat accounting for the original map.
srb20511.gif
srb20512.gif
srb20515.gif

And a slightly newer gif because I changed the border
srb20517.gif

Just a bit of tweaking and whatnot..
I'll add in these two maps as a 'bonus' - An Iron Turret Reskin and Oribital Hanger with Chaos placements
Here's some images and gifs of stuff, mostly enemies
^Some reusable assets used - Behaviour for most is custom
srb20140.png

srb20176.gifsrb20185.gifsrb20187.gifsrb20181.gifsrb20182.gifsrb20188.gif

I FORGOT TO TURN THE HUD OFF FOR THEM ALL LMAO I'M SO BLIND
Yo what that actually looks really cool
But thank you! The revamp of the 1.08 map you're making looks pretty open, which seems like it'll be fun to shmoove around on! Badnik bouncing looks like it'll be in good supply!

oh right, forgot to post progress to this thread hehexd
whenever there's a new game mode, expect azure temple. also, decided not to make it an edit of the original map for once.
srb20154.png

Attachments

• srb20718.gif
    srb20718.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 89
  • srb20719.gif
    srb20719.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 113
Gonna just use this thread as both the submissions thread and a discussion thread. Simply attach your pk3 to a post in this thread before July 31st @ 11:59PM est.

One week left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back