Super Smash Bros Brawl (Label your Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official.

Sonic's fighting style looks SPECTACULAR. As well, they focused on his speed... And his spin dash, which has become more and more useless in the main Sonic games. And he has his style, to boot. Much like Diddy Kong, screenshots fail to truly capture the way he moves. And Super Sonic as his final smash couldn't be more appropriate.

And the other vid looks brilliant at well.

Well, alright. I'll admit it, I'm actually anticipating him now. Hell, everything cronosonic said took the works out of my mouth.

It'll be interesting playing as him in Brawl.

Super Sonic as his Final Smash? Wow. Also, per my message several weeks back about icon numbering and franchise additions...

Sonic's icon is #20. That means we're now missing TWO icons, #13 and #19. 13, being one of the Melee sets, is clearly going to be Game and Watch, while 15 onwards were all new Brawl franchises, meaning we're going to get another new character from a game not previously represented in Smash Bros. sooner or later. Whether or not this is a third third-party character, I obviously have no idea.

The Brawl icons so far have been numbered in alphabetical order by franchise name though, so whatever character this will be, they have to come from a series that goes between "Metal Gear" and "Sonic the Hedgehog". So no Castlevania, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, or Kingdom Hearts, unfortunately.

EDIT: Forgot! It's alphabetical based on Japanese franchise names translated into English. Rockman comes between Myth of Light (Kid Icarus, #18) and Sonic (#20), so he's still a possibility. So is Pac-man and any character from Pikmin or Punch Out, for that matter.

I just wanted to post a big pelvic thrust, here, over how awesome this is, and how right I was about it. I'm just going to say it.

SONIC IN BRAAAAAAAAAAAWL. YEAH. TAKE *THAT*, NAY-SAYERS.

Thanks.

NeoJames said:
so will online co-op!
Sauce or GTFO.

Also, anyone else notice that very late in the third trailer (Which you people seem to be ignoring for the "Sonic joins the brawl" video) Peach and Bowser are seen dancing together? I can't really get a decent still of it, so watch it yourself. What is that?

Finally a worthy new character besides Pit and Snake. And I'm not looking at the fact its Sonic, but I'm looking at his potential as a playable character.

....that grin bugs me, though.

I said that Pit and Snake were the only ones I see as good new characters so far, and it seems Sonic will play nicely too.

Pit is pretty nice. A balanced character with just the right special moves. Add that with the ability to glide and jump a lot, and you'll have a brand new character.
Wario is probably funny for as far as it lasts, but I won't think anyone will take him as a serious character.
Zero Suit Samus is only playable when chosen or after a final smash, and from what I have seen so far, she can't restore to the original Samus. She's not bad at all, but not good either. She seems to be lacking attacks, and will probably end up being over or underpowerd.
Ike's just a replacement for Marth with perhaps some new style attacks.
Pokemon trainer is kind of weird. I can't imagine how you'll let those pokemon fight without giving them crappy animations or movements. I don't think I should say anything about him just yet, though.
Diddy Kong is just an average player from my point of view. Nice and speedy, but just like Wario, the moves probably aren't gonna be more than a joke.
Meta Knight will play way too much as Kirby with a sword added. Around the same speed and movement
Snake has powerfull and new moves never imagined to be seen in Smash Bros. And yet, he still doesn't seem to be slow. He'll be pretty suprising, and I'm looking forward to play as him.
Lucas seems to be a bit of a Ness rip-off. I won't go look far into him, though. I haven't seen any videos just yet with him in it.

And then we have the all-mighty Super Sonic the hedgehog....or just called Sonic. I'm amazed at how they managed to make Sonic super fast compared to the rest, and yet make his attacks lack power. It seems Sonic can make lots of great combos with his moves and speed, especially the full controllable spindash move. And that means he's probably gonna be used alot in tournaments. I'm looking forward to Sonic's special moves(besides the spring move and spindash) and if he'll really play to my likings.

Just a note. There's a great possibility I'm wrong in alot of this. I study the trailers of Brawl to see how the characters move and how strong their attacks are.

.....so, the game is going to have team taunts? (Check Zelda and Link somewhere at the end of the trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back