Suggestions

This just stumbled across my mind.

An auto executing script lump, like MAINCFG, only it's a script. Like how there's autoexec.cfg, maybe a lump named AUTOEXEC that executes right after adding the wad it's in.

...That is one of the most the most BROKEN thing I've ever herd in the topic. Do you KNOW how OP Grenade would be? It would be a DISASTER, just like 1.09.

And then we're not even talking about Scatter and Automatic, especially with all the people using Knuckles nowadays. I can already imagine what spam-fest of Auto, Scatter and even worse, Grenade it'll be.

Just been thinking about this, but what about a keep away game?
You know, like Oddball from Halo or Skulltag from Skulltag.... and yes that is a gametype. It'd be like a reverse tag in a sence, but it is free for all and everyone is after the IT person... but it is just an idea.. so yeah.

Oh, and a server list that actually tells you who is in what server, it gets annoying when someone joins just to ask for someone and just leave.... Probably could work some type of stats system in it but yeah... these are just ideas.

Linedef Executor Action: Thunder effect

Will play the thunder sound effect and perform the flash. Noclimb disables the sound effect, passuse disables the flash, and that third flag that is used for linedef executor options causes it to only affect the person who triggered it.

1. A way to respawn NiGHTS items.
2. FPS Levels that are Like Doom.
3. A Waterfall splash thing.

Last edited:
More weather patterns please. Like Sandstorm, falling leaves like in SPMoves, except they float sideways a bit, and maybe even acid rain so that you get hurt if you touch it. :3

- :Ring loss rate is increased to 5 rings per second to combat the possibility of ring gain spam
Supers with 50 rings would only have 10 seconds to be super, 100 = 20, 200 = 40, etc. No. Never.

- :Special shields cannot be used when in Match Super Form
If I get a shield, I want it to work, kthnx. A more reasonable "Fix" for this problem would be something more like less range for ring shields when super.
+ : Rings and Ammo that is shot is unlimited. However, the weapon ring is still required to use it.
This totally overpowers grenade. OH WAIT I ONLY HAVE 10 SECONDS TO KILL PEOPLE, NEVER MIND. :\

- :Special shields cannot be used when in Match Super Form
If I get a shield, I want it to work, kthnx. A more reasonable "Fix" for this problem would be something more like less range for ring shields when super.

+ : Attacks cause the super form person to flinch (IE They will not be able to run until they land, like MR's Final Boss attacking S.Sonic), but will only send them flying 1/2 as far if the weapon used has recoil
If super is THIS underpowered, nobody will care about finding the emeralds anymore.

I hope you enjoyed my rant. ^w^

Last edited by a moderator:
Gameplay:
* Eggman has sent out his Jetty-syn army to guard the caravan. There are enough to keep you moving, but not enough to actually be a threat.
* There could be crates and Egg Capsules with powerups and enemies inside them. Perhaps the enemies could break the crates if they try to get out for a few seconds.
* Some Egg-teleporters that could take you to a room from another level. (obviously you're still inside the actual convoy map, just designed to look like another level) The original idea was for them to be an interesting place to put power-ups, but maybe there could be some that you need to take where you teleport back to a new area of the Convoy.
EDIT: Do note that you wouldn't be going through any sections of the level, it's just a room. There could be a forcefield emitting from the teleporter that shows the boundaries of where you could move around.
* Maybe a short boss at the end? I think that might not work, since the standard seems to be "use another map for the boss," and I don't think this level should use two maps.

Ugh. This sounds rather like an overly elaborate Egg Carnival / Storm session. I'd much rather stick with the tradition of a one-on-one battle with one of Eggman's mechs.

Ugh. This sounds rather like an overly elaborate Egg Carnival / Storm session. I'd much rather stick with the tradition of a one-on-one battle with one of Eggman's mechs.
I believe I was being a bit vague, actually. I meant an actual level where you need to get to the end. It would be about GFZ2 length, but with CEZ/ACZ difficulty, and has Jetty-Syns as the main form of attack.

Maybe we can return light dash as a unlockable ability? Some way where people with routers can play SRB2 without a crash.

Console text scaling: Make it so you can increase the size of the console text so that you can actually read it in higher resolutions. Maybe something like a CON_TEXTSCALE variable, where CON_TEXTSCALE 2 would make the text twice as large as usual.

[23:52] <Kaysakado> Hey, do we have a message for koopa shells?
[23:52] <Kaysakado> we need that if not

(in reference to kill messages)

It should have a new gametype.

Name: Practice.

We should have a Practice Gametype But it can't work on network games that the players don't hit us while we are practicing.

And the Practice Gametype should have Bots for Match and Race. On the Practice Gametype we must be allowed to change to Practice Match and Practice Race to play with the Bots.

I Hope I helped on this suggestion. :)

An optional setting where once a player collects the chaos emerald, the stage automatically finishes like in Sonic 1. I reckon this could be useful for certain levels which you find the chaos emerald at the end like Mystic Realm's emerald stages.

Somehow incorporating the shooting in multiplayer modes into single player gameplay. Here's one idea.

Sonic reaches Dark City Zone. He finds that Eggman has already left for the Grand Eggship / Egg Rock, and has littered his city with inactive tanks and steel barriers. Now, Sonic can get through Dark City without destroying any of the steel barriers, though that will force him to weave through more dangerous areas. To break down the steel barriers, Sonic will have to commandeer Eggman's old tanks...

If Sonic jumps on top of a tank object, the player's view immediately changes to the first person perspective. The directional keys control where the tank slowly rolls, the jump key allows the player to control Sonic again (who is deposited back on top of the tank), and the left mouse button launches a blast that can destroy steel barriers or a wide range of enemies (aimming with a HUD crosshair) with the same effect as an explosion ring. Destroying certain steel barriers will reward the player with shortcuts, monitors, and emerald tokens. Furthermore, the player is invulnerable from harm while riding the tank (though it is still possible to be killed by falling off a bottomless pit).

That said, tanks have several weaknesses. First, the player is much slower while operating a tank. Secondly, the tank has a reload delay of about five seconds (although ammo is otherwise infinite), as well as limited energy (indicated by RELOAD and ENERGY bars on the lower-left of the HUD). Each tank starts out with 100 energy points, but one point is siphoned for each second the tank is in operation, like Super Sonic's rings. Furthermore, each enemy attack to the tank (contact with Crawlas, bullets from Pop-Up Turrents, bombs from Jetty-Syns, ect.) takes one energy point from the tank. Once a tank depletes its energy, it can no longer move or shoot, and Sonic is forced to find another tank or continue on foot. Tanks exited with remaining energy points will resume from the same amount should the tank be re-entered. There will be no way to replinish tanks' energy points aside from dying, which also puts all tanks back into their original positions.

So basically, the purpose of the tank is to navigate through areas while taking out large amounts of enemies to blast through steel barriers, which contain secrets, before the tank ceases its functions.

Because one of the main focuses of SRB2 is speed, I can't imagine there being more than maybe three tanks and three "tank obstacle courses" in a single act.

Last edited:
A race mixed with match. Dunno what it would be called, but you fight while racing. Yeah. Did I already post this? I forget.

Porting all old music and textures (unless the textures already are in there) maybe. That'd allow for more variation and besides, some of the old music sounds IMO quite nice. (Like WPZ)

Linedef: Score

Checks the score of the players. When the highest score matches or exceeds the linedef's length, it activates.

Could be used in a match map in a way that when the action starts heating up, the stage starts changing. I dunno.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back