Suggestions

respawning with 10 rings if you die at zero rings... idk, you could farm with the lives scattered around the level, and if you reach to a level that was meant to be hard (with enemies or bosses), well... you may know the rest
A potential solution to this could be to have special checkpoints that don't allow you to spend lives when you return to them, and so you always respawn with no rings. You would have to hit a normal checkpoint to regain the ability to spend lives to hold onto/regain rings on respawn. This gives the map maker control over when the player can respawn with rings, so that difficult sections of the level in which you can only have rings you collected earlier in the level can be made. If the player dies in this section of the level, they will always respawn with zero rings. This provides incentive to do well in these sections, as it's the only way to keep your rings.

Ideally, more checkpoints early on in the game would allow you to respawn with extra rings so that newer players can afford to take hits more often and learn from it, while much later in the game fewer checkpoints would allow for this, causing the player to need to rely on the rings they find in the level itself more often. Modders could also influence how difficult they want their level to be by what kinds of checkpoints they choose to place, and how frequently.

There would need to be a clear visual distinction between checkpoint types though, so that the player can tell at a glance even at high speeds between the types. This would also ideally be covered in the tutorial.

add a seperate key for retrying in record attack to make retrying faster (like binding where you bind something to a key, you press that key and it instantly happens)

i have idea what about a hollow night mod?
First of all, you don't suggest mods here.

Second of all, this rule for these forums should be of note:

Do not ask people to make things for you, or request certain mods or features. If you have a suggestion for the SRB2 developers, we have a Suggestions thread related to the game. If you want to learn, there are plenty of resources if you search. If you have questions, you are welcome to use the Editing Help forum. Plenty of people will be happy to point you in the right direction.
You just broke this rule, be careful.

A potential solution to this could be to have special checkpoints that don't allow you to spend lives when you return to them, and so you always respawn with no rings.
Yeah, it may work... But the creators would likely remove the ultimate mode or remove the checkpoints (like a record attack) to preservate the "Unfair mode" in it's actual state

I have an idea for the passive ability for the Whirlwind Shield.

When a player falls into a bottomless pit with the Whirlwind Shield equipped, they get bounced up like a red spring but loose the shield in the process.

This would help new players out by giving them a 2nd chance while professional players can purposely use the recovery bounce to reach higher ledges when using vertically-challenged characters.

I have an idea for the passive ability for the Whirlwind Shield.

When a player falls into a bottomless pit with the Whirlwind Shield equipped, they get bounced up like a red spring but loose the shield in the process.

This would help new players out by giving them a 2nd chance while professional players can purposely use the recovery bounce to reach higher ledges when using vertically-challenged characters.
that would sound really cool

New MainCFG parameter: EmeraldOrder

EmeraldOrder = color1, color2, color3, color4, color5, color6, color7

I'd like to set the emeralds in a different order to match my levels' themes. For instance, say the 2nd zone is sky themed, so a light-blue emerald will fit better than a purple one, and so on...

If one or more colors are missing (e.g. EmeraldOrder = color1, color2, color3), instead of crashing the game, use the next free emerald in the vanilla order.

1616042456449.png

Post automatically merged:

Bring back original RVZ as a legacy unlockable

That one without starpost! And workable in multiplayer, please. I remember we had a lot of fun because if just a player fell and died, we had to start over, over, over, over... until most people rage quit the game. :>

(EDIT: Post automatically merged... oh, so nifty.)

Last edited:
Please consider changing the flashing "BAD DEMO" text to not flash, and simply read "DESYNCHED" instead. Happens often enough that it's actually really annoying to look at in so many speedrun videos.

I'd like to set the emeralds in a different order to match my levels' themes. For instance, say the 2nd zone is sky themed, so a light-blue emerald will fit better than a purple one, and so on...
Is this really necessary? Unless I'm missing something, couldn't you simply overwrite the relevant assets so they have the right color?

The only use I could see for this is if you could specify less or more than 7 colors and that way the game would automatically adjust to have less or more than 7 Special Stages. Which... yeah, that'd be my suggestion for the day, that could be useful.

A simple solution to the map-size limit: Zelda Mode. It's not at all related to the gameplay, but rather it relates to scrolling. If a map has this flag, the map (can be any size) is split into tiles of a fixed size, like a kind of super-sector. Only one or two of these tiles is visible at once (max 4 or 9 probably). When you move from one tile to another, it unloads the tiles only visible from the first one. Using this method, we can get around the limitations of the Software renderer and create exponentially larger maps.

If one or more colors are missing (e.g. EmeraldOrder = color1, color2, color3), instead of crashing the game, use the next free emerald in the vanilla order.
I am SO up for this. No more need to replace the graphics!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 0, Guests: 6)

Back