• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

Othius

[A person in a place]
Sonic Team Junior
Judge
srb20145.gif

srb21958.gif

DOWNLOAD LATEST BETA HERE

Join The Discord

If I am no longer around in the community when this project is completed, I give permission to Xian to release MRCE. If he is unable, then permission goes to Radicalicious.

Now that Mystic Realm is entirely reusable, and anyone is allowed to make their own edits, a few people have expressed interest in a Mystic Realm Community Edition. So I've decided to make a thread for it.

Now, 4 years later, the project has progressed much further beyond its roots in mrv6. Nearly half of the campaign has been revamped, yet there's still so much more to do! Most activity and progress have primarily been moved to the Team Prismatic Discord. If you wish to contribute in any way, please join there first if you can, as proper communication is far faster and simply more convenient there.

Get stage files to edit from the latest compilation, or from the gitlab page @ https://gitlab.com/team-prismatic/mystic-realm-ce

Last edited:
Because V6 doesn't have TVZ2 in its demo and the remake of that said level is at a playable state. I may as well put it here for some feedback from you guys.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changes include:
- Several room changes to involve slopes. And more decorative stuff such as trees, flowers, and slime falls.
- Unlike TVZ1, players can't ride in goop falls.
- Some goop pits are now deeper to make use of the goop mechanic. And some prizes?
- Tweaked badnik placement.
- Emblems were kept in, but one of them moved to a different location. (You can't get them when you play the mod.)
- Last half of act 2 is flipped
- Spring in mystic shrine area replaced with golden elemental shield monitor. You must use the elemental stomp to exit the room.

Edit: Fixed a few issues:
- Skewed some sloped FOFs, but sacrificing the grass mid-textures
- Fixed the path to the mystic shrine to prevent players from getting trapped.

Edit 2: Added in TVZ3, Only changes is some textures and addition of more scenery objects. You also fight the Egg Smiler instead.

Attachments

• srb20350.png
    srb20350.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 44,948
  • srb20366.png
    srb20366.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 43,080
  • VS_TempestValley2&3Remake.pk3
    241.2 KB · Views: 2,097
Last edited:
Because V6 doesn't have TVZ2 in its demo and the remake of that said level is at a playable state. I may as well put it here for some feedback from you guys.

Changes include:
- Several room changes to involve slopes. And more decorative stuff such as trees, flowers, and slime falls.
- Some goop pits are now deeper to make use of the goop mechanic. And some prizes?
- Emblems were kept in, but one of them moved to a different location. (You can't get them when you play the mod.)
- Spring in mystic shrine area replaced with golden elemental shield monitor. You must use the elemental stomp to exit the room.

Two issues so far:

1. This texture here
attachment.php

2. The path leading to the mystic shrine is messed up, players will get stuck
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled140.jpg
    Untitled140.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 27,872
  • srb20248.gif
    srb20248.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 27,514

attachment.php

Changes include:

Im stuck lol. https://imgur.com/uBCQhoH

Looks really cool and the waterfalls aren't cheese fodder anymore, but I have a few issues
srb23369.gif

For starters, I found this awkward to navigate
srb23371.gif

And this part is blocked on all sides

srb21945.png

Also could do with some texture alignment

Other than that, good stage! A great fix for Mystic Realm

Looks really cool and the waterfalls aren't cheese fodder anymore, but I have a few issues
srb23369.gif

For starters, I found this awkward to navigate
srb23371.gif

And this part is blocked on all sides

srb21945.png

Also could do with some texture alignment

Other than that, good stage! A great fix for Mystic Realm

The first 2 issues you pointed out have been fixed in the latest patch. I'm not sure with the alignment. That would take a while to fix.

Community Edition, huh?

(Please, god. Please let this work.)

Last edited:
Just a little confused. Anyone can edit any stage of Mystic Realm or the ones listed?

Just a quick suggestion for Tempest Valley in case anyone wants to do it: It would be nice if the section where you have to outrun the rising and falling goop used the old goop that hurts you, even if it has to be changed to green or something. Perhaps it could be used in a few other places too. I find that section in particular though to be pretty awful with the bouncy goop.

Cool idea, I'm interested to see where the community can go with this - I'd be down to code some enemies/bosses as this gets more fleshed out!

Some concept art of my ideas for VFZ2, i thought, "What if it had ruins of an ancient Treehouse Village?"

Just giving some bone in case for anyone who's gonna remake VFZ

omhu0wv.png

Last edited:
Ok, just want to check with y'all real quick, since this is the Community Edition:
This might sound dumb, but do we plan on reviving the Emerald Stages or do we plan on just hiding the Emeralds with the Mystic Temples ala V6?

Ok, just want to check with y'all real quick, since this is the Community Edition:
This might sound dumb, but do we plan on reviving the Emerald Stages or do we plan on just hiding the Emeralds with the Mystic Temples ala V6?

For the latter, the challenge probably depends if some zones Verdant Forest onwards would be revamps of familiar layouts or completely remade from scratch

(Unless if Mystic Shrine locations are changed completely if it's revamps of existing layouts)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back