• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

A small update to the textures. I kept the brown and tan variants but give them less contrast so they won't be eye sores to look at.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Both acts 1 and 2 got retextures and some minor level edits. Hopefully they would be the last time I have to retexture this zone to make it less Greenflower.

Attachments

• srb20455.png
    srb20455.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 1,440
  • srb20457.png
    srb20457.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,612
Wow, I really like how this looks so far! I haven't tried it yet, but always remember to keep performance in mind, I would be sad if this was too resource heavy for me to run it... I will try it later, when I figure out how to make the pk3 on my Linux machine

Honestly, I really like this so far, it's coming along brilliantly. But I'd maybe replace the lava in the Flame Rift boss with another harmful floor hazard that doesn't eat rings, since half the time I even go to hit the boss I land in the lava and lose any rings i saved from being hit with a large fireball or from the middle of the arena. Aside from that, I really look forward to seeing how Sunken Plant and Aerial Garden turn out when they're finished!
Another note, are the rest of the stages going to recieve new textures, or is it just Jade Coast?

Honestly, I really like this so far, it's coming along brilliantly. But I'd maybe replace the lava in the Flame Rift boss with another harmful floor hazard that doesn't eat rings, since half the time I even go to hit the boss I land in the lava and lose any rings i saved from being hit with a large fireball or from the middle of the arena. Aside from that, I really look forward to seeing how Sunken Plant and Aerial Garden turn out when they're finished!
Another note, are the rest of the stages going to recieve new textures, or is it just Jade Coast?

It's currently a consideration, but not an absolution. Jade Coast's retexture came from a discussion and speculation on if it was feasible to do so, and while it HAS been shown to work, a number of people have issues or gripes with it. As far as I am personally aware, we're going to wait until we have other, more important things settled before we consider retextures, since we may need to do more extensive looks to avoid any issues that may crop up.

I mean, Tempest Valley DID receive a retexture, but that was done using vanilla assets with some recolored stuff, so not like Jade Coast.

quick hotfix

Most red crawlas in tvz have been replaced with the new Goopla. He is fairly quick, and leaves behind him a trail of slime that if touched, will coat the player and slow their movement for a moment. Spin characters can shorten this time even sooner by charging a spindash
Tails has been given holdfly, this can be toggled with the console command 'holdfly'.
Spin uncurl has returned from v6 demo. Pressing spin midroll allows the player to uncurl back to the running state. This can be toggled with the console command 'uncurltoggle'
Rebound dash has been updated to the latest version
Minor tweaks to AGZ2, mostly netgame stuff

Attachments

• SL_MysticRealmCE-v0.0.11b.pk3
    17.1 MB · Views: 744
I tried to get to The Mystic Shrine at AGZ1, but, the door doenst open.
(if you dont know, AGZ1 and 2 were mixed in one act, so the Mystic Shrine is on Act 1)

Spin uncurl has returned from v6 demo. Pressing spin midroll allows the player to uncurl back to the running state. This can be toggled with the console command 'uncurltoggle'

Well, Momentum Mod + Uncurl is a powerful combo, since it makes easier to get momentum from a Spin Dash without having to jump to get running

This is Jade Coast the new grass and grass patches but with the regular Greenflower textureset over them instead. Use this to give Dirk feedback on how he can make his new original textures look as good or better than the Greenflower (w/ grass overhangs) textures. We can get more feedback on how the new textures compared to old. See what people prefer, how we can iterate on the new textures. Et cetera.

Load this AFTER loading the latest build (0.0.11b in this case.)

Attachments

• JCZ-GrassOnly.pk3
    1.5 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
I tried to get to The Mystic Shrine at AGZ1, but, the door doenst open.
(if you dont know, AGZ1 and 2 were mixed in one act, so the Mystic Shrine is on Act 1)
it's not on act 1, and never was. So when the two acts were merged, the old shrine was removed
To get to Starlight Temple, activate the shrine in AGZ2 in the same method, in the same spot as you would if you were in STZ and wanted to go to ISZ

Another retexture to Jade Coast. Now with diamond patterns.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20474.png
    srb20474.png
    278.3 KB · Views: 1,049
  • srb20475.png
    srb20475.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 974
I'm convinced the mystic shrine in AGZ2 is impossible to get. No matter how hard I try, I can never find the triangle buttons. I really need help please.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back