Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. Version 2.3

I find it a bit strange how there's no option to play as "Mario & Luigi" or "Luigi & Mario", but other than that? This is a certified "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YES HE'S FINALLY HERE!!!" moment. Allow me too use the appropriate meme for the occasion:
you mean like in the Mario & Luigi games?

Does anyone else have a P2 "Mariomenu2" saving issue in Co-op? Because I need to know if it's my game or a bug with Mario and Luigi.

Does anyone else have a P2 "Mariomenu2" saving issue in Co-op? Because I need to know if it's my game or a bug with Mario and Luigi.
It's not a bug, it's just a feature that doesn't exist. I just didn't think anyone would really need it, and that most people playing splitscreen would be doing so with a guest or somebody that wouldn't really need to save anything. Maybe in a future version I can work something out.

It's not a bug, it's just a feature that doesn't exist. I just didn't think anyone would really need it, and that most people playing splitscreen would be doing so with a guest or somebody that wouldn't really need to save anything. Maybe in a future version I can work something out.
Thank you, because so many mods these days don't work properly in Co-op. My little brother will be happy if you would be so kind to do that.

Last edited:
y'know, maybe the ground pound dive could send you at a more vertical angle at the cost of less distance like it does in odyssey
cause right now, it feels like it completely outclasses the normal dive save for the fact that it doesn't carry momentum

Weegee in srb2.

Attachments

• srb20032.png
    srb20032.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 127
  • srb20033.png
    srb20033.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 116
y'know, maybe the ground pound dive could send you at a more vertical angle at the cost of less distance like it does in odyssey
cause right now, it feels like it completely outclasses the normal dive save for the fact that it doesn't carry momentum
That little detail there is actually exactly what balances them out in my mind. Plus the fact that ground pound diving requires you to, you know, ground pound first, meaning a little startup is involved too. Both still have their uses, it isn't completely one-sided.

In the span of a couple of days, this mod has probably become my favorite SRB2 mod to date. I particularly love how the mod borrows elements from all across the series and brings them together in a very faithful, feel-good fashion--especially that deep cut with their super forms. On top of that, there's a remarkably high skill ceiling to reach for. With as many tools as they've got in their arsenal, it feels like no challenge can't be overcome. Some of the crazy stuff I've been able to pull off has been absolutely vindicating. I'm very excited to see what the mod has in store in the future.

I did stumble upon a couple of items of concern, though. I don't know if they've been brought up yet, but I'll leave them here for posterity:
  • Ice Mario can breathe underwater. I'm not 100% sure whether or not this was by design, since the Ice Flower replaces the Bubble Shield in normal play, but there it is.
  • There have been a couple of occasions where I tried to ground pound an item monitor as Balloon Mario, and instead died upon impact. You might say it was a bit deflating.

there's a problem with super luigi. when you beat the level as him, the server crashes
This is known and fairly uncommon, but there's no way to fix it as it is a crash being caused by SRB2 itself. There is nothing we can do to fix on our end other than hope somebody makes a fix for 2.2.11, or take a long time myself to take a look into it.

But bottomline: Mario and Luigi do indeed crash, but its not our fault. Other mods can similarly crash that use ChangeMusic hooks and the like. All crashes are a result of SRB2 itself, and not any Lua errors. Sorry.
I don't know if this is an oversight or if its intentional, but Luigi can infinitely run on the watrer if you just keep jumping
It's...an intentional oversight. :V
Post automatically merged:

There have been a couple of occasions where I tried to ground pound an item monitor as Balloon Mario, and instead died upon impact. You might say it was a bit deflating.
This is known, but all attempts to fix it have been completely moot, so we just chopped it up to SRB2 collision jank, which there certainly is plenty of.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back