• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

Say, what characters are currently supported for Hyper forms? I have a few suggestions on who to do next. Mighty and Ray being the first ones because Mighty has no Super form whereas Ray does. Ray also doesn't have a custom life icon. Can you add in Super/Hyper forms for Mighty and Ray? I also want support for Chrispy's Pointy Sonic and Fluffy Tails, since Pointy Sonic only has a Hyper skin. I'm glad Modern Sonic is supported, but Neo Sonic isn't. I know a patch exists for Neo Sonic to have a Super form, but we unfortunately can't use it...

Say, what characters are currently supported for Hyper forms? I have a few suggestions on who to do next. Mighty and Ray being the first ones because Mighty has no Super form whereas Ray does. Ray also doesn't have a custom life icon. Can you add in Super/Hyper forms for Mighty and Ray? I also want support for Chrispy's Pointy Sonic and Fluffy Tails, since Pointy Sonic only has a Hyper skin. I'm glad Modern Sonic is supported, but Neo Sonic isn't. I know a patch exists for Neo Sonic to have a Super form, but we unfortunately can't use it...
We don't use custom life icons, rather we use continue icons. If Ray doesn't have one, that's not something we can fix
Pointy has hyper bc he's a Sonic, but it's much more than just a skin, he has the basic properties of a hyper form as well, and can breathe infinitely, run faster than super, break spikes and monitors by just walking into them, etc. The issue is his super kit leaves little room for improvement in a hyper form as he already has everything, free flight, nuking, etc. There isn't a lot I can do to make it better without bloating his moveset. As for Neo Sonic, ig there isn't any issue to at least add some fixes, like fixing the dash bug.

Funny thing: Said patch was made by Xian.exe, so that's something of note, considering they just responded.

We don't use custom life icons, rather we use continue icons. If Ray doesn't have one, that's not something we can fix
Pointy has hyper bc he's a Sonic, but it's much more than just a skin, he has the basic properties of a hyper form as well, and can breathe infinitely, run faster than super, break spikes and monitors by just walking into them, etc. The issue is his super kit leaves little room for improvement in a hyper form as he already has everything, free flight, nuking, etc. There isn't a lot I can do to make it better without bloating his moveset. As for Neo Sonic, ig there isn't any issue to at least add some fixes, like fixing the dash bug.
*Sigh* Well, there goes that idea. Can you re-release your Neo patch, however? I had it before you got rid of the video, and now I miss having that patch. AND, the question I've been begging for an answer for for a while now, is Mystic Realm Community Edition compatible with the footsteps mod? I'm gonna be extremely mad if it isn't.

1647695476725.png

SPZ gimmick progress is going well.

I've got some ideas for new gimmicks and enemies for each zone of the Mystic Realm, as well as some ideas to bring back old gimmicks.
On top of that, this is a collection of ideas made exclusive for the Second Quest campaign.

Jade Coast / Mudhole Karst
Keep the Crawlas, as overused as they are, but maybe adding in two more enemies would be cool, such as Buzzes and Crush-staceans. Skims are also present throughout the stage since they're in Mudhole Karst. A new gimmick here would be some sort of water geyser that can spring you to great heights. New scenery objects are present, as well, such as typical beach elements, seeming as Jade Coast is a beach-themed level. These beach elements could include umbrellas, towels, coolers, and everything else you would see on a beach. Keep in mind that no one is actually on the beach, seeming as Eggman's robots scared everyone off. Mudhole Karst is longer, and has more mud than it does now. All of the instant death mud has got to go because that's the only frustrating part of the stage. In Second Quest, the first two acts as well as Mudhole Karst take place as night, while the 3rd act has the cloudy sky of Mudhole Karst in the Main Quest. It also no longer rains in Second Quest, and in it's place, the mud is once again damaging. Wonderful. The shrine location is in what is normally the blue emblem's location. The emblems are disabled in Second Quest, because you'll need to collect all of the ones available to unlock Second Quest.

Tempest Valley / Rainstorm Keep
Buzzes can stay, but all Crawlas are gone. The Egg Guards from Castle Eggman Zone, the Hangsters from Haunted Heights Zone, and the Spincushions from Egg Rock Zone are found here, instead. The damaging slime can return, but only be present in some areas of the stage, not all of them. Since the stage is receiving an East Asian theme, a temple of some sorts could be the main focus of the new Act 2, complete with Deep Sea Zone and Castle Eggman Zone gimmicks (mostly Castle Eggman Zone gimmicks.). Rainstorm Keep can stay as is, but with the layout adjusted to add slopes. In Second Quest, similarly to Mudhole Karst, the clouds are gone and it no longer rains, but it's broad daylight out here compared to the previous stage. The damaging water is also everywhere in Second Quest, making a simple stage a frustrating one. The Mystic Shrine is also in an annoying spot, requiring you to make frame-perfect jumps as Sonic.

Verdant Forest / Labyrinth Woods
Remove the Crawlas and SDURF's. The Robo-Hoods and Lance-a-bots from Castle Eggman could instead be applied, as well as the Spring Shells from Techno Hill to fit with the bouncy mushroom gimmick. An elven village in the mystical jungle is somehing I never thought about in a Sonic game, maybe the player can traverse through this village in Act 2, but unfortunately, this village has been abandoned. Apparently, Eggman's forces freaked the locals out so much, that they had evactuated the village. Defeating the badniks will reward you with a Golden Whirlwind Shield monitor. A new boss is present here, as well, and the new boss is a fight with Fang the Sniper, seeming as there's a bunch of loot in the elven village that the villagers left behind that convinced Fang to try and take it for himself. In Second Quest, the forest could be set on fire like Angel Island was in S3, but the flames actually pose a threat this time unless you have an Elemental Shield on. A cover of the old stressful music is also back here, since it fits well with a burning forest.

Flame Rift / Blazing Forge
All Crawlas and Dragonbombers are removed from the entire stage. Instead, the zone has Crawla Commanders, Pyre Flys, Minuses, and the Gohlas from Glaber's Badnik Pack DX. A cool new setup to the stage could be a huge factory in an Act 2 concept. There's bits of factory in Act 1 already, but there could be a main factory complex in Act 2, complete with Techno Hill Zone and Egg Rock Zone gimmicks. Blazing Forge could be the factory's core and will melt the entire factory in a set time limit, with the red emerald at the exit. Please be generous and give it a 5 or 6 minute timer, or 5:30 works, too. In Second Quest, Flame Rift should take the textures from Mystic Realm v5, i.e. the dark green grass and bright blue sky. Jettysyns are present here, as well as a new rising lava gimmick in Blazing Forge, exclusive to Second Quest. Since there's a new Act 2, put the shrine in the most annoying spot possible in Second Quest. Oh wait. It's already in an annoying spot. Yeah, through a gap IN-BETWEEN LAVA is the goddamn Shrine. There is a golden Elemental Shield monitor nearby, thankfully. (If you haven't guessed, I played the betas of v0.3 on Discord. Go check them out. Just be warned that they're not finished, causing some bugs to erupt)

Midnight Frost / Silver Cavern
Renamed the zone to Midnight Frost because Midnight "Freeze" is kinda bland these days, well, imo, anyway. Remove Crawlas entirely, put Penguinators in their place. Pophats and SDURF's are present, too. Keep the Buzzes, but remove the Crawla Commanders entirely. Replace them with Jettysyns in Second Quest. New gimmicks here could include an ice slide referencing Ice Cap from S3&K, and a segment involving snowboarding with a Genesis cover of Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy from SA1 playing. Since a beta revamp dropped in the latest version, I would change the textures in Act 2 to match until IT's potential revamp. Silver Cavern has no more death pits, and in its place is a path flooded with freezing cold water. An Elemental Shield will be very helpful there. In Second Quest, the terrain is grey rather than blue, and has THZ textures instead of GFZ/FHZ textures. The ice water hurts you, too. Blue Buzzes, which move twice as fast as Red Buzzes, are here, as well.

Sunken Plant / Nitric Citadel
Keep all vanilla enemies, but include the remaining enemies from Deep Sea and Azure Temple, as well. Since Act 1 is already remade, maybe add some more of these elements in. For an Act 2 concept, the halfway point could show the plant peeking out of the ocean, similar to Deep Sea Act 2 in the vanilla game. Both the end of Act 2 and the arena of Act 3 are connected via the emerald stage, Nitric Citadel. The nitric acid in Nitric Citadel is now instant death unless you have an Elemental Shield or Invincibility. In Second Quest, the entire stage has no lights whatsoever, so you're gonna have to carry a lantern with you. And the lanterns stop working at the same time the drowning music starts to play (roughly 30 seconds) regardless if you're on land or underwater, so either grab an air bubble or swap for a new lantern. And Nitric Citadel now has ancient-looking tiling on it, with the time of day being noon instead of sunrise. The skybox here (for Second Quest) is an edited version of the one for GreenFlower Zone, seeming as most of the new skyboxes are built off of that, even Aerial Garden's skyboxes look similar to that.

Aerial Garden / Starlight Temple / Inner Sanctum
Despite my fear of bees (I almost swallowed one as a kid.),keep those frustrating bugs. Wouldn't be Aerial Garden without those little infuriating bastards, anyway. Aerial Garden Act 1 is now an actual level, as there is an intense platforming course to get inside the palace. It may look pretty easy as Tails, but there's one problem: the dreaded bees are everywhere! The remaining Acts, as well as STZ and ISZ, have Act 1's texture set until their layouts are remade. Also, instead of ending Inner Sanctum on top of the Master Emerald, you get the ability to transform into your Hyper form! You can test these forms out at this place. The level ends with a capsule. The original Act 3 is restored, now, with a fifth platforming segment hidden where the Treasure emblem usually is, with Act 1's texture set, too. And the current Act 3 is once again Act 4. In Second Quest, the grass is replaced with sand, the tan-ish concrete is now a bright yellow, and the sky is covered with clouds(And don't get lazy and give us the default cloudy skybox hidden in the game. Maybe alter AGZ1's skybox with grey hues instead of blue.). The night sky in Starlight Palace and Inner Sanctum is intact, though. Aerial Garden has its Mystic Shrine moved to where the green emblem usually is in Act 2. The warp pad to the Mystic Shrine in Starlight Temple has been moved to the same location as the Shrine itself was in the versions of Mystic Realm prior to v5. In Acts 3 and 4, it starts raining in the majestic garden, and the Egg Fighter in Act 4 has been replaced with Brak Eggman (in both quests) since the arena is bigger, but there no electricity shield for Eggman since where would the damaging slime come from, anyway?

Prismatic Angel / Spatial Void
You are now on a 5 minute time limit to complete Act 1, and in Act 2 there's a fourth platforming course focusing on the Attraction Shield, but getting up to the shrine is easier due to a second red spring on the second floor. And Act 3 is restored with a battle against Metal Sonic, to train you for the Egg Animus fight. You unlock Metal Sonic this way. The battle arena from v4 and the ring room(minus the rings) are merged for this new Act 3. The platform that was the collection room is in the centre of the map, with the four platforms from v4 surrounding it. The music for this fight is Brak Eggman's theme from music_remade. Spatial Void is now a true 1up farm because all of the regular monitors are replaced with gold monitors. In Second Quest, the platforms are narrower and there's a bunch of small platforms near the end of the third section. The shields in Act 2 come out of regular monitors this time, giving you only 2 attempts in the shield courses, so use them wisely.

Mystic Realm
The stage is unchanged. Maybe program a cutscene to show Sonic following Eggman into Dimension Warp as Super or Hyper Sonic. The boss though, the Egg Animus, has a lot of changes. It now has 25 hp with a third phase that makes this boss actually intimidating. The first attack is a laser that homes in on you, and after 5 in-game seconds, the laser locks on and fires. The second attack is a flood of water that'll shock you in an attempt to make you die. The third is a spikeball on a chain that Eggman will swing around, but with good reflexes, it shouldn't be a problem. The fourth attack is a flaming piston that Eggman will bounce on in an attempt to crush you, but with good reflexes yet again and knowing when to jump shouldn't be much of a problem, either. The fifth and final attack, only triggered on the final hit, is the most dangerous one, as Eggman uses a hydraulic drill to break the floor apart in an attempt to make you fall, and the Rebound Dash helps a lot in this part of the battle since you can rebound off the Eggmobile. Even after hitting him for the last time, you're still not safe. The new death sequence shows Eggman fleeing in the collapsing realm, with Super/Hyper Sonic following him through the portal Eggman takes to Dimension Warp. In Second Quest, the Egg Animus has more hit points(30 total) and its attacks are harder to avoid.

Dimension Warp
Yes, I am aware that a revamp is planned, or at least, I am now. I wasn't when I first made this. But anyway, these are my pitches on a Dimension Warp revamp. First off, keep the level design as is, please. But the arena definitely needs to be changed; it's too basic currently. I would like a retexture to the entire stage resembling Egg Reverie from Sonic Mania (I mean, we already have the freefly mode and timer function from there, why not the textures, too?). Everyone can access this stage, but characters can't be forced Super anymore, instead receiving a Super Shield ala Sonic Heroes. I heard that there's planned to be a custom boss for this stage, and from looking at DWZ's music in the Sound Test (which should have a loop point, btw), I'm guessing it'll be called the "Jade Sentience", which does sound pretty badass. There's only two changes in Second Quest; the boss has twice as many hit points, and rings drain twice as fast. For that to work, Xian's ringdrain.lua could be implemented for that to work properly.

Super/Hyper forms
I've always wanted to share these ideas, and now I can. First off, there should be a Super-then-Hyper system since after getting all 7 Chaos Emeralds, you don't get Super Sonic if you visit Inner Sanctum. Hyper forms now require 100 rings as 99 or lower will transform you into your Super form unless already transformed. Hyper Sonic now has his freefly from DWZ rather than still having the Super Hover. And has four rebounds instead of three that Super Sonic has. I know 4 may seem like too much, but who cares about that? Hyper Knuckles has Super Sonic's jump height now, whereas Super Knuckles has base Sonic's jump height. Tails can now jump out of his flight by pressing Jump and Spin at the same time, but only once per jump. Super Tails has infinite flight jumps. And for RushChars, they could have Hyper form support by collecting the Chaos Emeralds as well as the Sol Emeralds, similar to Sonic Classic Heroes. They need support for the custom bosses to drop Sol Emeralds.

Unlockables
Yep. Unlockables. This level pack doesn't have enough of them in my opinion. Keep all of the current unlockables intact, but maybe add a couple more. Second Quest and Lock-On are now proper unlockables, seeming as Lock-On should only be accessible through the extras menu, and Second Quest has it's own set of saves. This could be possible via the Custom GameData mod by FuriousFox. The Archives are back, as well as the method of accessing them. To unlock the Archives, go to where the green emblem usually is in Jade Coast Zone Act 1. Instead of it sitting on a house, the emblem is perched on top of a Mystic Shrine in the middle of the lake, ala Mystic Realm v4.0 thru v4.4. The Archives have since been extended; the version of Midnight Freeze from Mystic Realm v3.0 is added, and you can access the archived levels from a "Level Archives" section in the extras menu. They DO have a name alteration, as they're under the name "Making of Mystic Realm", like the unlockable text documentary from Mystic Realm v5. Amy, Fang, and Metal Sonic are unlockables, too. Amy is unlocked by beating Golden Sands, Fang is unlocked by beating him as a boss in Verdant Forest, and Metal is unlocked alongside Prismatic Angel, where he appears as the boss. Primordial Abyss is renamed to Genesis Abyss to make it's abbreviation unique from Prismatic Angel, and also has the unused special stage theme from the main campaign (used in the Marathon Run menu). Please get rid of the goddamn Mystic Angel enemies. They are the only enemies that can kill you instantly, which is a big no-no in my book, and therefore, do not make sense in this stage when it's already hard enough.

Last edited:
Aerial Garden / Starlight Temple / Inner Sanctum : Keep the bees and their hives. Wouldn't be Aerial Garden without those tiny bastards, anyway.
Personally I'd rather see them gone. Dealing with the bees wastes time, and attempting to ignore them and just rush to the next area risks taking a hit midair by one you couldn't see coming from behind or off to the side and falling into a bottomless pit. God forbid you ever end up inside an elevator with them. On top of that, Aerial Garden existed without them for over a decade, so I don't really see them as a major part of it's identity.

I'd rather the bees get moved to a level with less in the way of falling hazards. Perhaps if they were in Sunken Plant, there could be a gimmick where they are a pain up on land, but if you can get them to dive into water they become immobile and mostly harmless?

Personally I'd rather see them gone. Dealing with the bees wastes time, and attempting to ignore them and just rush to the next area risks taking a hit midair by one you couldn't see coming from behind or off to the side and falling into a bottomless pit. God forbid you ever end up inside an elevator with them. On top of that, Aerial Garden existed without them for over a decade, so I don't really see them as a major part of it's identity.

I'd rather the bees get moved to a level with less in the way of falling hazards. Perhaps if they were in Sunken Plant, there could be a gimmick where they are a pain up on land, but if you can get them to dive into water they become immobile and mostly harmless?
The bees are staying.

There will be less bees however. and they will be less annoying.

but the bees are staying. They are the only enemy to truly make sense in a massive garden.

They should be less of a pain in the complete version of the remake.

The bees are staying.

There will be less bees however. and they will be less annoying.

but the bees are staying. They are the only enemy to truly make sense in a massive garden.

They should be less of a pain in the complete version of the remake.
If the decision has been made then I'm not going to waste my time insisting against it, but I do feel like I should clarify a bit why I don't like them.

It's not that they are irritating. I mean, they are irritating, but I don't see what positive they bring to the zone other than "They're bees and it's a garden". If you don't want to deal with them, you're at risk of being unfairly killed by being smacked by them midair into a bottomless pit. If you end up in an elevator with them, they assault you from above in huge numbers, blindsiding you of your rings. If you foresee this and decide to deal with them as a preventive measure, it takes far too long compared to other enemy types, holding you up in one small part of the level for anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds while you destroy the hive and then carefully deal with the remaining bees, wasting precious time. This is especially a problem if you are trying to speedrun.

Let's say that they are reduced in number and re-coded so that they don't blindside you from behind or from off to the side, and are placed in such a way that you never have to deal with them on elevators. That solves the speedrunning problem, but now they go from being irritating and unfair to being a total non-threat. If they can only attack you from above or in front, all you have to do is keep moving and take care to dodge them and you will never have to deal with them.

Considering how late into the campaign AGZ is, I feel like if they must stay then they need to remain a threat in some form, but in a way that feels fair and engaging. Perhaps make it so that they speed past the player from behind in a way that doesn't collide with them, and then once they are far enough ahead, they dive towards the player the way they normally dive down from above? This way, the player is given an opportunity to dodge them, but if you're not quick about it they can still punish you.

As one of the original designers of the Bumblebores, they are literally just rethemed, respawning Jettysyn Bombers where the bomb it drops is itself. Like, it literally uses a barely modified version of the Bomber's SOC action to drive its brain. Even if the badnik's visuals are not a core part of the zone's identity, the struggle with speedrunning around them absolutely is.

The respawning nature is just to prevent a specific type of cheese for non-speedrunners - plus, if you've seen the recent impressive as h*ck 200 emblem TAS of vanilla, there is a (to my eye) human-possible strat that relies upon their existence in the zone.

If you had to rebalance the thing, making the hives single hit would work, I think. And if the bees don't currently have drop shadows, they should. But that's all I'd recommend.

Because V6 doesn't have TVZ2 in its demo and the remake of that said level is at a playable state. I may as well put it here for some feedback from you guys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changes include:
- Several room changes to involve slopes. And more decorative stuff such as trees, flowers, and slime falls.
- Unlike TVZ1, players can't ride in goop falls.
- Some goop pits are now deeper to make use of the goop mechanic. And some prizes?
- Tweaked badnik placement.
- Emblems were kept in, but one of them moved to a different location. (You can't get them when you play the mod.)
- Last half of act 2 is flipped
- Spring in mystic shrine area replaced with golden elemental shield monitor. You must use the elemental stomp to exit the room.

Edit: Fixed a few issues:
- Skewed some sloped FOFs, but sacrificing the grass mid-textures
- Fixed the path to the mystic shrine to prevent players from getting trapped.

Edit 2: Added in TVZ3, Only changes is some textures and addition of more scenery objects. You also fight the Egg Smiler instead.
Is there a separate mod with just the characters?

I meant with just Sonic, i tough the other characters had new abilities too. It's because in this mod, Sonic can bounce off walls by thokking into them, and it feels way nicer than just this change should be. It's what i was talking about.

I meant with just Sonic, i tough the other characters had new abilities too. It's because in this mod, Sonic can bounce off walls by thokking into them, and it feels way nicer than just this change should be. It's what i was talking about.
It's called rebound dash

Providing an idea for a new zone that's another extra zone. I previously had the idea of putting this in between Sunken Plant and Aerial Garden, but I found out no new stages for the main campaign are getting added.

Introducing COSMIC CARNIVAL!
This stage is inspired by three existing casino stages from the main series: Casino Night Zone(Sonic the Hedgehog 2), Carnival Night Zone(Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and Casino Park/BINGO Highway(Sonic Heroes). The gimmicks here are borrowed from the former two inspirational zones, i.e. slot machines, bumpers, warp tubes, anti-gravity stairways, and the pinball slides from BINGO Highway are here, too. In terms of enemies, the Crawls from Casino Night, the Sparklers and Clamshell from Carnival Night, and Egg Flappers appear here. The music is borrowed from the Casino Night Pinball DLC for Sonic Generations, too. In terms of a new boss, there is no new boss. The Egg Colosseum acts as the boss, and after it's defeated, a teleporter pad appears. Jumping onto it will warp the player to Primordial Abyss, a.k.a. platforming hell
Post automatically merged:

Also have some ideas for Super & Hyper forms to have better control.
Maybe implement a Super then Hyper system similarly to the mod for Sonic 3 A.I.R. known as Characters Go Super Then Hyper. Hyper forms can only be accessed by collecting 150 rings while in normal form, then transforming. In Hyper form, you lose 1, 2, or 3 rings per second depending on what you have set in the console (i.e. ringdrain.lua), and afterimages form behind the player. A unique theme plays when Hyper, too, more specifically the Sonic 3 Complete Super Theme. Hyper Sonic could have his DWZ flight mode instead of the boring Super Hover, Super Tails could have infinite flight, and Hyper Knuckles could have Super Sonic's jump height if he doesn't already(Super Knux could have base Sonic's jump height.)

Last edited:
Providing an idea for a new zone that acts as a gateway to Aerial Garden from Sunken Plant. Since the game lacks a casino stage, thought I'd add the idea of one to this campaign.

Introducing COSMIC CARNIVAL!
This stage is inspired by three existing casino stages from the main series: Casino Night Zone(Sonic the Hedgehog 2), Carnival Night Zone(Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and Casino Park/BINGO Highway(Sonic Heroes). The gimmicks here are borrowed from the former two inspirational zones, i.e. slot machines, bumpers, warp tubes, anti-gravity stairways, and the pinball slides from BINGO Highway are here, too. In terms of enemies, the Crawls from Casino Night, the Sparklers and Clamshell from Carnival Night, and Egg Flappers appear here. The music is borrowed from the Casino Night Pinball DLC for Sonic Generations, too. In terms of a new boss, there is no new boss. The Egg Colosseum acts as the boss, and after it's defeated, a teleporter pad appears. Jumping onto it will make the player warp directly to Aerial Garden, finishing the level in the process. It takes place at dawn in Main Quest, but Second Quest changes this to night.

We aren't adding new stages to the main campaign to my knowledge.

The custom life icon is something I am incapable of controlling without patching every custom character that isn't supported directly inside MRCE.

The life icon system looks for each of these in this order and will use the earliest one in the list that it can find.
Continue icon -> Regular life icon -> STNDA2

If a character does not have a continue icon that is not something I can exactly fix. and the STNDA2 last resort is very very ugly and will not be used in place of regular life icon in the list due to this reason.

The first idea for a custom life icon required every custom character to be patched and it was not fun whatsoever and proved way too much work to constantly add new characters. It also meant that all characters had to be loaded before MRCE and any loaded after would have the regular icon.

One more thing
Mystic Realm
Turn the Egg Animus boss fight into Mystic Realm Act 1, and Dimension Warp into Mystic Realm Act 2. Maybe even program a cutscene to show Sonic following Eggman into Act 2 as Super or Hyper Sonic. Nothing about the Egg Animus is changed, except you now start with 99 rings like the secret boss of Sonic Blast on the Game Gear, to cheese the fight as Super Sonic. You start Act 2 with 99 rings, too, but the tradeoff is that there're no extra rings(ring boxes don't count because there aren't that many) in the battle arena, giving you less time to defeat the doctor. In Second Quest, the Egg Animus has more hit points(24 total) and has a new attack where after slamming into the ground, the fire that drops LOCKS ON to you, and on top of that, you are now on a 4 minute timer to defeat him(he can be defeated in slightly over 2 minutes but not with harder to dodge attacks)! In Act 2, the ring boxes in the arena are also gone, giving you even less time to defeat Eggman.
Dimension warp is being remade completely. the current one is only a placeholder.

I'd recommend you wait until I actually post sketches and mockups of how the new version of the boss will work before brainstorming things related to DWZ. Don't get me wrong I'm very open to new ideas to add but I don't want you to dump a bunch of ideas only for them to directly conflict with how the new DWZ will work.

You start Act 2 with 99 rings, too, but the tradeoff is that there're no extra rings in the battle arena.
In Second Quest...In Act 2, the ring boxes in the arena are also gone, giving you even less time to defeat Eggman.
These specific ideas are a good example of what I mean by conflicting with the plans

The battle arena will be the entire stage. And the rings will float in ala Egg Reverie from Mania. There wouldn't be ring boxes to remove. and removing the rings that float in would require me to rethink how the entire boss works. You wouldn't have enough time period.

Before I go for now. I will try and make some sketches and mockups of the plans I have for the new DWZ boss and post them.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back