Suggestions

Character specific ending screens after the credits. Something like these, for example.
5f8ad64a81c2c.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Even without mentioning the potential for character mods I'd be more than satisfied with seeing these for the main cast.

A way to allow other transparent and intangible fofs to be seen in other intangible and/or transparent fofs if desired, provided that the textures or flats don't match with the intersecting fofs.

Also a way to resize other things besides the player. Like making bosses shrink or item boxes huge.

Not anything super high priority or anything, but I think it would be a neat detail if Eggman had contextual sprites for when he's fighting Metal so that he looks more hesitant to fight him, and appears worried for his well being when landing a hit on Metal. "I hope I didn't damage him too badly" type vibes. After all, Eggman actually cares about his bouncy blue metal boy.

For multiplayer, I'd imagine which facial expressions are used would depend on who hit him last, similar to how he chooses which player to attack.

maybe people have mentionned this but like
try to make it so that holograms bosses appears when players have the same color too and not just the character

Not anything super high priority or anything, but I think it would be a neat detail if Eggman had contextual sprites for when he's fighting Metal so that he looks more hesitant to fight him, and appears worried for his well being when landing a hit on Metal. "I hope I didn't damage him too badly" type vibes. After all, Eggman actually cares about his bouncy blue metal boy.

For multiplayer, I'd imagine which facial expressions are used would depend on who hit him last, similar to how he chooses which player to attack.
Whilst I'd say this feels more like a suggestion for a certain mod (as there is no vanilla playable Eggman, of course), but this IS a cool suggestion regardless.

Things i would like in the next update of SRB2:
1.A new Zone
2.Player Designs (Custom Made Vinyls for Multiplayer)
3.Fix the Bug that causes Control Input Lag when playing in a Multiplayer Server
4.Player Descriptions in Multiplayer (About, Favorite Mods etc.)
5.Allow the Player to switch between Normal Thok or Homing Thok in Settings
6.Have the option between The NiGHTS Special Stages or The Old Special Stages
7.Favoriting Mods (Adding them to the top of the Addons Folder)
8. Add an option where you can Thok only once a jump or The oldschool Thok (Multi-Thok)
Edit: 9.Player Emotes

Things i would like in the next update of SRB2:
1.A new Zone
3.Fix the Bug that causes Control Input Lag when playing in a Multiplayer Server
5.Allow the Player to switch between Normal Thok or Homing Thok in Settings
8. Add an option where you can Thok only once a jump or The oldschool Thok (Multi-Thok)
1. A new zone will probably be added in the next major update, but don't expect such a large content update in a smaller update patch.

3. As far as I'm aware, that's not a bug. That's just net lag. If someone more in the know can say otherwise, please correct me.

5 and 8. The next major update is removing Thok from Sonic, so it's probably rather pointless to do revisions to how it works in the base game. Additionally, Multi-Thok was removed to prevent spam, and Homing Thok has been rejected many times before. If you want to use them, I'd suggest modding them in. If you load the custom savedata mod last in your load order, you can even have the game treat it as though it were legit in single player.

Earthquake linedef effect - limiting range

"Playing" earthquake effect throughout the whole map can be annoying, specially for the players are far away from the source or cause of it.

Make it so:
If LD has tag 0 = plays for everyone.
If LD has a tag number = plays only for players within the tagged sector.
If LD has a tag number + Y texture offset = plays only for players within a given radius (e.g. texture offset x 1024) from the tagged sector's barycenter.

Add firework objects

They could be activated by floor sector trigger + linedef trigger. The thing angle would be the tag number.

The downside is obvious: frame lag if overused. :>

Hi. Discord right now has a discussion on whether to allow the full 32 bit color range for textures and sprites in SRB2, but I know it is controversial, so here are three alternatives that can be checked out if possible.

To note, I am just putting this here because everything in the Discord gets buried rather quickly.
  1. - Add more sets of 256 colors to greatly increase color variety while not going all the way to true-color realism.
  2. - Crunch the colors of textures at runtime the same way it is done in .gif images (allowing the full 32 bit range while limiting colors).
  3. - Have the game utilize three more palettes designed specifically to increase the hue/saturation/value ranges possible with textures and sprites. My ideas anyway, I will also note there is a truecolor patch on the Gitlab that was closed many months ago.
All three of these will also result in a permanent resolution to the idea that there's too much grey in the game. THZ2 for instance will be able to have lightly applied hues to many surfaces.

I would really like if it there was "orthographic leniency" for analog control, my game pad doesn't have notches around the control stick for up/left/right/down, so any miniscule deviation from (for example) a perfect straight up input will be read, meaning my character both doesn't run straight forward and will constantly turn the camera slowly in simple mode. v2.1.x had this leniency, but it's gone in the transition to v2.2.x for some reason.

Also I feel like moving diagonal down (toward the camera) in simple mode should turn the camera just as much, if not more than moving left/right; currently moving perpendicular to the camera has a sharper turning angle than moving towards it, which feels off.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back