Suggestions

This would REALLY frustrate noobs:

For the official Match and CTF levels, place the Player 1 Start in a remote Sector Type 974 tagged to Linedef Type 125 with a linedef length of 314.

An OpenGL rendered software mode as in, us OpenGL to draw software mode to the screen with one polygon, so that way, you can have the game work on systems that can't run software mode.

malloc and free intead of zone, I think operating system memory management is good enough now to drop the Zone system.

I've got an idea for slopes:

Here's how you set it up:

You set a sector type to <whatever>, and tag it's two side linedefs to each other and to a control sector. By side I mean whatever side you want to be the side of the slope.

Here's how it would work:

The game generates stairs like the ones in GFZ2 that look like slopes, but renders a slope over it. So, what you have behaves like a pseudoslope, but looks like a real slope.

Hope this helps!

Automatically disable teleporting as a Random monitor feature when in Race mode provided that it is a Circuit map. It is insanely lame to end up AHEAD of where you are to have to go BACKWARDS to touch the Star Posts in order.

rcon.

A fair few of the commands don't work when you use remote login, for example, maxplayers. So I propose the addition of the rcon command that will allow you to do this: 'rcon maxplayers 10', 'cpusleep blah' etc. In other words, it sends the command to the server who executes it instead of you sending the kick message or whatever.

It would, of course, only work when you're logged in. Basically any command after rcon will be executed by the server instead of your own client.

k?

Adjustable timing for falling FOFs that reappear. The x distance could be the time it takes for it to reappear and the y distance could be how long it takes for the person to stand on the FOF to make it fall. I think you should use something like the blockmonter flag on the current linedefs to trigger that you want to use this feature, and so it wont break when converting to 1.1.

Have the camera reset itself when you fall bellow the bottom of a quicksand FOF. I rather not have to do a script to reset the camera when the character falls through.

I have another idea for wads, how about a thing named supertransform = (or a bit short) for the S_SKIN that make each character wad have own transformation for the super form? Like Sonic do this:

supers.gif

And each character could have own transformation if type in the S_SKIN "supertransform = 1", example, Blaze could do this while turning super:

superb.gif

And in the S_SKIN could have other thing named "supericon = (0 or 1)" for characters wad with super form have a super form icon, like Super Sonic:

sonic.png

Blaze could have this:

blaze.png

SSN, I was going to make this really cool cave effect using a set of intangible, translucent, sides-only FOFs. But to my surprise, that's not a linedef type. Could certain effects such as sides-only and translucent be mapped to flags like "Block Monsters" instead of having another linedef entirely for them, or something? :(

Linedef Executor: Change Sector's Action

Remove the Bouncy FOF sector type and just make any control linedef with the Bouncy Wall flag work as such. What if you wanna put another sector action on that FOF? It makes it more convenient and is even minimally kinder on the CPU!

Please make the Custom FOF control linedef not have the hex flags code on the back sidedef. That's just annoyingly awkward to put a back sidedef on a one-sided linedef. The front upper texture is totally available.

If given the Deaf tag to an Emerald Token...If you get hit you'll loose the Emerald Token...But it will not dissapear...It will be close to the enemy that hurted you...And you can get it back.

A sector type for ceiling spikes, as well as the textures for them, so we don't have to import them.

A sector type for ceiling AND floor spikes at the same time.

'''Linedef Type ***, Adjustable Ring Drainer,''' is an adjustable version of [[Ring Drainer - No Floor Touch]]. Linedef length indicates the amount of tics it will take to drain one ring. If the Block Monsters (2) flag is used, you will be required to touch the floor for the rings to be drained. If the No Climb (64) flag is used, the player will die when his Ring count reaches zero or if he steps into the sector with zero rings, provided he has no shield on.

[[Category:Linedef Types|L***]]
[[Category:Miscellaneous Linedef Types|L***]]

Linedef Type ***, Sinking, Platform, Opaque, Shadowcasting, and the like.

It lowers as soon as you step on it, then it rises back to its original position when you step off it. I want this because Adjustable Sinking Platform doesn't let you control the speed at which you sink.

Disallow players to return their flag in CTF to their base while walking over them. Instead, place a graphical timer over the flag showing the amount of time left before it automatically returns to base. Each time the flag is dropped, the timer resets.

Reasoning?

A lot of CTF maps lock up into stalemates because a single player can instantly return the flag from almost to the other teams base to their own instantly. Teams should not be penalized for almost making it to their base and failing at the last second. The team is credited for the distance covered because the other team now has to defend the flag wherever it dropped for the amount of time on the timer. A very inconvenient situation for the team who lost their flag.

Because it is harder to return flags to base, teamwork and coordination is increased to defend flags in strange places, and the amount of stalemates decrease because its easier to score. Also, the default timer on the flags should be a server variable and a level header variable so that both hosts and wadders alike can decide what the timer length should be depending on the map and the number of players in the game.

EDIT:

Another quick CTF suggestion: Allow teams to capture the flag even when their flag is in possession of an opposing player. In the current system, when both flags are being carried, there is little incentive to return to base with it, because more likely than not, the opposing team is simply camping the flag room waiting to steal it back. If flags could always be returned at any time, there would be much more incentive to simply run back to base and score, rather than hide and camp somewhere else around the map hoping that their team can simultaneously return their flag and capture before their flag is taken again.

Not to mention this would be another stalemate breaker with increased incentive to capture rather than camp.

And last one, I promise: When a player drops the flag, whether purposely or on accident, prevent the player from using their special abilities for about two or three more seconds. The reasoning is because Sonic players can toss the flag in front of them and thok, pick it up in mid-thok, then repeat. The end result is Sonic being able to essentially use their special ability while carrying the flag, while Tails and Knuckles cannot.

sb and I both abused this to great effect in CTF netgames, but I honestly don't see why Sonic should have an even greater advantage over the other two characters.

[00:16:50] <DarkWarrior> You know what SRB2 needs?
[00:17:05] <DarkWarrior> An absolute-height linedef effect for fog.
[00:17:39] <DarkWarrior> The floor/ceiling heights of the fog would be the same throughout the map.
[00:18:16] <DarkWarrior> I mean that a single linedef would determine where the fog is in the map, regardless of other tags or anything.

On further thinking it out, why not just have it be a normal sector effect, akin to Map-Wide Gravity? Also, a way to have a ceiling texture, either translucent or solid on it would be great.

Make Trigger Each Time work properly with Anywhere in Sector. On several occasions, I've wanted to be able to have something that triggers only once when you enter the sector, then will trigger again only once if you exit and re-enter. And so on.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 12, Members: 0, Guests: 12)

Back