Suggestions

On a semi-related note, I miss lightdashing. Maybe put it in as a variable for charability2?

Even if it's relegated to a cheat, I'd just like to have something to mess with ^.^

Don't you know by now that I tend to vomit whenever I hear "Coop"? ;)

In all seriousness, there should be a way to toggling all the DEVMODE-reliant commands in netgames, I agree.

Except most of the DEVMODE commands are single-player only because they only modify the client's view of things...

犬夜叉;681178 said:
Except most of the DEVMODE commands are single-player only because they only modify the client's view of things...
That doesn't mean you can't allow them for multiplayer as well.

Maybe there should be an area in the Join Game Lobby which says if the game has cheats on or not.

Homing attack slightly faster

So it can be close to the Adventure games, and that slow homing attack kinda pisses me

If some time ya people decide to make slopes...

There's no need to sprite everything from the character in each different angle, just make it like Sonic 3D Blast, like, charging the spindash to go through a looping and walking on slopes without different angle sprites, ya know what I mean? Of course walking on slopes shall make the character walk kinda slower

Yes, let's waste our time tediously adding network functionality for options that were only supposed to be used for testing a couple things in the first place.

Quite frankly, you guys are being ridiculous.

犬夜叉;681314 said:
Yes, let's waste our time tediously adding network functionality for options that were only supposed to be used for testing a couple things in the first place.

Quite frankly, you guys are being ridiculous.

Though I agree with you that such added functionality would have limited applications, I wouldn't call it 'ridiculous'. I can think of a few experiences I have had in netgames where NOCLIP, among other things, was desperately needed (though not a DEVMODE command, NOCLIP is similarly restricted to Single Player). Those situations involved testing as well. I don't think it's that unreasonable to allow that same kind of cooperative testing option for custom addons, too.

Hey, so, what if every server had its own description that the player could read before joining it? Sometimes "game is modified" and "cheats enabled" isn't all that decisive in considering what exactly the server will play like, so it'd be nice if hosts had kind of a "pre-join" motd so that MS surfing was less of a hassle for the client.

This as well as the ability to see the server's files added without the need for the forum's MS listing would be nice.

Hey, so, what if every server had its own description that the player could read before joining it? Sometimes "game is modified" and "cheats enabled" isn't all that decisive in considering what exactly the server will play like, so it'd be nice if hosts had kind of a "pre-join" motd so that MS surfing was less of a hassle for the client.

This as well as the ability to see the server's files added without the need for the forum's MS listing would be nice.
This.

And what if people want to test maps together and would like to use DEVMODE as a supplement? :<
The problem with this, is that you let n00bs loose with such a great level of cheating and you'll never find a "legit" game running again.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 15, Members: 0, Guests: 15)

Back