Suggestions

Sector Type *** (Sky Sanctuary Teleport)
Linedef Type *** (Sky Sanctuary Teleport Parameters). Set up like Linedef Type 18.
Thing Type *** (Sky Sanctuary Teleport End Waypoint).

---
Allow the following textures to exist as regular flats for convenience and for OLDC:

MM7FLR
DSZROCK1-3
SNDWALLA
SNDWALLB
SNDWALLC

S_SKIN option for deccel = # here max is 192 or 50 or something. I still dunno if this has been suggested or not, maybe I suggested it before but I can't remember but objectcfg to work for the character it's embeded in only, and have maincfg affect everything.

I can never remember if this was suggested already or not:

Multiplayer demo support for recording and playing back netgames, chat and all.

let other players...

All players that have supers should be able to have Sonic's special super abilities. EG. flying and a different face. This should be able to be turned on and off through s_skin. EG. superface = 1 in s_skin means that face will be changed when the character turns super. I tried implementing this in my own srb2, SRB2 ABE, but it didn't work out too good.

Good ideah, huh?

I don't know if this was already suggested or not, (I don't feel like reading through 168 pages) but in the S_SKIN lump there should be an "ABILITY2" line that whenever you press the spindash button in the air it will use another ability (if set) which works the same way the normal ability works EG. Super Sonics floating ability.

This could lead to alot more variety in characters like a character that can thok and swim. (Not sonic of course)

Flipped spike textures and the ability for the Spike Damage sector type to be applied to ceilings as well as floors. That way we can have awesome looking sector spikes on the ceiling as well as the floor. =P

How about breaking walls without having to make the character glide/climb?

It could be something like this:

breakwalls = 1

Also, maybe an ability that allows climbing but no gliding.

Have the No Climb flag on Instant Floor Drop and Instant Ceiling Raise change the floor/ceiling flat to that of the linedef's front sector after the floor movement.

A special Block Monster and No Climb linedef/sector type solely for FOFs, and not for the ground below.

An aesthetic makeover for some of the multiplayer levels.

Being able to set it so that if you get a gameover in a certain level, instead of getting a gameover, you get warped to a different level. Also the option to choose how many lives the player gets back after the game over, and setting that option to 0 gives them the amount of lives they had when they entered the level.

1. Ability to assign SOC properties that affect the player (like the drowning time) to a specific character.

2. Reverse drowning as a character option. (Character can't drown in water, but can "drown" out of water) The Elemental Shield would guard against reverse drowning, also.

FSX said:
1. Ability to assign SOC properties that affect the player (like the drowning time) to a specific character.

2. Reverse drowning as a character option. (Character can't drown in water, but can "drown" out of water) The Elemental Shield would guard against reverse drowning, also.

Where would that work? I guess a stage with a deadly gas, or a Fish wad, but that dosen't seem like it would work well. :\

I have ten suggestions for changes to the way Character WADs are set up.

1. There should be additional sprites for running on water.
2. Each character should have their own "going super" frames, instead of a set of SUPT frames which are only used for Sonic (I think this is already in consideration, but I just thought I'd restate it.)
3. There should be more special ability frames. It stinks that characters with Tails Fly have just two frames for "flying" but four frames for "falling". This could benefit Glide/Climb, too.
4. While I'm on the subject of special ability frames, there should be separate frames for unique super transformations and special abilities. You would still have SuperAnims in the S_SKIN lump, but that would be for whether the super transformations frames would be used at all.
5. I think this has already been suggested, but there should be "pushing" frames for when the character is running into a wall or a solid object.
6. Falling off a cliff should cause the character to break into their Spring Down animation (this is already done in Adventure Mode, but it should apply to all modes, in my opinion.)
7. There should be multiple Spring Up animations, and, if this becomes the case, there should be an extra option in NoJumpSpin to make it so that either the first Spring Up frame or all the Spring Up frames would be used during a normal jump. It would be something like this:

NoJumpSpin = 0: Character goes into spinning animation during a jump.
NoJumpSpin = 1: Character goes into the first Spring Up motion on the way up, and Spring Down motion on the way down.
NoJumpSpin = 2: Character's jump looks exactly like it would on a spring.
8. There should be separate frames for charging up a spindash and releasing it.
9. TAILSFLYTICS and other "timer SOC" settings should be handled inside the S_SKIN lump, not the MAINCFG lump.
10. There should be a way to tinker with how power-ups affect the character. For instance, there should be a way to set exactly what speed a character will be with Super Sneakers, and their acceleration, etc.

I also have a non-Character-WAD-related suggestion. Make it so that touching a Puma (Mario Fireball) causes Fire Damage, not Plain Damage. It makes sense...they're hopping balls of fire! Also, change their name to Podoboos...that's their more commonly used name.

What do you think of these ideas?

Sector based SkyBoxes. It would allow for Dynamic effects on the sky if it would simply copy the image of a sector.

I still think neededemeralds = (0-8, IF the black emerald IS still in 1.1, even not in the normal game.), superrings = (0-999), and ringdrain = (0-999 rings per ringtics 0-2100) should be in S_SKINS, no matter how abused they'd be. I have good use for them anyways. :/

Maybe even something like superinvinc = (0/1) should be in too, I was gonna say superspeedy and superjumper too, but well you could easily just add superspeed and superjumpheight instead. I mean make super forms diverse from each other as much as possible. Just take normal S_SKIN stuff and add "super" before them and there ya go, and I mean all the S_SKIN stuff. Even some replacements for stuff like maybe a way to detransform.

Example:

• name = Senku
    face = SNKULIFE
    facename = SNKUNAME
    ability = 0 (0-7)
    secability = Unknown what would go here for abilities
    homing = 0 (0/1)
    actionspd = 1 (-90-90)
    normalspeed = 32 (0-36)
    thrustfactor = 4 (0-5)
    accelstart = 90 (0-192)
    acceleration = 46 (0-50)
    runspeed = 22 (0-100)
    spin = 1 (0/1)
    startcolor = 128
    prefcolor = 10
    jumpheight = 100 (0-200)
    runonwater = 0 (0/1)
    waterskip = 0 (0/1)
    allowsuper = 1 (0/1)
    neededemeralds = (0-8)
    superrings = (0-999)
    superanims = 1 (0/1)
    nojumpspin = 0 (0/1)
    multiability = 0 (0/1)
    mindash = 20 (-90-90)
    maxdash = 55 (-90-90)
    ringslinger = 1 (0/1)
    slingitem = 364
    thokitem = 366
    spinitem = 365
    boxindex = 10
    DSTHOK = DSBDOPN
    DSPUTPUT =
    DSPUDPUD =
    DSGLIDE =
    DSCLIMB =
    DSDJUMP =
    DSSFLOAT =
    DSSFALL =
    DSSWIM =
    supername = Raging_Senku
    superface = RSNKULIF
    superfacename = RSNKUNME
    superability = 0 (0-7)
    supersecability = Unknown what would go here for abilities
    superhoming = 0 (0/1)
    superactionspd = 1 (-90-90)
    superspeed = 40 (0-100)
    superthrustfactor = 4 (0-5)
    superaccelstart = 90 (0-192)
    superacceleration = 46 (0-50)
    superrunspeed = 22 (0-200)
    superstartcolor = 128
    superprefcolor = 10
    superjump = 100 (0-400)
    superrunonwater = 0 (0/1)
    superwaterskip = 0 (0/1)
    allowdetrans = 1 (0/1) Not sure what the key would be to detransform.
    ringdrain = 0 (0-999)
    ringtics = 0 (0-2100)
    superinvinc = 0 (0/1)
    superspin = 0 (0/1)
    supercolor = 0
    supernojumpspin = 0 (0/1)
    multisuperability = 0 (0/1)
    minsuperdash = 20 (-90-90)
    maxsuperdash = 55 (-90-90)
    superringslinger = 1 (0/1)
    superslingitem = 364
    superthokitem = 366
    superspinitem = 365
    superboxindex = 10
    DSSTHK = DSBKPOOF
    DSPUTPUT =
    DSPUDPUD =
    DSSGLDE =
    DSSCLMB =
    DSSDJMP =
    DSSSFLOT =
    DSSSFLL =
    DSSSWM =

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 17, Members: 0, Guests: 17)

Back