Suggestions

The problem with the camera rotate keys is that it's easy for a newer player to hit and and not KNOW they've hit it, skewing their control and making the game feel wrong.

If you want to take screenshots with the camera rotated around for character wads, just turn on analog for a bit to do it.

How about this then? Bring back camera rotation, but the keys used are undefined by default and we have to define them in our controls. This way new players would only accidentally use it if they set keys for it.

That doesn't fix the problem whatsoever.

The problem is partly new players not knowing what they do and accidentally hitting them. Most of the problem is anyone accidentally hitting them and then having to open up the console or setting a bind for it.

What ever happened to that reset camera key? I know that never fixed the rotation but maybe it could be change to? :< Then we could just add to the Faq that if your character is running at weird angles to hit the reset camera key.

How about just manually using CAM_ROTATE <value>

Seriously, this is a pointless argument. If for whatever reason you want to point the camera at an odd angle, you can use the console and leave it out of the basic controls. A newbie is much more likely to press one of the keys in the controls list than mess with a console variable.

I was talking more about the situation in where you would want screenshots of your character for Releases - submissions.

Anyway, let's move on to some new suggestions.

Tone down the GFZ3 boss's AI. I don't want the first boss of a Sonic game to be one that requires you to outsmart it to not take forever.

Instead of running away from you in all three dimensions, he could be at a constant height throughout the match, where you can hit him from the elevated border, but not from the bottom floor, and when you hit him, he runs away horizontally to the other side of the arena.

This keeps the "difficulty" that his running away poses, and allows new players to learn to approach things from a different angle once they find that they can't hit him from the bottom section of the arena. Knuckles players might also need to learn how to climb to hit stuff, depending on how high the boss is placed. On the other hand, you don't need to do a perfect run and immobilize him in a corner for the entire match for it to take less than a minute.

GFZ's boss was made to run away when hit because he used to just stand there and take it, making it the most ridiculous boss ever.

The problem with the current system is that if you're really close to him when he runs away, because he's floating up higher than you, he shoots up nearly vertically and then takes FOREVER to get back down. This can easily be remedied by making him fly away from you like normal horizontally (across the X and Y axes only), but only just slightly vertically, so he gets a bit off the ground.

I'd personally keep the "trap him in a corner" exploit. It makes for a quick defeat but only if you know what you're doing.

A full teeter/on-edge animation for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Why finish them? Because none of the trio can be seen doing that animation in 2D mode, since there are only back teetering/on-edge sprites for that animation, and the rest all have the normal standing animation.

They teetered in the original 2D Sonic games, after all. =/

New FOF - Flickering FOF (Intangible)
Flickers like a Laser Block, but is intangible and it doesn't damage you.

I wonder if someone suggested this or not...

Anyone in Super form during match/ctf is not affected by Setrings.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 15, Members: 0, Guests: 15)

Back