• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

In future versions, isn't it Primordial Abyss Zone going to be called Genesis Abyss Zone?

Here's a preview of my version of FRZ1, it's still very incomplete

Attachments

• srb20552.gif
    srb20552.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 95
I wouldn't say it was a waste of time. You could take that idea and make the stage as a separate thing!

Because the placeholder sucks to play. It's very very luck based on whether or not you will be able to even get a hit in without getting stun-locked.

The plan was always to replace the current placeholder DWZ from the beginning.
I do imagine the new version of DWZ also have a new boss instead of the Egg Mobile X. Perhaps an idea I have for DWZ's new boss is the Egg Illuminati.

I do imagine the new version of DWZ also have a new boss instead of the Egg Mobile X. Perhaps an idea I have for DWZ's new boss is the Egg Illuminati.
We actually already have a boss planned for Dimension Warp. It even has a couple sprites and a bit of code, but nothing near a functional state atm, nor would I expect it to be finished any time soon

Because everyone likes a progress report: we've been working very hard to bring v0.3 to you all
srb20534.gif

Characters may now have custom life icons instead of just their continue icon, supporting both base form and super form.
By placing either a sprite called MRCLA0 (for base form) or one called MRXLA0 (for super form) with your character's base sprites, MRCE will use that sprite for the corresponding form instead of the continue sprite

The hud has also been improved for better compatibility with other hud mods, and was even given a console command to turn it off entirely

srb20538.gif

Non super characters will no longer be forced super in Dimension Warp, instead only receiving a super shield ala Sonic Heroes

srb20165.png

The Black Emerald will be used to display whether Hyper has been unlocked

srb20505.gif

srb20447.gif

Spatial Void and Flame Rift 2 have been completely remade. Because of this, Flame Rift once again has 3 acts, and the shrine can be found in act 2

The unlock process for hyper forms has begun to be extended. In order to access Inner Sanctum, one must find the 3 Elemental Temples hidden throughout the zones. From each, collect the Elemental Stone Key; which, with all 3 keys, grants access to the Temple of Light in Starlight Palace. Of the temples, only the Temple of Flames is actually existent, but the others have placeholders roughly near their intended final placement

Hyper form has received a minor visual overhaul, and a complete internal rewrite to be more optimized

Beyond all this, there are countless other optimizations, improvements, adjustments, bug fixes, compatibility changes and so very much more that lead to this easily being the single biggest update yet

Last edited:
Because everyone likes a progress report: we've been working very hard to bring v0.3 to you all
srb20534.gif

Characters may now have custom life icons instead of just their continue icon, supporting both base form and super form.
By placing either a sprite called MRCLA0 (for base form) or one called MRXLA0 (for super form) with your character's base sprites, MRCE will use that sprite for the corresponding form instead of the continue sprite

The hud has also been improved for better compatibility with other hud mods, and was even given a console command to turn it off entirely

Non super characters will no longer be forced super in Dimension Warp, instead only receiving a super shield ala Sonic Heroes

srb20165.png

The Black Emerald will be used to display whether Hyper has been unlocked

srb20505.gif

srb20447.gif

Spatial Void and Flame Rift 2 have been completely remade. Because of this, Flame Rift once again has 3 acts, and the shrine can be found in act 2

The unlock process for hyper forms has begun to be extended. In order to access Inner Sanctum, one must find the 3 Elemental Temples hidden throughout the zones. From each, collect the Elemental Stone Key; which, with all 3 keys, grants access to the Temple of Light in Starlight Palace. Of the temples, only the Temple of Flames is actually existent, but the others have placeholders roughly near their intended final placement

Hyper form has received a minor visual overhaul, and a complete internal rewrite to be more optimized

Beyond all this, there are countless other optimizations, improvements, adjustments, bug fixes, compatibility changes and so very much more that lead to this easily being the single biggest update yet.

I'm actually existed to see the super shield in Dimension Warp! And I'm glad to see Flame Rift having 3 acts again! I hope you went through with my factory complex idea seen in my idea collection post. Also, do you plan on adding the long awaited Tempest Valley Act 2 in this update? If so, all 7 normal zones can once again have all three acts, and I can't be any happier, especially considering school's out for most of us rn, anyway. I forgot to mention this, but are the Chaos Emeralds getting another redesign? Sure looks that way in the third gif.

I have a suggestion that would definitely make this the biggest MR:CE update so far - Encore Mode compatibility! And via Second Quest, no less. Just think of it: Subverted level themes, stages infested with robots, harder level design, AND a remixed lives system! I mean, at its heart, Second Quest is just a harder campaign...right? My post on ideas for the stages also mentions changes for Second Quest, as well.

Hopefully this new update will come out sooner rather than later.
EDIT: Huh. I was expecting better from the super shield. Maybe change the color palette of it to gold to make it stand out from the fire Shields graphics. And, I know I've brought this up too many times, but a Super-then-Hyper system would be greatly appreciated. Nothing has bugged me more than being forced to use Hyper Sonic time and time again after unlocking him when I just want to use Super Sonic, so PLEASE take this into consideration.

Oh yeah, when v0.3 comes out, what would be the command to turn off the custom HUD?

Last edited:
When I first joined the project, I only wanted to do music and sound effect additions, but now, I think I'm confident enough to try and remake one of the levels, even on a mobile device. Is there any stage in particular that I can remake? I was planning on remaking Prismatic Angel Zone, but if there's another stage I can update, just let me know.

When I first joined the project, I only wanted to do music and sound effect additions, but now, I think I'm confident enough to try and remake one of the levels, even on a mobile device. Is there any stage in particular that I can remake? I was planning on remaking Prismatic Angel Zone, but if there's another stage I can update, just let me know.
wait what are you talking about??? there isn't any way to create maps on mobile, unless there's been some new developments and discoveries i'm unaware of?

There isn't, and even if you emulate windows on a mobile device, a keyboard is too necessary for it to be usable. It's impossible to make SRB2 levels on mobile.
Ah, s**t. There goes that idea. Hopefully at least a few of my suggestions made it into the mod.

View attachment 70975
Working on improving the AGZ1 remake. Screenshot of the first section.
Whoa. Blown away by this. Will this improved version of the AGZ1 remake appear in v0.3? Hype if so. I thought the original AGZ was pretty lame being a compilation of all 4 acts, plus Starlight Temple and the old Inner Sanctum, from Mystic Realm v4.4 (that was the latest version of Mystic Realm when SRB2 v2.0 was first released on 7/24/2009, which included Neo Aerial Garden Zone, a remake of the level from Mystic Realm, and the oldest appearance of AGZ in vanilla SRB2.)

Whoa. Blown away by this. Will this improved version of the AGZ1 remake appear in v0.3? Hype if so. I thought the original AGZ was pretty lame being a compilation of all 4 acts, plus Starlight Temple and the old Inner Sanctum, from Mystic Realm v4.4 (that was the latest version of Mystic Realm when SRB2 v2.0 was first released on 7/24/2009, which included Neo Aerial Garden Zone, a remake of the level from Mystic Realm, and the oldest appearance of AGZ in vanilla SRB2.)
The merge request is marked for the v0.3 milestone so in theory yes it should
Post automatically merged:

OH also if you want to see a sneak peak of it during development the branch is right here.
And here is the merge request where I'll occasionally post some updates on the work.

srb20068.gif

I would like to submit an enemy I made called the UltraBuzz.
It's faster than It's red brothers and could be used in AGZ.
UPDATE: Fixed so that it does not replace the Hornet Crawla.
scrolling back through this thread I just found this little guy. I quite like this little annoying buzz. Might play around with finding it a home.

Last edited:
The merge request is marked for the v0.3 milestone so in theory yes it should

OH also if you want to see a sneak peak of it during development the branch is right here.
And here is the merge request where I'll occasionally post some updates on the work.

scrolling back through this thread I just found this little guy. I quite like this little annoying buzz. Might play around with finding it a home.
Nice. Can't wait to play it!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back